2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295746 - 01/01/05 07:31 PM XM Roady2 in '04
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All,
Here is a picture of the Roady2 mounted on the map light assembly using the Delphi supplied swivel. I like the position. Works well with the Roady controls. Still working on wire routing!

Dean

#295747 - 01/01/05 07:58 PM Re: XM Roady2 in '04
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not too bad. But XM? Bleh! laugh

Nice job. Did you screw mount it to the light assembly, or sticky tape it? And where did you put the ant?

#295748 - 03/01/05 07:55 PM Re: XM Roady2 in '04
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is an update. Finished routing the wires. The antenna is on the rear deck centered and even with the end of the ribs on the roof. The cable is hidden under the weather strip and along the egde of the headliner working it's way to the front at the windshield. I ran the power along the windshild to the pillar and down inside the trim to the carpet. Followed the door sill to the middle of the seat and then under the seat to the console. Power wire is then exposed running up along the xfer case shifter boot. I had to splice addition wire into the power cable.
I heated the supplied swivel mount to curve it to match the map light fixture. It is held on with the supplied adhesive.
No holes drilled or alterations to the X.
Now, as to performance I am not happy with the wireless modulator. No matter which frequency I try I have a problem with slight background static at best. The manual advises to get the satellite antenna cable as close as possible to the FM antenna. I ran up the oppisite side of the X. I don't know if this had anything to do with the static. I really would like aux-in but this stock '04 cd/fm deck ain't gettin it!
I may try the hard wire modulator but I hit a couple of road blocks with it that I must come up with a work around. Namely the lenght of the modulator satellite antenna wire that runs to the Roady2 is too short to hide the unit behind the glove box. The wire is only 40" long. I'm looking now for a pre-made extension. This sure is the long way around(no pun)!
All in all I'll keep it. The program selection is good, the continous traffic reports are great and it looks cool in the X!!!! [ThumbsUp]

Dean

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal