2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#271548 - 13/05/05 02:39 AM picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone has picture of stock x with 32"?

#271549 - 13/05/05 02:46 PM Re: picture
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA

(Stone's stock height rig w/32's)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#271550 - 13/05/05 05:50 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did it hydrolock? Please tell that story because that baby is in DEEP.

#271551 - 13/05/05 06:34 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

both w/ 265/75/16

#271552 - 13/05/05 06:46 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, if it's water shots you want :rolleyes: ...

[Laughing]

#271553 - 13/05/05 07:01 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do your motors breathe under water to far?? eek eek eek

#271554 - 13/05/05 07:08 PM Re: picture
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Mine didn't......... shocked

(Thanks TJ!)

Stone

#271555 - 22/05/05 05:13 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting...all these pics show submerged Xs, the query was about 32s. It occurred to me: What is the max fording depth for an X...water in up to the doors, headlights, or drivers neck? Is there a decent snorkle kit available for the X?

#271556 - 22/05/05 05:29 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are two. TJM and ARB. I've installed both. Both are good quaility. The Arb goes all the way to the front of the fender to the intake, while the TJM goes halfway down and uses a secondary tube inside the fender. I have the TJM and it works great.

#271557 - 22/05/05 05:52 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see the intake is mounted on the driver's side. ANy problems interfering with line of sight? Do they mount only on left? How much did it cost and how long to install?

#271558 - 22/05/05 07:29 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
What is the max fording depth for an X...water in up to the doors, headlights, or drivers neck?
** DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!**
In a 3" lifted '01 on 32s (at the time), I drove the X for approximately 30-40 yds underwater. At the deepest (approx 51-53"), the water was 3-5" up the sides of the window, in essence, just below my shoulder as I sat in the drivers seat. It was over the hood and up the windshield as well..
** Again, It's not recommended that anyone try this as catastrophic engine failure may occur eek **

This message brought to you by Jim Beam Distilleries, producers of Knob Creek Bourbon wink

#271559 - 22/05/05 07:54 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
What is the max fording depth for an X...water in up to the doors, headlights, or drivers neck?
In a 3" lifted '01 on 32s (at the time), I drove the X for approximately 30-40 yds underwater. At the deepest (approx 51-53"), the water was 3-5" up the sides of the window, in essence, just below my shoulder as I sat in the drivers seat. It was over the hood and up the windshield as well..
** Again, It's not recommended that anyone try this as catastrophic engine failure may occur eek **

This message brought to you by Jim Beam Distilleries, producers of Knob Creek Bourbon wink
Yeah... I would have to be drunk to try that, really really really really really really drunk.

You're insane Dan!!! eek

#271560 - 22/05/05 08:27 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have forded to a depth where the bumper was pushing a bow wake and the fan was throwing water. Serpentine belt squealed a bit until things dried out. How far do you figure his went before it seized up (assuming it had no snorkle)?

#271561 - 22/05/05 08:33 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're referring to me, my engine was fine smile . Not sure why, but by the grace of G-D, nothing bad happened. No, no snorkle either, and I run a Stillen intake which is in a box, but the box is not fully sealed. It's open on the top and through the driverside fender..Wierd, I remember hearing the fan slapping and the engine chugging from inside the truck too. Very surreal moment as it was nighttime and the water was clear, but illuminated around me. Like being in a fishbowl..

#271562 - 22/05/05 08:56 AM Re: picture
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
Quote:
Quote:

i would love to see some pics of this here....

damn that souds crazy and would look neat as hell..

talk to you later.. [Wave]

BOOM

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#271563 - 22/05/05 09:01 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Boom, no pics from that voyage to the bottom of the lake..All of my fellow campers were kinda' hammered also and just stood along the shoreline, mouths agape in disbelief too..Make no mistake, there are witnesses wink Just no pics frown

#271564 - 22/05/05 10:12 AM Re: picture
TJ Offline

If you didn't take any precautions to prevent water damage, keep the water below the transmission hump...your little black box full of expensive electronics is about that height, under your dash.

laugh

If you make sure your firewall penetrations and seals are in good shape, headlight hieght water is about the limit for all but short immersions...the shot I showed was of the 32's under water, and the open element (Not a sealed box air intake or snorkle) getting wet and stalling the engine.

He didn't hydrolock, but it did take us hours to get him back out of the Barrens, as stuff was really wet (Water poured out of his door when he got out...)

laugh

Sorry I started the (hidden) 32's on stock theme, seemed to get out of hand.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#271565 - 22/05/05 01:29 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by copperlake:
I see the intake is mounted on the driver's side. ANy problems interfering with line of sight? Do they mount only on left? How much did it cost and how long to install?
You really can't even see the snorkle while driving, you have to look for it, so it doesn't block your view at all. They go on the left because that is where the airbox is and is only designed for the drivers side. Cost was around $300 and took me about 7 hours to install. If I had to do it again, it would take a lot less time. The hardest thing is figuring it all out so that it all lines up.

#271566 - 22/05/05 02:20 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well here is one of my crossings, No problems here either, constant speed was the factor that made this one successful. I have done deeper since, But no pics of them frown , at least that I have.

#271567 - 22/05/05 02:32 PM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys are insane. I would be afraid I would go completly sub-marine!

#271568 - 22/05/05 02:59 PM Re: picture
TJ Offline

GrnX's shot shows a good bow wave...notice how the water is headlight deep in front, and is visibly shallower as you move back on the truck?

If you keep the water at the headlights or lower, and have that effect, you're golden as long as you have a stock or closed airbox.

Another point if you're afraid of going too deep...don't drive through water unless you know how deep it is....take a stick or a branch, walk it and poke/sound the depths...and, what the bottom is made of.

You can still get into trouble of course, a hidden rut or submerged hole, etc...but, at least you are not just diving into unknown waters.

#271569 - 26/05/05 09:25 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

DAMN, I wanna try that! of course I would need to do some work to make my truck water proof first smile

#271570 - 26/05/05 10:06 AM Re: picture
Anonymous
Unregistered

This message brought to you by Jim Beam Distilleries, producers of Knob Creek Bourbon wink [/QB][/QUOTE]

Since we've allready gotten off topic, I live half a mile from the distillery. It smells delicious except for when they are making Pucker of course!

#271571 - 26/05/05 10:58 AM Re: picture
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
when you guys are in water like that (say up to the headlights), are there problems with water coming in through the doors?

#271572 - 26/05/05 11:04 AM Re: picture
TJ Offline

If you forget to close them...

laugh

Make sure the seals are in good shape...if they're torn or ozone degraded...you will let some water in...slowly.

It comes in MUCH faster through firewall penetrations if the grommets or other holes are open.

laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal