2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275134 - 09/11/05 06:22 AM Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

In lieu of not raising old threads from the dead(found 2 w/o the info I wanted), I have decided to start a new thread. I was looking for tires, and came across these and was wondering if anyone with them has comments. I'm not looking for the greatest offroad tire, but seeing as how I work on top of a mountain, I'd love input about snow performance. Also, is the price listed decent? I still have to see if I can find a local shop that carries them and their prices. I'd like to stay as cheap as possible while still getting an ok tire for the snow. I'd love to get the Revos, but they're too pricey.

Mastercraft Courser A/T

#275135 - 09/11/05 07:32 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

haven't seen those mastercrafts, but i've recommended coopers in every AT thread so far, the most popular tire around here seems to be either the BFGoodrich AT or the Revo, i couldnt afford either, but i'm runnin cooper ATRs and theyre great all around, i don't see the need to spend 150+ dollers per tire, when you can get one for around 100 bucks or so that is just as good, i've beaten my coops up pretty good and theyre still doing great, i only paid 85 bucks a tire for em, but they go for about 105-110, but you may be able to talk some places down, they are pretty damn meaty for an AT tire and they clean (IMO) better than a bfgoodrich AT, theyre awesome in snow, pretty good in mud and very good on rocks, if i ever have to buy another all terrain tire, it'll def be another set of ATRs cool

#275136 - 09/11/05 07:36 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definitely something for me to look in to when I get some time to go shop around. I believe the Mastercrafts are made by Cooper...could be wrong though. If I can find a shop to give them(or another comprable A/T) for $85 each, I'll def. take the plunge.

#275137 - 09/11/05 09:26 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've seen them around town plenty, especially on commercial vehicles. They seem to have deep treads and excellent siping. Cooper makes a lot of nice private-label tires. I think they're worth a shot for sure.

You probably won't find 'em for $85 each a good guideline to start with is online price plus shipping. So you're probably looking at more like $100/ea.

Good luck. Let us know how they are if you buy them.

#275138 - 09/11/05 11:13 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:

Good luck. Let us know how they are if you buy them.
There was a set of Mastercraft on my '97 Grand Cherokee I had before the X when I bought it, but they weren't the A/T. All in all they did decent in the snow...but man...235/45/15(can't remember exactly. they were def 235/x/15 though) was tiny...i think that's what that Jeep took(stock) anyways...

#275139 - 09/11/05 04:18 PM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

one thing about the mastercrafts. when i was researching tires, i came down to the mastercraft C/T Cooper S/T and BFG AT. since the mastercraft and cooper are both made by cooper i'd really think about going with the cooper. someone told me that mastercrafts are harder to find quickly in some areas of the country. Just something to think about on the off-chance you get a flat and need to replace one. down here in c-burg there's 1 place to buy mastercrafts and 4 or 5 cooper dealers.

oh yeah, my dad had cooper ATRs on before and they were defintely worth every penny spent on them.

#275140 - 13/11/05 07:54 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quick update guys. Got the Courser A/Ts installed over the weekend. I'm pleased with them. Decent ride and handling. I'm sure they'll be much better than the OEM Grabbers too so that's another plus.

tire 1

tire 2

tire 3

tire 4

tire 5

#275141 - 13/11/05 09:48 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a set on my 01 x..
not too bad but i do want a bigger and better tire
i use them in the sand alot....they do ok i guess
good mileage though for the price

#275142 - 13/11/05 02:50 PM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kobo:
i have a set on my 01 x..
not too bad but i do want a bigger and better tire
i use them in the sand alot....they do ok i guess
good mileage though for the price
Yeah, I know they're not gonna be as good as the BFG KOs or the Revos, but for the price they seem ok. I'm sure they're far and away better than theh Grabbers. Those things are deadly in the rain.

#275143 - 13/11/05 08:55 PM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

lookin good [ThumbsUp]

#275144 - 14/11/05 08:17 AM Re: Mastercraft Courser A/T
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had them before my BFGs. They're not bad, did my first few offroad trips with them and they held up well. Cost isn't bed either! My BFG's are worn out now and I'm getting ready to put them back on for winter. I'm not worried at all.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal