Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276288 - 27/03/03 08:49 AM Yes, another lift question.
Xcited Offline

Loc: Guelph, Ontario, Canada (Eh!)
Ok, first, I'm not one who's prone to come on asking questions that have been asked a thousand times already. I did search and found no posts that satisfied me. :p

For a while now I've been running with the Rancho AAL and just the t-bar crank up front (I'm also running Bilsteins all around too.)

I am thinking of ordering the front lift components (UCA's, etc) from Calmini. I was also thinking about ordering Calmini's shackles.

I know longer shackles tend to flatten out the spring pack faster, but is this also the case with having the AAL in there? If I do install the shackles will this increase the chances of "kinking" my stock leafs due to the shortness of the Rancho? Have any of your guys that are also running the Rancho AAL in the rear encountered this?

If I order the Calmini UCA set from their site, does this include everything I will need for the front lift parts? Is there anything else I will need that's not in the UCA kit (diff-drop bushing maybe...?)

Just looking for your feedback/comments/experiences. Thanks.
Member: Toronto Area Rover Club (TARC)
Home Page: XterraXcursions

#276289 - 27/03/03 09:03 AM Re: Yes, another lift question.
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
I used to have the same setup as you have now. In the last month, I installed the shackle/AAL combo, Nismo bars and Calmini UCA's. I am very pleased.

You will have all the parts you need for the Calmini UCA package. You do not need a diff-drop for Calmini nor do they offer one...only SLR. You might/might not have "kinking" from just the Rancho AAL. I had a little with just the 2" SLR shackle alone with stock springs. When I added the AAL, it didn't change it any or make it worse. In otherwords, you will be fine.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal