2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292245 - 09/02/06 05:52 PM Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone explain to me how to remove the rear speaker’s panel? NOOOOOOB PROOF

And second question in relation to this thread
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=003004

Quote:
southernx7 /QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
2001 Goldrush/camo
4X4 XE posted January 19, 2006 09:08 AM
Had the same issue 2 years ago after installing a new stereo. Marker lights and all interior dash lights did not work. I pulled the dimmer plug and ran a wire from the power side of the dimmer to the accessory part of a toggle switch that I set up with seperate power and ground. I had originally bought a wiring harness to attatch the new cd player to the harness of the truck but it wouldn't work so I had to snip the wires and attatch them to the cd player wires. Somewhere in this project a wire that must run in series from the dimmer to control the brightness of the stock cd player must not have been reattatched. So now I can manually turn off and on the marker lights and interior dash lights by the flip of a toggle switch. This might not be the best way about it but it's been working for 2 years.
after i had my head unit replaced at best buy my dash lights stop working, is it the fuse? and if so what is the fuse name because i was looking for it and could not find it or is it under that hood? because i was looking at the driver side.

third question, when i saw what the buy best people did i saw that the ground wire was connected to the harness but the harness does not have a ground wire, is that ok?

fourth question, what size are the front speakers/tweeter?

#292246 - 09/02/06 06:19 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

on the rear panel. fold your seat backs down and look for screws on the panel, there are 2, one is under the plstic were the seat folds down, and the other one is in the notch where the cargo cover sits. there is a little peice of plastic were the seat belts go in on the panel, that just pulls out. there is also a plastic pin fastener close to the hatch about mid way up. after that just start prying it away from the wall. for the drivers side make sure you pull the outlet out and disconnect it before pulling the panel off. i forgot you may have to pull the sill off of the floor before taking the panels down. i can post pics if you'd like.

the front speakers are 6 1/4 and the rears are 6x9.

and no it is not ok for the ground wire to not be grounded.

and if everything was working properly prior to the install take it back and make them fix it.

#292247 - 09/02/06 06:22 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

one more thing....

welcome to xoc, have you joined midwestxterraowners.com yet?

#292248 - 09/02/06 06:26 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

will soon, ur car looks sweet
but how do i fix the dash board problem? is the fuse in the driver side or under the hood? and what is it called?

#292249 - 09/02/06 06:29 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonhee:
will soon, ur car looks sweet
but how do i fix the dash board problem? is the fuse in the driver side or under the hood? and what is it called?
i dont remember but i think there is one in both locations, each fuse box cover has a diagram of where and what everything is. if it wasnt like that when you had the install done take it back and make them fix it.

thanx, those pics are old, god i need to update that cardomain site.

#292250 - 09/02/06 06:38 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did, those bastard told me that was my problem!how much is those lights on top of your car? is it ez to install?

#292251 - 09/02/06 06:47 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

call their cooporate office they will listen, and you will probably more out of it too if you bitch enough. believe me i know, i work for a major retailer.

those lights are from walmart, but i dont think they carry them any more. if you go over to midwestxterraowners.com there is a whole thread about those exact same lights in the electricity forum.

#292252 - 10/02/06 01:41 AM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

are you sure the front is 6 and 1/4? not 6 or 6 1/2? if u are sure where can i get 6 and 1/4?

#292253 - 10/02/06 05:53 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

6 1/2 will fit, thats what i used. you just have to stretch the plastic baffle and use only 3 screws instead of 4.

#292254 - 10/02/06 06:25 PM Re: Xterra trouble
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
This may help - I think the 2000-2002's are all very similar.

If you e-mail or PM me I'll send you the exact instructions for rear speaker installation taken from the Crutchfield Mastersheet for Xterras. You don't have to remove the entire panel and it will save you a lot of time.

#292255 - 10/02/06 06:36 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

too late frown already installed it last night
but thx tho

took me about 2 hours

cuz i only had a screw driver, scissors, and those Long Nose Pliers

#292256 - 11/02/06 09:20 AM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you figure out your dash light problem? Are the side markers working fine?

#292257 - 14/02/06 12:05 PM Re: Xterra trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

no i didn't. i took it back to bestbuy and bitch at them. so the guy spend about 1 hour checking every fuse with some electronic thing and he said i was right all the fuse is working.

now i have run out of options and i am taking it back to the dealer tonight

if side markers are the yellow lights right next to the head light, yes it is working right now.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal