Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#282286 - 07/12/04 11:16 PM Dunlop tire opinion
XVan Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Been looking to change tires. Does anyone have the Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT on? If so, what do you think?

#282287 - 08/12/04 12:34 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've always heard they were nice, but don't have personal experience with 'em.

A review from tirerack:

"I am the Manager of a Tire store in Vancouver, BC, and decided to put my 2 cents in because I have these on my Xterra. Great tire, I have had them on 7000 miles and checked the tread(BTW you cant check the tread in the middle because there is a platform, you have to check about 2 inches from the center to get an accurate reading) and still have almost 90% left, they are going to go for a while. We have alot of Wet weather here, and I am very confident on these Tires. And they are also Snow Certified...so I dont have to change them for the winter." -- Review Submitted 2004-10-07

#282288 - 08/12/04 01:12 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

my brother had the radial rovers on his wrangler (not sure if they were the mud or R/T ones. those are the tires that i will most likely get when i find a set of wheels i like. great tire for the money. The tread life coulda been better but he was a speedy guy and went off road a lot so i'm sure that didn't help with the wearing.

#282289 - 13/09/05 01:59 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm considering the Dunlop Radial Rover RVXTs myself. I have been looking at Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos (too much money) and the Pirelli Scorpion ATs as well as the Yokohoma Geolandar AT IIs. There are so many options and now it comes down to the price.

I live in Vancouver BC as well, where did you go for the best prices?

#282290 - 21/09/05 05:56 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I have them on my X. I love em. They are sweet. Very sharp looking, but they have good lug spacing so I am not afraid to get them off the pavement.

I've had em about 5000 miles.

#282291 - 22/09/05 05:48 AM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care for them much. They are ok but there are a few other tires out there that are better for about the same price.

#282292 - 22/09/05 09:07 AM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have any pics of these Dunlaps? Im thinking about swaping out and leaning towards the BFGs, but im always willing to entertain more options.

Jake, any examples of brands you would consider instead of the Dunlops?

Thanks

#282293 - 22/09/05 11:47 AM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

#282294 - 22/09/05 12:00 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by lover of paulina rubio:
I'm considering the Dunlop Radial Rover RVXTs myself. I have been looking at Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos (too much money) and the Pirelli Scorpion ATs as well as the Yokohoma Geolandar AT IIs. There are so many options and now it comes down to the price.

I live in Vancouver BC as well, where did you go for the best prices?
$75 discount on the Bridgestone Revo's right now (when you buy 4)... made 'em $99 a tire (factoring in the rebate) for the ones I just got my GF at Tire Rack.

#282295 - 06/10/05 08:20 PM Re: Dunlop tire opinion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Kaiser! You got the Bridgestone AT Revos for $99/tire with the rebate through Tirerack? That sounds pretty good, but isn't there shipping, mounting and balancing to factor in as well?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal