2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292569 - 27/12/07 02:22 PM XOD 1736 install help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Picked up a cheap in-dash double-din DVD player from Walmart online. Something cheap and something I won't miss if it gets stolen. Heck I think my Kenwood headunit is better just because of the integrated iPod control. Anyways, I was prepping for the install and it's pretty straight-forward, but I need some advice on the brake-line wire.

From my research, all I need to do is to ground that wire. Should I ground it to the chassis or should I ground it into the harness' ground and what do I do with the ground wire from the headunit (do I ground that to the chassis)?

Thanks in advance.

#292570 - 01/01/08 01:44 PM Re: XOD 1736 install help
Anonymous
Unregistered

The e-brake wire needs to be tapped to keep you legal - it's illegal to have a movie screen visible to the driver while the vehicle is in motion. I've seen people stopped for driving around while watching television.

But your life is your life - just don't hit me or mine! I try not to invite the police into my life.

Some of the GPS/DVD players are smart enough to detect the bypass with the wire grounded. Some will detect that the wire has been grounded for too long and others will sense the car's motion (like the Pioneer AVIC's) and such the video off. The way to bypass the first is to use a toggle switch or relay. The Pioneer's can be defeated with a modification to the circuit board.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal