2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295153 - 21/10/04 02:16 PM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rinky, get vent visors for the windows..

Then you can crack them an inch or more, and have no worried about water getting in.. between that and opening the sunroof, it is 10 to 15 degrees hotter inside then outside

#295154 - 22/10/04 08:38 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

No worries about water here. We just got some rain yesterday which I believe you guys in Cali sent us from the day before. Before that tho is hasn't rained here in Mesa since April. Monsoon was a joke this year, 2 small showers and that was it.

Not sure I like the look of those anyway. Do they help with wind noise at all when you have the drivers window down? Looks like they would push the air flow out a little.

#295155 - 22/10/04 11:28 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

the fronts are horrible for noise.. as a matter of fact, i ditched my MT's because of them!! The rears are VERY nice. I can leave the windows cracked, or even part way down with only minor noise. The sunroof is 4 or 5 times louder then the rears. The fronts just arn't worth it on the highway. (to bad is looks getto with only the rears).. I only use the fronts for parking.. but the 4 are great on a hot day. I normally leave them cracked every time i park.cuts down on the frose in the morning also.. there is a stripe 2 or 3 inches tall along the top that is clear, while the rest of the window is frosted.

#295156 - 24/10/04 10:26 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

You figure out your install problems Just_Blue?

#295157 - 24/10/04 03:05 PM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

ya, I had to mail the main unit back to the company, apparently the main unit didn't want to go through some procedure that would allow it to work. I
should expect it back probably wed.

#295158 - 29/10/04 06:09 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I installed alarms and remote starts on all cars for 3 years at Circuit City. If you need any help with that just email me. I have probably installed 400 or 500 starters on different cars including my x. Let me know.

#295159 - 29/10/04 06:12 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh I forgot to tell you. I saw that you were in college station. My brother owns a car audio shop in Dallas. It's called AudioWaves. He can get you most anything Car Audio/ video/ alarm you need. He'll also help you with your troubles with that. Heres the store number 214-503-9500. Ask for Tim.

#295160 - 06/11/04 10:32 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a remote starter installed by a local auto place by me. An Autopage 2 way LCD model 855. Of course it has the alarm and a bunch of other features to. I like it, works fine for me.

I have a 2004 4x4 Xterra XE.

#295161 - 08/11/04 05:32 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just Blue,
I'm Just Wondering...
Did you resolve the problems?
Also, did you in fact need to get another key, earlier in the thread Ramness said no chip in key, but I was told by my local shop that there is a chip in my '03 and that's why there needs to be a spare key???
We don't have an actual dealer within 500 miles, so getting a key with a chip is impossible until we get the truck outta here.
If I can do this without an extra key, I'd love to know, as the first 6" of snow fell yesterday and another foot is coming in the next 24 hours.

Thanks

#295162 - 08/11/04 07:17 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well the 04's do not have a chip in the key. This much i know. I do not see why they would put a chip in the older models and not the 04. But i could be wrong.

#295163 - 08/11/04 08:24 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Though it hasn't been talked about, a word of advice/warning...

In KY, and several other states (though I honestly don't know which ones), it is against state law to have the car running, if you are not in it. The police in Louisville this past winter, started cracking down on people using remote starts. Evidently, car theft was on the rise, and they viewed this as a significant contribution to it. Even though most remote starts require the key to be inserted before the vehicle can be shifted out of gear, the police used the justification that since they had no way to know what system was installed on the vehicle, they had the right to assume the worst, and write a ticket.

So, just in case, find out if your state has this assinine law/rule, and whether or not the police in your area are going to enforce it, before installing a remote start. Doesn't seem worth it, if you're going to get a lot of tickets, with your X sitting in the driveway, warming up.

#295164 - 08/11/04 09:29 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. the Xterra key has no chip (confirmed by dealer)
2. I sent the remote starter unit back to the company (I know a guy working their, helps ALOT) and there is nothing wrong with the unit, it must be my wiring. So when I get the unit back, I'm going to get a voltometer and see which wires aren't working and such.

I have alot going on with my car right now
- Sub/Amp install (which I'm making a new box)
- Grounding kit
- Mean Green Alternator
- Flowmaster 40

It's amazing how projects that I expect to last a couple of weeks spend taking up months! Owell I'm doing it for the learning process anyway [Too much XOC]

#295165 - 08/11/04 10:13 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW, that is a real stupid law. I do not understand, how they can write you a ticket in your own driveway? I bet there is a loop hole in that law somewhere. But then again, i am not one who knows the law to it's full extent. Would have to contact a lawyer. Well here in NJ, there is no law like that. Not yet anyway. But you never know.

#295166 - 08/11/04 10:29 AM Re: Remote Starter
Saturday Morning Offline

Loc: Shawnee, KS (Kansas City area)
we have that law here in Kansas City too. Sorry.

#295167 - 13/11/04 08:37 PM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally! I finally finshed the install, and I love the thing! Press the lock button twice and the engine starts, no complaints! Instalation is fairly simple, u just gotta know what u are doing

#295168 - 14/11/04 08:56 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive worked in car audio/security for 5 years. This is the type of thing that I always recommmend be done by someone with experience. You can definitely screw your truck up if you mess something up.

Examples of customer screw-ups
- Blown ECU
- Blown Keyless Entry Unit
- Fried Coils
- Bare live wires

Never mind the rats nest of wires they leave behind for a nice fire to happen.

#295169 - 14/11/04 12:22 PM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow! I had no problem with this install, and I'd be curious to see how those people did that to their trucks. All I did was tap into wires, wasn't that big of a deal.

#295170 - 03/12/04 05:47 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my Omega RS-4LX, Just Blue, any chance you can give us a remote wire color to X wire color description of your install with location of where you found the X wires?
I've found a wiring diagram at bulldog security and it's a start, but since you've done it and it was easy once you knew how...
Thanks

#295171 - 05/12/04 10:43 AM Re: Remote Starter
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
What about this here...

http://www.ultrastarters.com/

I called a guy here in Wisconsin and he told me 275 installed with the 1250 series... i think that is cool... he told me that it would have everything that i would need... that i could start the car like 2miles away .. I thought that was a far ways to get a truck started but it would do well like in my apt... Only 200 feet or so away to get it going...
Then also it has different time frames also that I could start my Xterra at night when it is a little frosty out side also... but i would op for the series that you would have it start on the temp setting... if it would get under temp it would start truck for a 15 mins or so ....

I think that ill be going up there and talking with the guy on this thing here... if so i would get one for my wife also... then i would not have to take time out in the morning and scraping her windows... but she is kinda not up to par when it comes to shit like this .. She is shady on this shit ... well that means if she don’t want it then she could scrap her own windows in the morning....

Well let me know if any one has this in their Xterra

Later..... [Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

BOOM....

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#295172 - 07/12/04 11:29 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclypse20:
Ive worked in car audio/security for 5 years. This is the type of thing that I always recommmend be done by someone with experience. You can definitely screw your truck up if you mess something up.

Examples of customer screw-ups
- Blown ECU
- Blown Keyless Entry Unit
- Fried Coils
- Bare live wires

Never mind the rats nest of wires they leave behind for a nice fire to happen.
This is what happened to my Viper alarm/starter. Blew my SCU (Smart Control Unit) and rats nest of wires was an understatement. It was "professionally" installed. I am seeking a claim for reimbursement now. Nissan had to remove the aftermarket components and rewire my factory alarm. With the SCU shorted out, my engine was getting no signal from the ignition = it would not start/run.

#295173 - 07/12/04 11:59 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yeah, i would be definetly going back to the place that installed it with that bill....

#295174 - 02/02/07 08:49 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to revive this topic because I'd like to get an update on JustBlu's install. I want to install a remote start that uses my factory remote and am curious about how it works.

#295175 - 03/02/07 12:30 AM Re: Remote Starter
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all the factory remote useage sucks...only reaches like 35 ft. Go with something like this...only costed me 119.00 and so easy to install. NO Wirecutting involved. here's a link to the website where I got mine. Didnt need any transponder either and mine has been going strong for over 2 years. Ive even done installs on others cars for some extra $$ and purchased through this site. MIne is the code alarm 1 button CA420. http://www.autoalarmpro.com/inc/sdetail/108

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal