2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295183 - 05/05/06 04:06 PM XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, i already did a search and it didn't come up with much. I would like to get ideas on installing my Delphi Sky Fi 2 into my 06 Xterra. Especially helpful will be tips on removing the plastic trim to run the antenna toward the hatch. Any ideas and help is appreciated smile . Thanks in advance!! BOB

#295184 - 05/05/06 09:33 PM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 06REDBRAWN-S:
Hi, i already did a search and it didn't come up with much. I would like to get ideas on installing my Delphi Sky Fi 2 into my 06 Xterra. Especially helpful will be tips on removing the plastic trim to run the antenna toward the hatch. Any ideas and help is appreciated smile . Thanks in advance!! BOB
Bob- You're going to get hammered...there are LOTS of threads. That being said, I just installed the factory XM in my '06 but added an aftermarket antenna on the roof directly in front of the hatch. The installation of the antenna was really pretty easy. I used a razorblade and sliced a slit into the hatch molding and ran the wire through it. (Don't want the wire on metal when the door slams, so don't slice all the way through...also seal the gasket with silicone after you're done). From there I ran to the driver's side under the headliner and then up to the rear door along the ceiling. From there I ran down the pillar to the carpet and then all the way to the front along the carpet, taking off molding and trim as I ran. Took me 30 minutes start to finish and I did a darn good job. I also had to uninstall the factory antenna (which ran up the A pillar and onto the windshield) Good Luck!! smile

#295185 - 09/05/06 11:06 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey just put the xm antenna on your front dash...i've never had a problem with a customer complaining about his/her signal going out with the antenna on the front dash (xm only! sirius is a different monster)

#295186 - 12/05/06 07:24 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got it installed running antenna through rear wiper grommet down weatherstripping, next to the trac system then down the passenger side under plastic mouldings. Receiver is mounted under the airbag light.No prpblems and i didn't break any of the cheap plastic clips this time. Thanks for the help. wink cool

#295187 - 15/05/06 07:49 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 06REDBRAWN-S:
I got it installed running antenna through rear wiper grommet down weatherstripping, next to the trac system then down the passenger side under plastic mouldings. Receiver is mounted under the airbag light.No prpblems and i didn't break any of the cheap plastic clips this time. Thanks for the help. wink cool
Saw you were from Duryea and just thought I'd say hi since I am in Scranton!

#295188 - 15/05/06 08:30 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Sirius tuner, but I also ran the wire from the rear using the rubber grommet.

However, I installed the tuner in the sunglasses holder which I also added.

#295189 - 25/05/06 02:55 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is very cool how you installed the tuner up there in the sunglass holder. Good idea.

#295190 - 25/05/06 10:19 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sunglasses holder... Neat idea. Where'd you get it? Details! We need DETAILS! (Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread.)

wink

-G-

#295191 - 25/05/06 11:11 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

The sunglasses holder was an option for 05+ SE models. I cut the hole and installed it. Saw that there was too much room for just sunglasses, so the Sirius tuner fit there perfectly and I still had room for sunglasses.

#295192 - 25/05/06 11:35 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:
Sunglasses holder... Neat idea. Where'd you get it? Details! We need DETAILS! (Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread.)-G-
Try this link

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=78;t=000393#000000

#295193 - 26/05/06 08:12 AM Re: XM radio install ideas???
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've always been opposed to vent-mounts, but when i got my pioneer inno recently, i decided to use them "temporarily" until i decided where to put the bracket. i have to say, i think i'm going to stick with the vent mount. it's pretty solid, and i ran the cables from the car cradle directly into the crack between the radio bezel and dash bezel. looks great, it's right at my fingertips when i'm driving, and contrary to what i feared, it doesn't flop around when i hit a bump.

as for running the antenna wire, i just used a thin piece of blunt plastic to push the wire into the gaps in the interior moulding from the back of my X up to the front. i did run it under the door kick panels, then back behind the glove box. you just have to be creative and take your time. the last thing you want to do is clip that wire. splicing small-guage coax is no fun, trust me.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal