Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#283603 - 21/09/07 05:23 AM Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchased these tires through discount tire.com. While I think they look great, I'm having a few problems with them. After they were mounted I noticed that when driving down the road the X would pull slightly to the right. So I thought no problem, I have to get an oil change I'll have the Nissan dealership do a front end alignment. Pick the X up after-hours and it still pulls the exact same way. So I have them do it again. It seems slightly better but it still wants to drift randomly -its weird, because its so slight its more of an annoyance than a safety issue. The second issue is that in the mornings one of the front tires acts out of balance when first driving a few miles. There is a vibration in the steering wheel, then it goes away and is fine for the rest of my commute. Do you think that these are all factors to a front tire out of balance or is one of the front tires bad? Should I have the fronts rebalanced and rotated to the back to see if the problem goes away?
Thanks

#283604 - 21/09/07 08:52 AM Re: Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a similar problem with the bfg's on my 06 when I first got it. The bumping you feel in the morning is the tires developing minor flat spots overnight. As for the pulling, I had to wait until my tires broke in, took about 1k miles, a couple of brake stands, and a rotation.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal