2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#294650 - 13/03/02 12:16 PM Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Loc: Long Beach, New York
Hey,

Check out www.jlaudio.com and look at their stealthboxes which are custom made for various vehicles. They don't have one currently for the X but the tech told me that with enough interest it will push them into making one. They said that right now there's interest, but not enough for them to produce it for the X.

He told me to email the president of the company andy@jlaudio.com, the vp of marketing msmith@jlaudio.com, and tech support tech@jlaudio.com and if there's enough interest, we can get one produced. Address the email to all three of them and express interest in having a stealthbox made for the X. Just a sentence or two would do it. You don't even have to give your name, home address or phone number.

Let's see the power of this forum and flood these guys with emails. Even if you don't want one, help out the ones that do and send the email anyway.

Thanks,

Russ Moskowitz

P.S. Post here if you sent an email, I want to see how many we sent!

#294651 - 13/03/02 04:02 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
xcentrk Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I wrote one...

I am looking to upgrade the speakers and add an amp and something for base. Was looking into the Basslink (since I am upgrading to the infinity speakers) but am open to new ideas... and I like integrated look of the Stealthbox.. plus it is not standing out saying "steal me".

[Huh?] <-- I just love this, I laugh every time... not that anyone cares.

#294652 - 14/03/02 07:28 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
LGUARD2 Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
I emailed JL again I emailed them a few weeks ago and got no resp[once from the as well as MTX but would much rather have JL than MTX anyways

#294653 - 14/03/02 10:35 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
xesc02 Offline

Sent my emails. I am very interested in one of these boxes.

#294654 - 14/03/02 02:51 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Jonathan Offline

Loc: Chatanoooooooga
i sent 1 too

#294655 - 18/03/02 11:15 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Me 3!!! laugh
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#294656 - 18/03/02 12:03 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Thanks guys/gals. I left a message with the President of the company today. Maybe this will light a fire under his butt. Lets keep these emails going while the issue is fresh in his mind.

Thanks,

Russ Moskowitz

#294657 - 18/03/02 04:13 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I think a bunch of us just got an email from the president, very cool! So which one of you lucky bastards in S.Florida gets to try it out when they're ready? If you don't take pics and give us a full report we'll be forced to take away your Xterra and make you drive an Escape. laugh

#294658 - 18/03/02 04:20 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
For those who did not write an email here is a copy of the response we received.......

Hello All,

Thank you all for your interest in a Stealthbox for the Xterra. Your
advocacy is overwhelming.

Until your emails started rolling in, we had not had a lot of consumer
interest in a Stealthbox for the Xterra. We are now re-thinking our
position, thank you.

Part of our Stealthbox development effort requires intensive listening tests
for what possible position within the truck sounds the best. So if any of
you live in South Florida, you would help expedite our decision by lending
us your vehicle for a day or two.

Thank you for your confidence in our products and keep checking our web site
for possible Xterra Stealthbox developments.

Sincerely,

Andy Oxenhorn
President

WAY TO GO RMoskowitz!!!!!!
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#294659 - 19/03/02 06:38 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Power to the People!!!! Although we shouldn't get too excited, it does look promising. I would totally donate my truck except I live in New York. For anyone in South Florida who is on this board, PLEASE contact Andy Oxenhorn at JL Audio in Florida to have your vehicle be the test for the soon to be produced Xterra Stealthbox. I'm sure that you'll qualify for a freebee when its produced.

Thanks,

Russ Moskowitz

#294660 - 28/03/02 07:55 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Update:

Just received the following email from JL audio. Sounds like a blow off to me. If anyone is in the S. Florida area, we can probably get them to make one for the X alot sooner as stated by the President of JL Audio, Andy Oxenhorn (see above post).

Russell,

At this time there is nothing available but we are aware of the popularity of the vehicle. Currently we are working on other models of vehicles that we have built stealth boxes for, but the models have changed so we have to revamp them. Check back with us in a couple of months to see where we are at on the project. We'll have more information at that time.

Regards,

Jason Sayen
Area Technical Director

JL Audio
10369 North Commerce Parkway
Miramar, FL 33025-3921
954-443-1100 Ext. 241
Visit us at www.jlaudio.com

on 3/13/02 3:38 PM, Russell T. Moskowitz at RMoskowitz@Finzfirm.com wrote:

Hi,

I am an avid fan of your products and would be eternally grateful if you would produce a stealthbox to fit the Nissan Xterra. You already have one for its brother, the Pathfinder, why not make one for the Xterra? I have a 2002, but the interior has changed very little since its inception in 1999 (and the rear cargo area has not changed at all). This would require just one stealthbox model for a 4 year model production and since they just updated the Xterra, I'm sure they won't be changing it again for years to come.

Please, please, please make the Stealthbox for the Xterra.

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Sincerely,

Russell Moskowitz

#294661 - 28/03/02 04:28 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
slfmade Offline

Loc: high above the mucky muck
just build your own box, itll probbaly cost like $80 less

#294662 - 28/03/02 04:29 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
slfmade Offline

just build your own box, itll probbaly cost like $80 less

#294663 - 29/03/02 08:40 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Wow!!!! I can really save about $80. Boy, I've spent $24,000+ on a truck, added leather, upgraded radio & speakers plus other miscellaneous upgrades. Do you really think I'm interested in building my own to save $80, $100 or even $200 if I can have an established company produce one for my exact vehicle? Come on man, get a life! Or better yet, GET AN XTERRA!!!! WANABEE!!

#294664 - 29/03/02 05:36 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
xcentrk Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by RMoskowitz:
Update:

Just received the following email from JL audio. Sounds like a blow off to me....

....At this time there is nothing available but we are aware of the popularity of the vehicle. Check back with us in a couple of months to see where we are at on the project. We'll have more information at that time....
That sucks... but I'll be sure to check back with then in May just so they know they still have interest.. that is if I don't get the Infinity Basslink by then... really starting to get tired of this stock audio crap.

#294665 - 29/03/02 07:14 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
slfmade Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMoskowitz:
Wow!!!! I can really save about $80. Boy, I've spent $24,000+ on a truck, added leather, upgraded radio & speakers plus other miscellaneous upgrades. Do you really think I'm interested in building my own to save $80, $100 or even $200 if I can have an established company produce one for my exact vehicle? Come on man, get a life! Or better yet, GET AN XTERRA!!!! WANABEE!!
so i guess if i get a 2002 se-s/c i will have spent like 30k, and thatll 6k more than you, then i can talk?

just figured youd want something more than what they would ever build, if they ever build a stealthbox for the xterra itll fit like 1 12" w0. or you could build your own, to fit wherever you wanted it, to look like whatever you wanted it to look like, to fit whatever subwoofer you wanted it to fit, for less than what they will charge you for it.

#294666 - 30/03/02 10:08 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Photecs Offline

Loc: Canada
I"m sending an email to each address as we speak! Although i like to show off my system, if the sound works as well as all other JL products, i'd be down with thievs not being able to see anything.... Hopeing for the best....D

#294667 - 31/03/02 10:00 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Photecs Offline

I wrote 2 last nite aswell... one to each address given. I'd be nice to have some hidden JL equipment. I just had most of my system stolen - out of my pickup though, my xterra won't be in my driveway until aug.
I'll write like one letter a week, just like in the "shawshank redemption", they can't ignore us forever!

#294668 - 01/04/02 01:19 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
n2 Offline

Loc: Venice Beach, Ca
Jason is a good guy and does not make the decision as to which stealth box they will produce. JL is a 70 million dollar company, making a stealth box for a vehicle has to make monetary sense to them. Keep emailing if you like but go easy on Jason smile

#294669 - 02/04/02 05:40 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
gr8fl_2 Offline

Loc: Staunton, VA
If you live in the Miami or Hollywood Florida area and want to give up your truck for 4 to 5 entire days only once a week then email JL. I got an offer to have my X used as the prototype model vehicle but it would make my commute around an hour and a half each way. My girlfriend just won't put up with that. Oh well. Good luck!
Tony [Wave]

#294670 - 02/04/02 10:58 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
spawn_x Offline

Loc: LA, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by XCENTRK:
I wrote one...

I am looking to upgrade the speakers and add an amp and something for base. Was looking into the Basslink (since I am upgrading to the infinity speakers) but am open to new ideas... and I like integrated look of the Stealthbox.. plus it is not standing out saying "steal me".
Check out my post in Buy/Sell. I'm selling a prowedge 12w3 (by JL Audio, both box AND woofer) with an Orion amp. More base than you would ever need - 300 bucks.

#294671 - 02/04/02 12:43 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by slfmade:
just figured youd want something more than what they would ever build, if they ever build a stealthbox for the xterra itll fit like 1 12" w0. or you could build your own, to fit wherever you wanted it, to look like whatever you wanted it to look like, to fit whatever subwoofer you wanted it to fit, for less than what they will charge you for it.
Yes, you could build your own. But it won't be a "stealth" box. They look custom built, like the ones you have to pay $800+ for right now since they don't make such a box for the Xterra.

And it's sad to see that someone whose occupation is "K-12 Student" can afford a $30K Xterra, so I'll just assume you got a little (a lot) "help". (Also, if you did a little more research, you could get it for less than that)

..jorge

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#294672 - 02/04/02 11:52 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vigre:
Quote:
Originally posted by slfmade:
[b]just figured youd want something more than what they would ever build, if they ever build a stealthbox for the xterra itll fit like 1 12" w0. or you could build your own, to fit wherever you wanted it, to look like whatever you wanted it to look like, to fit whatever subwoofer you wanted it to fit, for less than what they will charge you for it.
Yes, you could build your own. But it won't be a "stealth" box. They look custom built, like the ones you have to pay $800+ for right now since they don't make such a box for the Xterra.

And it's sad to see that someone whose occupation is "K-12 Student" can afford a $30K Xterra, so I'll just assume you got a little (a lot) "help". (Also, if you did a little more research, you could get it for less than that)

..jorge[/b]
Why is this even an argument? Some people like to just buy something and others may take pride in doing it themselves. You can bet that the JL box is going to be very expensive for what you get. That's the nature of buying a premade box; especially one from JL. It may be ported too and some people may not want that. To argue over premade or self build is stupid. Look at what N2 did. His job is way better than anything JL will build and probably was half as expensive because he built it himself. Some of us want to be able to remove our subs easily too or some may prefer a different brand of woofer. Lots of different factors. I'd almost bet money that if JL offers a box it will cost atleast $600 anyway. To top it off, the JL boxes are nice, but not spectacular. A properly built custom box will easily outperform a JL premade. Different strokes for different folks.

#294673 - 03/04/02 07:01 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
I totally agree. A custom made box would be much nicer. But it's not like everyone can just do make one themselves. And either way, a person who does it themselves isn't doing it to save $80 (as that kid said), they're doing since they can create a better product. Since parts and your time are going to just about equal out the price (if not surpass) the price of that of a JL box.

I honestly couldn't create something like that. I did get quotes for custom panel boxes, which were fairly high.

Either way, sorry to get off subject, slow day at work.

..jorge

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#294674 - 04/04/02 11:20 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Photecs Offline

Here's something that might boost everyone's spirits!
I got an email back from JL and here's exactly what they wrote:

"We have been FLOODED with requests for an Xterra box!  We are looking
into
options right now, and in about a month, I should have further
information
on our progress.  Please check with us then.

Stephen Turrisi
Director of Technical Services
JL Audio Inc.
sturrisi@jlaudio.com
http://www.jlaudio.com
(954) 443-1100  EXT: 240"

Not too shabby eh? Thought i'd let everyone know!
later
D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal