2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#287294 - 14/03/05 05:15 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love my Sirus system. I thought the same before getting it about why pay for radio. I travel pretty much and love the fact that I do not have to channel surf. Well worth the $$$$. Come on NASCAR.....

#287295 - 14/03/05 05:22 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally have never listened to XM but, I do have Sirius and I love it. [ThumbsUp] We bought the Sirius car kit, and the boom box so the wife can listen to it at work. Even people at her work whom have XM have stated that they like Sirius over XM. Their biggest complaint is all the yakking going on over at XM. mad The biggest thing that is going to help Sirius over XM is when Howard Stern makes the switch. :rolleyes: But that had no effect on my choice, in my opinion he is an over-rated windbag that talks about the same thing everday. "I have a small penis" You're hot would you sleep with me?" [Save the fine unicorns] Sorry I had to vent that is just my opinion if you like him more power to you.

#287296 - 14/03/05 07:57 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I was listening to one of the Electronica channels on XM the other night...they put in an XM promo in the MIDDLE of a song. Not after, but dead center.

THAT was ridiculous.

As far as the difference between XM and Sirius, other than the sports and some talk, it's six of one, half dozen of the other.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#287297 - 15/03/05 08:21 AM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by double0X:
I personally have never listened to XM but, I do have Sirius and I love it. [ThumbsUp] We bought the Sirius car kit, and the boom box so the wife can listen to it at work. Even people at her work whom have XM have stated that they like Sirius over XM. Their biggest complaint is all the yakking going on over at XM. mad The biggest thing that is going to help Sirius over XM is when Howard Stern makes the switch. :rolleyes: But that had no effect on my choice, in my opinion he is an over-rated windbag that talks about the same thing everday. "I have a small penis" You're hot would you sleep with me?" [Save the fine unicorns] Sorry I had to vent that is just my opinion if you like him more power to you.
Ahen, Brother...

Not to hijack this thread with another topic, but Howard Stern sucks @@s.
[ThumbsDown]

#287298 - 27/03/05 12:02 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm a little annoyed with the increase too, but I'm still happy with the service and I have two XM tuners, so it still works out to a reasonable price. Trying to decide if my "new" car will get a seperate tuner or if it will share with the big truck.

I actually considered trying Sirius in the big truck, but the price was better for two XM tuners and I like the Delphi equipment better than anything I've seen for Sirius. Also, word out in the trucking world is that the XM hardware is better built and more durable than that made for Sirius. Kinda important in a truck environment. I've even heard some say they preferred the content on Sirius but switched back to XM because of the Sirius hardware problems.

So, life goes on... I pay a few more bucks each month. Not as upsetting as what the games the a-hole oil companies are playing again!

BTW, Howard Stern is a jackass... he could just go away altogether and I'd never miss him!

#287299 - 28/03/05 08:31 AM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have XM and don't really mind the price increase. I was already paying extra for Opie & Anthony (love them) and was thinking about getting XM online so I could listen at work (i have the boombox, but no longer sit near a window at work).

I love XM and when I'm in a car without it, I go crazy if I have to listen to local radio. You get spoiled by the musical choices and commerical-free real quick!

Besides, XM has added a lot of stuff since I signed up with them two years ago...so raising it a few bucks isn't too bad.

#287300 - 28/03/05 01:47 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Yeah, but with Tivo's lifetime option, you don't have to pay a monthly fee. My first Tivo paid for itself over two years ago, my second will in less than a year.

Monthly fee's suck - I can't believe people are falling for napster...
I think you will find that the music industry is going to embrace the monthly strategy because it just makes sense to do so. As the consumer you pay $10 a month and that's it. No restrictions on downloads and no time limits. In fact, you're only restricted by the amount of storage space you have.

Think about it, bands X, Y and Z come out with new albums this month. The price to own those new discs would equate to $45 at Best Buy and $30 at iTunes. Through a site based upon the monthly fee methodology it would only cost you $10, plus you would have the opportunity to access anyone of there OTHER tracks in their library.

I would love to pay ONLY $10 a month for digital music. It would save me hundreds of dollars a year in music purchases.

As far as the arguement that you would not OWN the song I really don't care about that. As long as I would have access to that song I'm fine with it. I have hundreds of cds that are just sitting in my room collecting dust. Maybe sometime in the future I will dust off an old cd and listen to it. With the monthly fee methodology I would just redownload the songs I want to hear when I want to hear them, be it tomorrow or 15 years from now.

#287301 - 28/03/05 06:39 PM Re: Those b****rds at XM
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
Think about it, bands X, Y and Z come out with new albums this month. The price to own those new discs would equate to $45 at Best Buy and $30 at iTunes. Through a site based upon the monthly fee methodology it would only cost you $10, plus you would have the opportunity to access anyone of there OTHER tracks in their library.

I would love to pay ONLY $10 a month for digital music. It would save me hundreds of dollars a year in music purchases.
Hmm, guess I just don't see that much new music worth listening to wink To each his own I guess. I know for me, I have no intention of being beholden to the music companies for the rest of my life to pay for the privilege to listen to music :rolleyes:

As soon as you quit paying you have nothing. The songs "expire" and you no longer have access to them. No thanks.

BTW - I haven't bought a CD at retail in years. I'll typically root through a pawn shop, a bargain bin or discount on line for a CD - I still prefer to have a CD to rip from. Like I said, I've bought a few things from iTunes, but other than extreme convenience, I don't find it too good of a deal. Napster even less - esp. looking at the songs they actually have in their catalog (iTunes and other music stores have this same issue as well).

#287302 - 29/03/05 03:21 AM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering If XM has it's pop/and or top 40 stations censored. I have Sirius and only a few of the stations are uncensored. If a song comes on the top 40 station with explicit lyris it will be edited but the same song on the Rock and Alternative station will be uncensored. What gives?

#287303 - 29/03/05 06:57 AM Re: Those b****rds at XM
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
XM channel guide lets you know which stations are not censored XM channel guide

#287304 - 29/03/05 07:48 AM Re: Those b****rds at XM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well...I didn't read this whole thread but let me say this...

I don't give a crap if XM raises rates, it's still great stuff!!!

So much better than FM you can't even compare the two...HD radio will just be the same basic crap you hear on FM but in higher quality...and you still have to listen to commercials and it will still be regulated. For those that won't pay...think of it as HBO...I won't pay extra for that (I barely watch TV as it is)...but I will for some good music.

And compared to Sirius, XM has much deeper playlists with fewer repeats. It also has a higher sound quality...not to mention the walkman unit which works great, and the ability to record shows to listen to later!!!

I rarely ever loose signal with XM...I can get full XM in the middle of my office at least 50' from a window while my coworker who has Sirius can't get anything. XM also works better under trees than Siruis...again my co-worker has trouble getting reception when we're out camping...I have no problems.

I listened to both XM and Sirius and chose XM...just a better service with better technology. (not to mention that home recivers from a ton of companies including Sony, Kenwood, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Harmon Kardon now have XM in them).

A $3 a month rasie is not bad, I actually save money, I have 2 radios at 9.99 for one and one at $6.99 with O&A on both at $2 each, and Online which was $3 so my bill was $24 now it's $20. O&A are hilarious, and I love that they have MLB. Now I can listen to my Yanks anywhere.

Also XM just launched their 3rd Sat. and the 4th is going up later this year.

XM and Sirius are great services...well worth the extra $$

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal