Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#273245 - 07/02/03 04:07 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
DGX Factor Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
SLR , what you have to realize is that the so called handful of people that bad mouth you and your products have a reason. Mostly due to some of the Cusomer Service right? Then you have a group of folks that have never had a problem..Acknowledged. Everyone on this board that reads everything to come through here on a daily basis, along with the other boards, realize there were good and bad experiences with your company thus far. Don't shy away from us. Just post your info for the interested parties to see, and let us make up our minds on If we are going to buy or not. You would get alot less phone calls for the same thing, and we wouldn't have to wait for email replys because the info would be right here. No one said you have to reply to what is said about whatever product or info you show to the board. Just a thought...

#273246 - 07/02/03 04:25 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Well, as expected, the dialog over there is turning into an XOC bashing thread, instead of focusing on the topic at hand. [Smoking]

#273247 - 07/02/03 04:26 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
DGX Factor Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
I see that...

#273248 - 07/02/03 07:26 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
SLR,
How do you do the grease fitting in the arms? I have a squeaking problem with the Calmini's and would like to know how you solved it with your arms.
I'm curious also, did they install one zerk from the uca to the bushing and another from uca all the way through the bushing so grease would beable to reach inbetween the bushing and inner sleeve, would that be necessary? Just curious...

#273249 - 07/02/03 10:20 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
SLR Offline

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

I will not continue this fireside chat. I don’t have time to answer ignorant replies. If customers have a logical question, I will be more than willing to answer via email or at 928-667-4757.

XOC:

We are looking for a test pilot for SLR’s Stage 5 4WD. Would you be interested in perhaps trading advertising or becoming a SLR representative/spokesman? smile

Charlie-X:

Ok.

Stromtrooper:

I feel your comments. I think a handful of members have no idea what it takes to produce high-end functional products from round and flat material. Most like to criticize and pick apart.

If you don’t like the Econ Line, don’t buy it. I really don’t think it’s fair to belittle myself personally or my products. A handful of members have had bad experiences with SLR. They have publicly displayed their problems. That is a minute fraction of our customers. We are not perfect, but we strive to be perfect.

DGX Factor:

Thanks for your input. I have a busy schedule and a hard time replying on a regular basis. If someone has something important via the message boards, please email info@2slr.com. I will try to reply publicly.

Happy trails and enjoy your weekend.

We have just dropped the price of our Econ Line control arms to $325.00/pair and $15.00 per arm for the zerk option.

>>>SLR

#273250 - 07/02/03 10:30 AM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by pinoy:
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
[b]SLR,
How do you do the grease fitting in the arms? I have a squeaking problem with the Calmini's and would like to know how you solved it with your arms.
I'm curious also, did they install one zerk from the uca to the bushing and another from uca all the way through the bushing so grease would beable to reach inbetween the bushing and inner sleeve, would that be necessary? Just curious...[/b]
Yet again. This is a simple question. How do you take care of the greasing problem with these arms? Do you have a photo of a modified arm? Or are you waiting for someone to order that option and figure it out on the fly?

#273251 - 07/02/03 12:34 PM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by SLR:
We are looking for a test pilot for SLR’s Stage 5 4WD. Would you be interested in perhaps trading advertising or becoming a SLR representative/spokesman?
No thank you.

I tried that before, and you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain.

#273252 - 07/02/03 01:40 PM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I'll take a free stage five and put a big 'ol SLR sticker on my truck though. laugh

#273253 - 07/02/03 03:26 PM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
sorry to burst your bubble smile
when spencer offered to have me be "the first X owner" with a stage iv and to use my truck for an article a certain prominent offroad magazine was going to do on SLR... i still would have had to pay for it(and honestly i still feel they are too expensive)... don't assume it would be free...

#273254 - 07/02/03 10:50 PM Re: New SLR UCA's avaliable
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by SLR:
If the Anti-SLR Clan would like to supply SLR with an upper control arm patent, then we will stop production.
Translation = Yeah, we copied CALMINI's design, what are you going to do about it?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal