Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276918 - 19/06/01 10:41 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I have TSL super swampers for the weekend. They are 31X10.50X15 bias ply. They eat the mud at 15 psi. I have no complaints. Yes I have had to trim the front wheel wells.

------------------
Solar Yellow 2001 XE
3 pack, 5 spd,
PNWX member

-Rick

#276919 - 25/06/01 06:01 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
X_Jeeper Offline

Loc: Averill Park, NY
This past week I got a chance to use the TrXus on the road in very heavy rain, thanks to T.S. Allison and some other localized east coast weather. The tires performed very well. In fact, during one heavy downpour where the road flash-flooded, I passed another Xterra that had obviously hydro-planed and driven into the barrier (the front bumper was pushed in quite a bit) though I didn't see whether they had BFG or Generals.
These tires performed much better than any other mud tire I've run in these wet conditions.

#276920 - 25/06/01 07:21 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
Hunter Offline

Loc: Lyndhurst, NJ
X_Jeeper, I'm now more excited on getting my TrXus this coming July. It's great to know that this tires are great in wet weather conditions.

------------------
Alpine Green
Auto 4x4
00 Xterra XE 3 pak
520 PIAA Fog Lights

#276921 - 25/06/01 07:53 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Does anyone have any informed opinions on how these tires would behave at medium speed on snow packed roads ? Clearly its not the season for this kind of testing, but in general are they likely to be good or bad ?

Thanks.

------------------

#276922 - 25/06/01 03:56 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
The main reason I went with the TrXus was the siping in the tread. At the time there was very little info on these tires and I sort of went into the purchase not knowing what to expect. I am very pleased to say that these tires are great, both on/off road, dry or wet. IMO, they perform better then the stock Long Trails in wet conditions.

However, personally I would not drive them in the winter. You would be much better off buying a set of winter specific tires like the Winter Duelers. You really can't beat these tires for the winter months.

------------------
Visit our club http://www.soxc.org
My web page. http://www.members.home.net/linossiy/frame2.htm Updated

#276923 - 25/06/01 04:39 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Part of my big dilemna on tires, and I've been debating this for ages... is that I guess I want the best of both worlds.

A mud tire that has siping. That rules out the BFG MTs and the Mickey Thompsons (also due to sizes here).

I want something a little more agressive than the BFG AT and have some sidewall lugs. This rules out a slew of other tires.

It's gotta be good on the road, off the road - and definately in the snow. See siping.

So, I think I've narrowed it down to either the TRXUS (size issues) or the Interco SuperSwamper SSR (my current favorite).

I just can't decide...

------------------
01 SE 6cyl 5spd Solar Yellow
"Sleep... A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine."

#276924 - 25/06/01 05:26 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
mudphud Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Why rule out the BFG MTs? Can you just have the tires siped even though they don't come with siping from the manufacturer?

I am also looking for tires that will perform well in snow as well as mud, rocks, etc. (I live in Seattle and I snowboard). I am thinking about getting a separate set of tires for day to day road driving so road performance is not as big of a consideration for me.

------------------
2001 Super Black SE 4x4 Auto

#276925 - 25/06/01 07:21 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
I think the stock tires are fine for snowpacked roads (maybe not deep snow) so I might put them back on for the winter. There's nowhere in Colorado to go 4wheeling in winter anyway.

------------------

#276926 - 29/06/01 11:23 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
GordP Offline

Loc: White Rock, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:
Part of my big dilemna on tires, and I've been debating this for [b]ages... is that I guess I want the best of both worlds.

A mud tire that has siping
[/B]

I've been thinking along the same lines for a couple of years (siped mud-tires). Another option, which is pretty inexpensive, is the ProComp:

http://www.procomptires.com/covertiresizes.html

------------------

#276927 - 16/07/01 09:10 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
OK OK you guys sold me I ordered the trxus today hope to have them by friday can't wait to have them on the X. by the way since it has been a while that some have had them how have they behaved in the long term.

------------------
Were in the spirit world a$$hole they can't see us.
'01 super black XE 4x4
name: VADERX

#276928 - 05/08/01 11:01 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
ok, since the trxus's are swampers do they share the same charecteristics? por ejemplo,
are the 31"s true 31"s or are they 32"s?
any owners know?
thanks in advance...

------------------

#276929 - 06/08/01 06:53 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well, I found 12 posts in this forum that had the word "trxus" in them, and the third hit mentioned the size of the 31" TrXus. XXXterra mentioned it.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#276930 - 06/08/01 08:23 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
I am not sure if that post you recommended was accurate. I have the trxus and I compared them to my brothers 31 inch bfg's and mine look bigger. I also had to trim back the plastic quite a bit to keep them from rubbing. The posts you suggested state that the trxu is smaller than 31 and I suspect they are mistaken.

------------------
Were in the spirit world a$$hole they can't see us.
'01 super black XE 4x4
name: VADERX

#276931 - 06/08/01 09:28 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
The TrXus 31x10.50x15 may look larger because of their lug pattern but in fact they are slightly smaller. Here is a quote from a sight I found "As most owners of swampers know, Interco is famous for oversize tires. That is to say that a 32" tsl actually measures about 32.5". The same cannot be said of my 31" trXus. They are slightly undersized. My 31s" measure out, if I recall correctly, at 30.8s" at a street pressure of 30psi." from this site http://www.gis.net/~zacharer/jeep/reviews/trxusreview.html There is also this site http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/2001/06_jun/trxus/interco-trxus.html that mentions the same thing. They are only slightly smaller and did not require a great amount of trimming to the front flaps. Then again I have the Canadian flaps and I made them removable.

Great to see people are using the original post rather then starting a new one.

------------------
Visit our club http://www.soxc.org
My web page. XXXTERRA

[This message has been edited by XXXTERRA (edited 08-06-2001).]

#276932 - 06/08/01 11:45 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
The Trxus measure almost exactly 31". Most 31" tires from brands other than Interco measure around 30.5". They are a true 31" tire. Most of Interco's tires other than the TruXus run big. The a 31" TrXus in a 31" size is larger the a BFG AT or MT 31" by 0.5". Therefore, even though the Trxus are smaller than other Swampers, they are larger than most all of its competitors.

------------------
Tread Lightly!

#276933 - 06/08/01 06:07 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
mudphud Offline

Can anyone compare or have seen a comparison of these vs the SSRs? I was going to get the SSRs, but after reading some of the reviews on the TrXus, it looks like its almost as good as the SSR off-road and much better on road. Plus, it's cheaper than the SSR.

------------------

#276934 - 07/08/01 11:27 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
they kick ass offroad, but I did gash a sidewall, and after 5000 miles, they are incredibly quiet for the amount of extreme tread they have. Quiet well worth the money, and tire #6 is gonna have to be installed real soon for a spare.

Matt

------------------
Prisoner #1403952

and what did you do today?

#276935 - 07/08/01 11:37 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by GordP:
I've been thinking along the same lines for a couple of years (siped mud-tires). Another option, which is pretty inexpensive, is the ProComp:

I was totally unimpressed with the Procomps. they have absolutely no sidewall, an there isn't much in terms of protection on the sides either. Nissan Mike spun these a whole lot more than I spun mine at ECXC, granted, mine were brand new. I made it up more areas than he did in his Pro Comp MTs, nuff said.
http://www.procomptires.com/covertiresizes.html

------------------
Prisoner #1403952

and what did you do today?

#276936 - 07/08/01 12:20 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
mudphud Offline

Well, I think the only thing that makes me still want to get the SSRs is the look. They just look awesome on a truck!

------------------

#276937 - 11/10/01 09:59 AM Re: Interco's TrXus
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Bringing an old informative thread back to the top...

For those of you who have the TrXus, how many miles do you have so far, and how are they wearing?

#276938 - 16/10/01 07:15 PM Re: Interco's TrXus
Xodus Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
Well can't really answer your question WQBang, since i've only had them for 1500 miles smile. However, since you drug up this topic i thought i'd tack on some info since last weekend I finally got the chance to run my new Trxus offroad laugh.

As luck would have it, we did the same area as my first and only other Xcursion, so I was really able to compare and contrast to the stock ones. What a world of difference - these things totally kick ass . There were some rocky hills on power line trails that i had some difficulty with last time, but this time i just drove right up them. Also, there were a ton of mud puddles to play in. In the stocks, i noticed i would sort of just be guided through wherever the tracks were the deepest. In the Trxus, however, i felt like i was actually driving through on my own line. I don't have a lot of offroad experience so i cant compare them to other M/Ts or A/Ts, but I was not having any problems. Overall, i am extremely happy with this purchase. With any luck they'll wear ok as well wink.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal