Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274708 - 17/04/04 09:22 AM AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not the type to air my greivances on the internet, but now I'm really pissed!
I ordered wheels being advertised in a distributors magazine in Jan. '04. Paid in full, I was told they'd be ready 2-3 weeks, they were still in production [ThumbsUp] I think, I can wait to have the only set on the block... Then I'm told the month of February doesn't look so good either.. Than, good news, they'll be in March 4th! Than the 12th, The 19th. Finally I say, listen, I'm going to a national event (MOAB) with thousands of wheelers who'd love to see these new wheels. Free advertising for you and at a premiere event! They say, and I quote,"we'll cross our fingers".

They got here yesterday, April 16th.
The lug spacing's fine, but the center is only 3" around.
4"! I need 4 Fu*^#&@g inches! Who the F*$k ok'd this shit to be sent a way for an'01 X?! WTF is going on there? mad What kind of chromosone missing ass-hat runs their production center? 4"! Did anyone bother to check a factory spec before making these things? This is un-app-F*$@#^g-ceptable.
4 months to wait for an advertised product, which isn't shipped when promised (3.5 months later) and they're completely useless when they arrive.

ps- they sure are nice looking and as soon as AR gets their shit together, I'll post pics.
Bastards. [ThumbsDown]

#274709 - 17/04/04 10:22 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
So they're not really working out for you then? wink

#274710 - 17/04/04 10:48 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Make sure you ask them about their two week warranty. They told me that they would only cover my wheels if I had purchased them within the last two weeks. They definitely haven't impressed me too much.

#274711 - 01/06/04 07:35 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So today(June 1st) I fire off my second angry letter to AR as I've completely given up on dealing with the 4wheelparts store in Mesa,(40 something miles from my house). Dude from AR calls back and says their email system was down recently,yada-yada. He says UPS the wrong wheels I received 1 1/2 months ago back to 4WP and they'll make it right ASAP. It's been 5 months now, we'll see what happens next mad

#274712 - 30/06/04 05:11 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

AR guy calls to say today the wheels are post production and being shipped nationally. I'll be rockin' the only pair at GOX for sure smile Appearantly the guy who answered my email(s) is the R&D guy there and the whole "teflon wheel" thing is his baby. The concept was originally,(according to him) proto'd for Jeff Gordon (of NASCAR) to alleviate things like brake dust and grime from accumulating. He said he just returned from a movie studio today, where the VICTOR series wheels (mine laugh ) were being fitted to a big FORD being used in XXX 2.
7 months now, they better F'ng fit well... I'll have pics when they get here, really.

#274713 - 30/06/04 05:24 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
$5 says you won't have them before GOX.

#274714 - 30/06/04 05:40 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If this is them? Then they do look pretty sweet, hope AR comes through.

#274715 - 30/06/04 05:45 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL] [Huh?] [Finger]
I'm working on a gratis fifth wheel. I argued they've had my money now for over 6 mos. The juice was on and they owed me mad . He said he'd look into it :rolleyes:

#274716 - 30/06/04 08:48 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Non-stick wheels confused

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#274717 - 02/07/04 10:39 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
XOC- $5 says you won't have them before GOX.

No need to send the money now Firth smile . I just got the call and they arrived in PHX today laugh , install tomorrow [ThumbsUp] .

#274718 - 02/07/04 10:40 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
No need to send the money now Firth. I just got the call and they arrived in PHX today, install tomorrow.
$5 says they're dubs. laugh

#274719 - 02/07/04 10:41 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eat me.

laugh

#274720 - 02/07/04 01:07 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieX:
Non-stick wheels confused
Can we using them for cooking on during the next Xcursion? [LOL]

#274721 - 02/07/04 02:15 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cooking or Griswald family sleding. j/k

#274722 - 02/07/04 05:46 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, (deep breath here) I went to pick up the wheels. Lo' and behold, they fit this time smile . That was the good news [Uh Oh !] . They did not ship with the spiffy center caps. Uh huh, they got half the order right this time.. Dude calls AR while I'm standing there and says AR guy told him it's a problem they're having specifically with the NISSAN wheels. Pphhtt! Enough about that, they said when they got it figured out, they'd be sending mine to me. (On a plus note, 4WP guy sent me out with four of the plain chrome finish center caps in the mean time. They kind of look like they belong, but they're coming off as soon as the ones in the picture above arrive.)

Now, a word or two about AR's craftsmenship. Crappity crap. mad There is a lip of maybe 2-3 16ths" on one side of the wheels,(we'll call it 12 o'clock). AT 6 o'clock the lip is non exsistent. (EDIT- You can see the lip in the pic above from (going clockwise) 10 o'clock around to about 8'oclock.) It seems when the machine routed out the design from the aluminum alloy block, it ran it's pattern oblong eek . Now don't get me wrong, you have to look to find the imperfection, but after waiting almost 7 months for these wheels, I looked them over reeal good.

I can say without hesitaiton, this has been a bad experience form the get-go. As noted in other posts here concerning AR, they have some serious issues with service and product quality..

Caveat Emptor.

[Smoking]

Pics are forthcoming. (ps, not for nothing, but DAMN! they look good on the X!!)

2nd EDIT- Ok, one last thing. I couldn't wait so I drove down the street to a mountain and locked 'em up. I crawled around a bit and did some brodies in a dirt field. When I got home, what dirt remained, wiped off clean and easy. No film or nuthin'.
Yes Jim (Yzerman) we just may have steak and eggs one day on the trail wink The non-stick as good as any pans I've got [ThumbsUp]

#274723 - 08/07/04 01:37 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
um, pics please?

Thank you.

#274724 - 13/07/04 09:56 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Yzerman Offline

You forgot to tell everyone how easy they are to take off and put back on... [Laughing]

#274725 - 13/07/04 10:11 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
XOC Offline
Admin

I would return them. What if they aren't round?

#274726 - 14/07/04 12:29 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

pic pic pic! I can't wait to see!

#274727 - 15/07/04 04:38 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

c'mon.. pics

#274728 - 15/07/04 05:01 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I would return them. What if they aren't round?

I asked some people in metalwork and it seems to be nothing to worry about. The "seam" is identical on all four and seems to be result of the lathes pattern/program as it bore out the design.

As Jim mentioned, they are a royal PITA to take off and put on. The tolerance for the airwrench to get on the nut is minimal between the nut itself and the teflon-treated, countersunk "nuthole".

Yes, pics. That guy Jim has my camera and at this very moment is devising a way for me to place said pics on the internet for your viewing pleasure. The monsoons are back; cloudy tonight, tomorrow's high, when I get up..back to you Jim. [Smoking]

#274729 - 22/07/04 08:37 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

no pics? I would really like to see how these look on the X

#274730 - 22/07/04 08:41 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
back to you Jim. [Smoking]
Well, when you get back from GOX. [Huh?] I was actually going to bring my camera yesterday when I gave yours back, but I forgot frown . Or someone at GOX can snap a few and throw them on?

#274731 - 22/07/04 12:18 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
As Jim mentioned, they are a royal PITA to take off and put on. The tolerance for the airwrench to get on the nut is minimal between the nut itself and the teflon-treated, countersunk "nuthole".
Bummer, I had planned on removing one of them every morning during GOX so we could cook up some bacon and eggs on it for breakfast. laugh

#274732 - 22/07/04 12:51 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Bummer, I had planned on removing one of them every morning during GOX so we could cook up some bacon and eggs on it for breakfast. laugh
Good luck, took XterrAZ 1/2 hour to just put 1 center cap on that day.

Just hope that he doesn't pop a flat at GOX. The standard tire wrench won't fit eek and I don't know if he has picked up one that does. You might be there a while... [Huh?]

#274733 - 12/08/04 07:58 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Yzerman Offline

We had a run over the weekend and I actually remembered to take some pictures of Dan's new Rims. So here they are... [Geek]

Now for the closeup... [Huh?]

Funny how it was actually muddy here in AZ. [Spit]

#274734 - 12/08/04 08:11 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to jinx you further or anything but you know the first rock you hit and that spiffy non-stick coating is going to scrap off right?

#274735 - 12/08/04 08:32 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heh, I forgot you got the pics Jimbo, nice job. That was some good muddin' for sure. [ThumbsUp]
Yeah, actually, the tire/wheel combo kicks ass and as far as the teflon clear coat wearing off? :rolleyes: Fat chance. It's the scrapes and deep gouges from GOX that have already got 'em looking like they're used properly.
[Smoking]

#274736 - 14/08/04 12:14 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
What's an SE 3 pack? SE's didn't have packages in 2001 the SE trim just came with everything.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#274737 - 15/08/04 12:31 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As much as i love seeing muddy rims, you got a pic of them clean? Just wondering what they look like when their all spiffy. cool

#274738 - 15/08/04 05:27 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cpepe:
As much as i love seeing muddy rims, you got a pic of them clean? Just wondering what they look like when their all spiffy. cool
same

#274739 - 13/12/04 07:02 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anyone still cares... smile

#274740 - 13/12/04 07:13 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh mama! Dem R Sweet! [ThumbsUp]

#274741 - 13/12/04 07:16 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you'd have gone to GOX-CC you could've driven them around :p

#274742 - 13/12/04 07:22 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dan, whats the Back Spac. on those? They are DAMN nice lookin!!

Oh and are American Race. still Monkeys?

#274743 - 13/12/04 07:27 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If you'd have gone to GOX-CC you could've driven them around :p
He would have have if my wife did't freak the F c k out at the last possible moment. He was going to shotgun with me.

I still feel bad about that.

#274744 - 13/12/04 08:08 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

4 3/4" if I remember correctly..
Thanks smile

#274745 - 24/12/04 10:59 AM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

any fitment problems with that backspacing? and do you have any other pics that show the whole truck with those wheels on it?

#274746 - 10/01/05 07:19 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heres a shot of DBAX' Rig with the teflon coated non stick omelet and sausase grills on them... he likes to call them American Racing wheels.

#274747 - 11/01/05 07:22 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Grn-X:
Heres a shot of DBAX' Rig with the teflon coated non stick omelet and sausase grills on them... he likes to call them American Racing wheels.
Thanks for the pic, they look great!

#274748 - 18/01/05 04:26 PM Re: AR Wheels made by monkeys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those are great looking AR rims....sorry you had to go through so much hell to get them on and get everything straight (no pun intended :p ). But they do definitely look sweet on your X, especially Yellow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal