2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293933 - 09/10/04 08:55 AM Xterra Aux Input
NIXTERRA Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hey Just surfing through E-Bay and saw this...

Any thoughts... do you think that it actually works?

I saw this item for sale at eBay Canada, The World's Online Marketplace TM, and thought that you might be interested.

Title of item: 2002 Nissan Altima and Xterra Auxiliary Audio Input
Seller: virtual-outlook
Starts: Oct-04-04 23:02:47 PDT
Ends: Oct-11-04 23:02:47 PDT
Price: Starts at $60.00

To bid on the item, go to: http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?RedirectEnter&partner=777704&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI%2Edll%3FViewItem%26item%3D5724296352%26category%3D60208%26 ssPageName%3DADME%3AB%3AEF%3ACA%3A1

Item Description:

The Virtual Outlook AUXDAX provides an auxiliary audio input into the factory Bose or non-Bose head unit of 2002 Nissan Altima or Xterra. This cable plugs directly into the back of the head unit into the 8 pin DIN connector to interface with peripheral devices, eliminating the need for an FM modulator and providing better sound quality. Use it to connect DVD sound, portable MP3 players, Satellite radios, or any other audio device that can connect to an RCA or 3.5mm plug.A switch is necessary to turn the radio into AUX mode. We provide a switch kit with all the necessary connectors, including wire, quick connects, and wire tap, to provide for an easy install. Kit comes with a 1/4" pushbutton. It is small and can be mounted under and to the right of the ignition key by drilling a 1/4" hole. This way it is by the factory radio.
*NOTE: If you have a 2003 Altima/Xterra, there will most likely be NO connector on the back of your radio. If you check the back of your radio and find that you do indeed have this connector, then this cable will work for you. Please confirm that it is there before placing an order. The 2003 BOSE model PY540 does not have this connection. No 2004 Altimas have been found that have this DIN connector. Connecting to the RCA connector Our interface provides a set of female RCA connectors. The RCA connector is standard for most aftermarket satellite radio's, DVD players, or any other device with an RCA output. These devices usually require a line driver. The AUX input sound level is a bit lower than that of the factory radio level, even though the sound quality is much better than an FM modulator. The line driver is necessary to match the volume from the connecting device, to the volume of the factory radio. Unless you are connecting a device such as a portable MP3 player that has its own volume controls>>>>see below. Connecting to the 3.5mm connector We provide a 5 foot cable with a 3.5mm male connector on one end and a male RCA connector on the other end. This can be plugged into our female RCA connectors on our AUX cable. Most portable MP3 players, laptops and other devices with a 3.5mm jack can be connected using the 3.5mm stereo connector. A line driver is usually not needed with any of these devices. With the volume turned up all the way on the MP3 player we tested, it was a few ticks below the factory radio/ CD player volume. Not that big of a difference.
KIT CONTAINS:

3 foot auxiliary cable with female RCA end
3.5mm to male RCA adapter
1/4" black pushbutton switch kit
All necessary installation parts
This item is brand new.
U.S. SHIPPING: All USA orders will ship via UPS. Please use the section to the right to calculate UPS shipping cost to your zip code. For AK-Alaska, PR-Puerto Rico, and HI-Hawaii, shipping is $6.85 via USPS. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: We will ship Worldwide through US Postal Service only (Global Express Mail EMS). Please email us for exact USPS shipping calculation if your country is not listed here: Canada is $16.25, Australia is $20.50, France is $19.15, UK is $24.75, Mexico is $20.00.
FEEDBACK: Please leave us positive feedback. We will give positive feedback to all winning bidders, and we would greatly appreciate if positive feedback is left for us. ');
document.write('');
document.write('');
//--

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

#293934 - 09/10/04 09:35 AM Re: Xterra Aux Input
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
Any electronic wizards out there that can give opinion on this? I sure could use Aux Input for my XM.

#293935 - 09/10/04 11:56 AM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I don't see how it could work on the 2001+ SE's... There is not even an "AUX" button.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#293936 - 09/10/04 11:23 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness:
I don't see how it could work on the 2001+ SE's... There is not even an "AUX" button.
That cable plugs into an existing DIN input connector that is intended to communicate with an external CD changer. The upgraded RF premium stereo would not work with this cable because there isn't a DIN connector present, the CD changer is built into the head unit itself.

If your stereo is equipped with a DIN connector you would plug in this cable and then attach an RCA cable to your device. You would then switch your head unit to CD changer mode in order to hear your external device.

The switch that is included in the kit is used when you already have a CD changer hooked up. You would use the switch to control which device is being played through the head unit. I.E. - The switch is set to 1 and the CD changer plays, the switch is set to 2 and the external device plays.

#293937 - 21/12/04 09:40 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a better buy on the same thing. I looked on my 2003 and I do have the DIN plug on mine so this is the way I am going. The FM modulation just isn't getting it

Auxiliary Input Plug

Smurfe smile

#293938 - 22/12/04 03:52 AM Re: Xterra Aux Input
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
Lucky you, I'll have to go the replacement direction. Post pictures if you can of the front and back before and after. I'd like to see the procedure.

#293939 - 22/12/04 11:32 AM Re: Xterra Aux Input
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
So if I understand this correctly, this will not work with the 2002 SE's that have the indash 6 CD changer stereo?

#293940 - 22/12/04 12:31 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraDiver:
So if I understand this correctly, this will not work with the 2002 SE's that have the indash 6 CD changer stereo?
You understand correctly young Padawan. laugh

#293941 - 22/12/04 11:29 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mav63:
Lucky you, I'll have to go the replacement direction. Post pictures if you can of the front and back before and after. I'd like to see the procedure.
Will do. I was going to go the replacement route to. Before I ordered I decided to yank the factory unit out. It was pretty easy and took less than 10 minutes. I guess early 2003's had 2002 radios in them.

Smurfe

#293942 - 24/12/04 09:10 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Anonymous
Unregistered

Smurfe, nice find man. [ThumbsUp] I'll be waiting to see your pics. I'm dying to do this myself. XM via FM modulator blows. frown

#293943 - 15/01/05 11:50 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anymore information on whether this product works or not? Thanks. smile

#293944 - 21/01/05 07:52 PM Re: Xterra Aux Input
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about if your 2002 SE doesn't have the SAT button on it?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal