2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288716 - 31/07/03 07:09 AM HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a 7.2 inch roof flip monitor to install in my 2000 xterra.. I have no clue on how to go on about it.. Anyone here with any detail instructions for this project.. what panels and liners do I have to remove to run the wires down... any help or suggestions will be appreciated.. thanks

#288717 - 31/07/03 08:39 AM Re: HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Hey, first post! Welcome! Unfortunately, I can't help you. BUT, there are people here that have installed DVD players, monitors, computers, etc., that can lend help. You may want to use the search method on this particular forum first off (if you haven't already) to try to get some information. I believe this has been discussed in great detail in the past. You may get flamed for asking a question before searching previous posts, as certain questions get asked over and over and over again. Try searching, if you can't find anything there that can help, you can at least say you looked, and people will be more willing to help you out.
Good luck bro, and again, welcome!

#288718 - 31/07/03 09:38 AM Re: HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just interested in seeing how this goes - i have nothing to add unfortunately, however I'm looking to do this (and possibly headrest monitors as well). So please keep us up to date on your ventures w/this! smile

#288719 - 31/07/03 10:47 AM Re: HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok..so I search for most of the site and can't really find anything specific for this..I'm mostly interested in running the wires from overhead in a way so It would not be visible from outside.. also if anyone installed the similar setup would like to know how far would you keep the monitor so It would not distract the driver. It might be illegal in some states if it get in a way of driver when flip down.

#288720 - 31/07/03 10:48 AM Re: HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok..so I search for most of the site and can't really find anything specific for this..I'm mostly interested in running the wires from overhead in a way so It would not be visible from outside.. also if anyone installed the similar setup would like to know how far would you keep the monitor so It would not distract the driver. It might be illegal in some states if it get in a way of driver when flip down.

#288721 - 31/07/03 01:10 PM Re: HELP installing roof flip monitor on 00' x
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
I've seen several pics posted here in which the monitor was installed in replace of the overhead dome light. Not sure how they did it though. Anyway, I'll shut up now and let people post who know something about it, since I know literally nothing about installation of the monitor.

Good luck!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal