Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#296746 - 24/03/06 05:54 AM Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I have a brand new 05 Off road with factory installed rockford / sirius. I was wondering if others can controll the channels via the steering wheel. It seems like when I am listening to sirius, and I press the up or down button on the steering wheel (as to change stations) it goes back to FM radio and changes the station there. Is there a way to do this?

I would think this would be a terrible design if not.

thanks!

--chris.

#296747 - 29/03/06 12:51 PM Re: Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chrix:
It seems like when I am listening to sirius, and I press the up or down button on the steering wheel (as to change stations) it goes back to FM radio and changes the station there. Is there a way to do this?
Based on how my '06 RF XM/iPod hybrid adaptor works, you need to hold the up/down button to change channels on the radio. If you simply tap the up/down button, then it changes the radio preset as you noted.

This seems pretty much backwards to me, but for some reason it's the way they programmed things.

DB.

#296748 - 07/04/06 05:57 AM Re: Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, if I hold up or hold down, it browses the genres, like rock / pop/ talk/ etc etc. I simply want to chagne from sirius station 23 up to like 24. Is that not possible from the wheel controls?

Thanks!

#296749 - 07/04/06 06:31 AM Re: Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the factory installed Xm unit, and it behaves the same way. Holding the up/down control changes genres, and a tap of up/down changes presets. So far it looks like you can only change channels via the head unit. I agree that it is quite annoying...

#296750 - 07/04/06 08:31 AM Re: Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

did they change that programming for the '06? Im just wondering becuase I just ordered an '06 a few weeks ago. thanks

#296751 - 14/04/06 08:08 AM Re: Controll Sirius with steering wheel controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an '05 SE with the RF system and Sirius tuner. My steering controls allow me to change the channels so long as I have them present. I select mode to go through all 18 presets. Haven't figured out a way to let me select channels not already preset.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal