2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#294675 - 04/04/02 11:41 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Shortbus Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL, USA
Sweet! I just sent them an e-mail. Would have no problem at all loaning them mine for as long as they need it since I have other means of transportation. I've been waiting for them to produce one of these for awhile. Can't build my own b/c I need all the cargo space I've got, can't have some big box taking it all up. Hopefully I'll hear back from them...

"Since the internet has no walls or fences, why do we need Windows and Gates?"

#294676 - 04/04/02 11:59 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
02XterraSC Offline

Loc: Midwest
I just recieved this email back from JL audio. I hope next month comes soon.

If I had a dollar for every Xterra request we got! :->

We are ACTIVELY pursuing a Stealthbox for the Xterra right now, so please
check with us in about a month to see our progress.

Stephen Turrisi
Director of Technical Services
JL Audio Inc.
sturrisi@jlaudio.com
http://www.jlaudio.com
(954) 443-1100 EXT: 240

#294677 - 04/04/02 12:12 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Loc: Long Beach, New York
I know I my be speaking too soon, but I'd really like to thank everyone who sent an email to JL Audio. It's amazing what can be accomplished when people work together towards a common goal. As the expression goes: "The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease" and it looks like together we've been that squeaky wheel.

Thanks again and keep em' going while the irons hot!

Russ Moskowitz

#294678 - 04/04/02 12:13 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Happy Birthday hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 02XterraSC:
We are ACTIVELY pursuing a Stealthbox for the Xterra right now, so please
check with us in about a month to see our progress.

Stephen Turrisi
JL Audio Inc.
sturrisi@jlaudio.com
http://www.jlaudio.com
(954) 443-1100 EXT: 240
SAWEET!!!!!!! I can't wait. Hopefully it will be good news next month. smile
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#294679 - 04/04/02 12:19 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Shortbus (that's a great name):

email the president of JL, Andy Oxenhorn, andy@jlaudio.com, and copy his response on the first page of this thread into your email and state:

In accordance with your email dated 3/18/02, a copy of which is attached, I am offering to loan my xterra to become the production model test vehicle. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to confirm receipt of this email and to arrange a mutually convenient time to schedule my vehicle to be brought to your facility.

etc...etc....

and please cc: me rmoskowitz@finzfirm.com and the other people at JL Audio, msmith@jlaudio.com, sturrisi@jlaudio.com & tech@jlaudio.com.

Thanks,

Russ Moskowitz

#294680 - 07/04/02 01:46 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Shortbus Offline

Done, guess we'll just wait and see what happens now.

#294681 - 09/04/02 07:32 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Shortbus Offline

E-mail I recieved from Don Vertrees at JL Audio:

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your e-mail sooner, please accept my apology.
We've received a number of inquiries lately about the Xterra Stealthbox and as a result have added it to our list of project vehicles. I appreciate your offer to lend us your vehicle ... Currently I am working to secure a vehicle locally through a rental agency.
If we can accomplish this, if would probably work out better for everyone involved. I promise you the finished product will be worth your wait, so keep an eye on our website for the new product announcement.

Sincerely,
Don Vertrees

And one from the director of tech services:

You may no believe this, but I just got done answering a request for that box! Actually, in the past month, we have been flooded with requests for an Xterra Stealthbox! We are beginning our research into it now, so if you
contact us back in about a month, we may have some further information.

Stephen Turrisi
JL Audio Inc.

Pretty cool what a group of consumers can do with a little organized effort cool

#294682 - 09/04/02 09:50 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
congrats everyone on a job well done!!!

there is power in numbers, and we once again proved it.

this is very cool

#294683 - 11/04/02 09:49 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
sam Offline

Loc: Melbourne, FL
will the stealth box from pathfinder work for the X? they're quite similar aren't they?

#294684 - 11/04/02 10:43 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
no they are not... they are totaly different, especialy when your talking about something as tailor fit as a stealth box

#294685 - 20/04/02 12:18 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
ZG X Offline

Loc: Edmond, OK
Here is my reply from JL...

on 4/16/2002 5:42 PM, Brad Griffin at bradley@mmcable.com wrote:

I am inquiring as to the possibility of a Stealthbox made for the Nissan Xterra. Being military, I need to keep the utility of my SUV but I'd still like to customize a little bit. With all Xterras having the same layout and dimensions in the rear cargo section I believe this would be a product that could affect a wide section of Xterra owners. You consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Bradley

Bradley , Their is a wide band of Xterra owners who want a stealth box enclosure. We are working on one for all you Xterra owners Bradley. Look soon to have your wish come true, to customize your Xterra's sound system.

Thanks for your interest in JL

Ron

#294686 - 22/04/02 12:08 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
lboogie Offline

Loc: FlaVAtown
I sent an e-mail! Thanks for starting this and for all those who sent e-mails to JL. Hopefully we'll see something soon!

How do you know where I'm at when you haven't been where I've been, understand where I'm coming from?

#294687 - 22/04/02 07:33 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
XxGELxX Offline

Loc: Trout Run, PA
Just sent an email JL AUDIO

#294688 - 22/04/02 08:08 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
Bobby Offline

Loc: 3small city
Sweet, Awesome work guys!

If the box they produce doest take up much stoarge space, this may temp me to put in a system smile

Bobby

#294689 - 23/04/02 12:02 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
I too am very interested... Anyone have approximate prices for existing Stealth enclosures?

Gel, you are just down the road... 1 hr 15 min... and close to the Nissan dealer.. I am in Coudersport... We will have to find some places and go wheel!

Pick up my '02 XE 4x4 tomorrow night.. and will actually probably be driving through Trout Run.

Drop me a PM... or an email (in profile.)

Jeremy

#294690 - 14/05/02 11:01 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Just spoke with an head honcho at JL. We will be seeing this product very shortly. I can't believe we actually pulled this off. He didn't want me to disclose any possible dates of availability until they are firm but he said he will let me know next week sometime officially.

I also was able to give some input in the location of the stealthbox. I told him it would be best in the center console if possible as to minimize the amount of space used in the trunk. He stated that they always try there first for astethics and for theft deterence.

I hope this post doesn't cause any "Fireworks" (hint, hint) but we should see the box sooner than we would expect.

Talk to ya next week.

Russ Moskowitz

#294691 - 14/05/02 11:47 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
hawaiiterra Offline

Loc: Kunia, Hawaii
Does anyone know if the stealth box will be a 10" or a 12"???
If so, what kind of sound can you get out of one JL audio sub? I have two Boston Pro 10's and they are damn loud, but if one JL sounds close I would consider for a stealthy look...

Just curious!

#294692 - 14/05/02 12:05 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
I told him it would be best in the center console if possible
I completely agree. There's a whack of space there just for the taking.

#294693 - 14/05/02 12:14 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
I dont know about one JL sub, but I plugged in my friends 2 12s into my amp the other day and it sounded quite nice.
SWXC Member #74

#294694 - 14/05/02 03:55 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiiterra:
Does anyone know if the stealth box will be a 10" or a 12"???
If so, what kind of sound can you get out of one JL audio sub? I have two Boston Pro 10's and they are damn loud, but if one JL sounds close I would consider for a stealthy look...

Just curious!
I had 2 JL 10's in my last car and I'd buy them over most 10's out there. Sound quality and build quality are top notch!!
www.TheNewX.org

#294695 - 14/05/02 04:01 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
"Does anyone know if the stealth box will be a 10" or a 12"???"...

if its anything like the pathy 1 it will be 1 10" which sounds clean imho.

#294696 - 14/05/02 04:08 PM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Russ Moskowitz, you need to update your email address in your profile.

I am getting bounced email to your account.

I will be forced to close this thread if you don't update the info.

#294697 - 15/05/02 06:42 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Ian,

Not really sure why that is happening as my email address in my profile is correct. I did change the letters to all lower case so maybe that will correct the problem. Email me and see if it works.

Thanks,

Russ Moskowitz

#294698 - 17/06/02 09:44 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!
RMoskowitz Offline

Hattrick21 just posted this in another thread, but I wanted to put it here for those who have posted in this one, The email was as follows:

Dear Daniel,

Stealthbox development on the XTerra is about to begin. We have been working
hard to clear out existing projects and are just now beginning work on the
XTerra. Look for production parts some time in August. Thanks for your
patience.

Sincerely,
Don Vertrees

Guys,

How awesome is this? Now we can have better sound than the '03 which has the built in sub. I want to find out though where they plan on putting it - in the center console or in the rear.

Thanks again for being such pains in the asses that we actually got them to produce this thing.

Russ Moskowitz

#294699 - 17/06/02 10:04 AM Re: Stealthbox - JL Audio subwoofer for X - UPDATE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RMoskowitz:
Hattrick21 just posted this in another thread, but I wanted to put it here for those who have posted in this one, The email was as follows:

Dear Daniel,

Stealthbox development on the XTerra is about to begin. We have been working
hard to clear out existing projects and are just now beginning work on the
XTerra. Look for production parts some time in August. Thanks for your
patience.

Sincerely,
Don Vertrees

Guys,

How awesome is this? Now we can have better sound than the '03 which has the built in sub. I want to find out though where they plan on putting it - in the center console or in the rear.

Thanks again for being such pains in the asses that we actually got them to produce this thing.

Russ Moskowitz
Thats fine that you moved it. And its Hattik21, not hattrick21 :p (hint: there's no c)
www.TheNewX.org

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal