2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#298166 - 19/01/06 06:55 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the one in the pic above. Don't remember the manufacturer but I got it at Tweeter, it was in stock for about $25. It's a tight squeeze but it works fine.

EDIT: More pics of it here: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=002715#000000

#298167 - 19/01/06 03:03 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got mine from Best Buy. Not sure of the brand.

#298168 - 27/01/06 09:37 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you got it from Tweeter, it's an American International. wink

#298169 - 27/01/06 09:42 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a heads up on thickening the walls on a glass box, you can just use bubble gum mix, not too much hardener because it can crack. Moves so slow that you can spread it evenly along the surfaces of the walls without pooling or dripping. It's fast and effectively eliminates thin spots and leaks in the box.

#298170 - 16/02/06 01:24 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just finished having my system installed today. I went with a kenwood head unit with the Ipod dongle in the place where 99% of you guys have your 4x4 knob smile Replaced the components with Ifinity Kappas. The back doors I had to use 6" and an adapter. I can't believe no one has done this yet but my amp (RF 8002) is in the storage bin under the cargo floor. Clean install, it's out of the way and no can see it to steal it lol. taking up my cargo area (for now, till I get back from Iraq and can build some side boxes) is my big box with two infinity 12" subs.

This setup totally deafens me when I drive with it turned up at all. Sounds great at normal volume levels. I'm totally happy with it. Can't wait to get rid of the big box in the back. I'm really impressed with you guy's ingenuity building those custom boxes on the side. Does anyone know how much volume you need for a 12" sealed box? I'd like to put one on each side like you guys did, facing inboard, so I still have room in the back for gear and stuff.

#298171 - 16/02/06 06:06 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by HawaiianUSMCX:
I can't believe no one has done this yet but my amp (RF 8002) is in the storage bin under the cargo floor.
People have thought of this. I know I have, but I'm concerned about the heat buildup since there's no ventilation in there. Your amp may burn up and crap out.

#298172 - 16/02/06 05:08 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought about the heat issue, and have opened it up after a while of driving and yes it's warm but both sound techs that installed it said it wasn't too hot... and lol they have the warranty through their shop so if it goes I get another one and will mount it elsewhere!!

#298173 - 20/02/06 05:40 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
Quote:
Originally posted by HawaiianUSMCX:
[b]I can't believe no one has done this yet but my amp (RF 8002) is in the storage bin under the cargo floor.
People have thought of this. I know I have, but I'm concerned about the heat buildup since there's no ventilation in there. Your amp may burn up and crap out.[/b]
I actually cut a couple vent holes in the back of the plastic for ventilation...

#298174 - 27/02/06 05:43 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats not too bad...
nice

#298175 - 02/03/06 12:56 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if you can located the factory crossover on the 05? I want to run an amp to the doors but i really don't feel like fishn wires. My thought was i could replace the factory crossover with new and keep the fac wires. Any thoughts would help

#298176 - 02/03/06 03:22 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, great job! [ThumbsUp] [Wave]

#298177 - 04/03/06 08:19 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tutt15923 -- Good luck... That was one of the reasons I ran my own wires. Did not want to rip into the dash to get to the cross overs. I can tell you one thing, they are not in the doors as I have had the doors apart (obviously).

#298178 - 08/03/06 09:37 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wanted to do a set-up like this, but with 10's on both sides instead of just the one.
I am going to get a new head unit, subs, and mono amp. I don't have the money for upgraded speakers yet.

Question is... How will the stock speakers handle a head unit pushing upwards of 50W?
I'm still unlear of exactly which head unit I want, but the ones I'm looking at have between 22-50W/channel.

I'm assuming I can put 6.5's in the passenger doors of my '04 X. Until I can afford speakers, I might just go with fronts and no rears. (sucks for rear passengers!!!)

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to the X scene.

Thanx!!!

#298179 - 12/03/06 07:51 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nevermind...
Just traded the X for a 4x4 Frontier.
THanx anywayz...

#298180 - 02/06/06 07:18 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all cool install, I like the original look of the sub looks like it belongs there. I see your install included 6.5 speakers. Where they a perfect fit for the front/rear door or did you have to cut into the door or use any mods? response appreciated

#298181 - 23/06/06 09:07 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pburgh:
[QB]Of the two dash photos we've got in this post, I see two different dash kits... one being the Scosche and I can't seem to figure out what the first member used? I'd prefer the one with the wider pocket...anyone know what it is?:

I would also really like to know the brand of this dash kit and where it can be found... thanks
I believe that's a metra dash kit. It looks upside down to me but I guess that's just personal preference.

#298182 - 24/06/06 07:07 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could not tell you what brand it is but I purchased it and my deck installation stuff at Best Buy. There really is no upside down or right side up, but as you mentioned its a matter of preferance.

91Trojans: I did not have to modify the door at all. I did have to make custom adaptors out of plywood so the speakers would fit in to the stock door openings. Not that hard to do if you have a jig saw and a dremel tool.

#298183 - 26/08/06 06:27 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm kinda in the same boat with the sub cutting into cargo space. Right now it's just bungy corded to the hook tracks until I need to undo it for space. Consider making and selling boxes?

#298184 - 27/08/06 08:20 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello guys, one question. why is everybody replacing the 6x9 with 6 inch speakers? arent 6x9 supposed to be better?

#298185 - 08/12/06 04:41 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

It would have been a hell of alot easier and cheaper to buy the Xterra with the Fosgate system... it absolutely sounds perfect and after adding the Ipod interface I have 30GB of music all controled from the stock head unit and perfect sound! Sure beats spending thousands of dollars and sounds just as good!!! Just some good advice for those ordering or thinking about buying a new X

#298186 - 08/12/06 05:45 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
It's always neat when someone can dig up a 6 month old post to make themselves feel better about their purchase. It's great that you are happy with your stereo but digging up a 6 month old post just to blather some crap about how it doesn't compare to your stock stereo is moronic.

Comparing your stereo system to this one is well, no comparison. Power, clarity and functions are far beyond what yours or any other stock system has to offer. Just take the paper speakers out of your doors and compare them to any quality speaker. Oh and while you have the door panel off, can you let me know where the crossovers are set at?

Then open up your sub panel and watch it vibrate at differnt frequencies and watch what happens when it becomes overpowered with some great double kicked base. The stock system is really nice for a stock system, but when you are talking about an infinately tunable aftermarket system it can't keep up.

Out of genuine curiosity, are you able to controll all iPod related functions with the interface on the RF unit such as playlists, artists, songs ect. ?

I'm able to do the same iPod functions on my Eclipse CD5000 iPod interface, along with a 7 band EQ , DSP, and 8V preouts. Then there is the area shot, display functions, color changes and ....well...I haven't figured it all out yet. laugh

Neato huh?

#298187 - 23/12/06 06:17 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
lboogie Offline

Loc: FlaVAtown
It looks as though you may not have room to slide the seat forward/back. Install looks very good.

How do you know where I'm at when you haven't been where I've been, understand where I'm coming from?

#298188 - 29/12/06 06:04 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually have PLENTY of room to move seat forward and backward.... that is not even an issue with my install.

Gregory Weiss- No reason to throw mud at everybody in here who likes high end stereo stuff. For what its worth I bought the low trim level of X and put my own high end stereo system in it and came out ahead money wise versus buying an X with a fosgate system in it. What did I lose by doing this? prettier gages, fog light and a sunglass holder? Big deal. What did I gain? A sound system that will absolutely SMOKE the fosgate system. I have done a few installs in my time, but none as nice as the one I just did and when I first listened to it with my old favorites, I was like "wow" never heard that in that song before. Goes to show you what a good sound system will do for you old favorites as well as new tunes you like.

Bottom line: Fosgate is a great system for what it is, but for the money you can do much better IF you do your own install.

#298189 - 29/04/07 09:53 PM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not one of the greatest or straightest pictures ever taken, but here a shot of my udgraded system, no rap listen to in this X 100% Rock & Roll / Heavy Metal. Sounds Amazing. laugh
2 -12" 2006 Kicker L7's
Orion HCCA 2400D Sub amp
1.5 farad cap.
Not shown:
4 channel SoundStream Reference 604
2 Memphis M-Class M-6.5's(fronts)
2 Memphis M-Class M-4x6's(rear) modified no 6x9s
Rockford Fosgate Tweets
Pioneer 860mp Headunit
Pioneer GEX-920XM SDR (XM Radio)

#298190 - 30/04/07 08:28 AM Re: My new custom system with custom single 10" sub box - 05/06. (pictures)
Anonymous
Unregistered

you should make your own thread instead of pulling one up that was last posted on last year laugh

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal