2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#298386 - 21/02/02 04:54 PM Re: LCD Screen
yxterra Offline

Loc: Huntington, WV
I was checking out the latest Crutchfield and I spotted some nice retractable in dash screens. Plus a sweet deal on a Panasonic DVD player. I would love to have an in-dash screen and a DVD player stack on on top of the other, that way both of the Dins would be filled up. I don't need anymore storage, plus keeping the screen and DVD player separate is cheaper.

Check out Crutchfield for ideas and products, but I have heard they over price, like a lot. I have no experience w/ them, just something I have heard.

#298387 - 21/02/02 05:07 PM Re: LCD Screen
yxterra Offline

I was checking out the latest Crutchfield and I spotted some nice retractable in dash screens. Plus a sweet deal on a Panasonic DVD player. I would love to have an in-dash screen and a DVD player stack on on top of the other, that way both of the Dins would be filled up. I don't need anymore storage, plus keeping the screen and DVD player separate is cheaper.

Check out Crutchfield for ideas and products, but I have heard they over price, like a lot. I have no experience w/ them, just something I have heard.

#298388 - 21/02/02 05:29 PM Re: LCD Screen
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by KiD_CaPri:
Oh and for the LCD screens being illegal..... How come all the black people around here can have 10 LCD screens in there.......
Wow ! Black people ? So in Columbus it's only "black people " that pimp out their vehicles? Racist much?

#298389 - 21/02/02 06:56 PM Re: LCD Screen
solarinsocal Offline

Loc: Ontario, CA
I have a static 6" screen instead of the double din face. I cut out the ashtray piece below the double din and created another single din for my head unit. Works out well and cannot be seen from the outside. smile

#298390 - 22/02/02 07:40 PM Re: LCD Screen
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years now but I don't use it for viewing movies. One thing to keep in mine is to close it when you go off roading, otherwise the screen will move around when you hit ruts and rocks.

I have since moved the unit to the bottom section to allow me better access to the temp. controls.

#298391 - 23/02/02 10:33 AM Re: LCD Screen
KiD_CaPri Offline

Loc: Columbus
That's super tight!! Well I might not get a DVD player right now, I'm just looking for the best LCD screen at cost and trying to figure out how to install it. and no I'm not racist jesus

#298392 - 23/02/02 01:06 PM Re: LCD Screen
deanf Offline

Loc: N47º 06’ x W122º 22’
Kids these days. Too much disposable income.

#298393 - 23/02/02 01:09 PM Re: LCD Screen
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by deanf:
That's because parents don't love their children anymore or activly involve themselves in their children's lives. Then they overcompensate with showering them with gifts and money . Sad really.
I really wonder why some people have children in the first place.

#298394 - 23/02/02 01:18 PM Re: LCD Screen
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by deanf:
Mind clearing up what/who you mean by this?

#298395 - 23/02/02 02:03 PM Re: LCD Screen
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Someone has a LCD or DVD in their car. Their parents must not love them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a stupid comment.

It is so easy to get a credit card that it's easy for these "kids" to put pretty much anything they want in their rides.

Even if it was a parent who hooked up their kid's car w/ lots of A/V equipment, what's wrong w/ that. It's bitterness that gives you the point of view that's it's wrong to help your children out. I hope to help my kids install things into their vehicles. I don't care if it's engine mods or A/V upgrades.

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#298396 - 23/02/02 02:19 PM Re: LCD Screen
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JayzX:
Someone has a LCD or DVD in their car. Their parents must not love them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a stupid comment.

My comment had nothing to do with anyone adding a monitor or anything else for that matter. It was only in reference to the "kids have to much disposable income " statement. I see it every day here.

#298397 - 23/02/02 03:40 PM Re: LCD Screen
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Cool. I just read the disposable income comment was aimed at the LCD/DVD installs and lumped your response in with it. My bad. laugh

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#298398 - 24/02/02 02:45 PM Re: LCD Screen
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I often see kids driving around in new cars, with new rims, and all sort of other expensive additions. I assume that their parents get those for them - so their kids can have a "reliable" car that will not break down.

In my opinion, I think all the kids out there who are starting out should get a "clunker". Something that runs good, is safe, but not high on frills. (no CD/no ac/nothing power) This way, the kids learn to take care of their cars. They learn to jump start a dead battery, they learn what "burning oil" smells like. This will help them to value and take good care of their cars instead of taking it for granted. And it also teaches them some basic automechanics. (changing their own oil, identifying problems, etc)

That's how I started out, and I owe it to those experiences that I probably have better driving habits now, and I definetly know more about cars.

For the record, my first car was a 1981 Mazda GLC, with a manual cranking moon roof!! (this was in 1993) My second car was a salvaged 1987 Honda Accord (1994 - 2001). My third vehicle (and first truck) was my X.

Just my 2 cents.

#298399 - 26/02/02 12:51 PM Re: LCD Screen
KiD_CaPri Offline

Loc: Columbus
I'm a 21 year old college student who drove a '94 buick skylark till January when I bought my 2002 Xterra. Key phrase there is I. My parents helped me in NO way with the purchase of this car other than co-signing. There are a lot of kids like me who save there money and then can afford big items like this car. It also helps that I started my own DJ company. Through hard work and marketing I'm making $1800/month on average. Not bad for a 3rd year college student. And why shouldn't I spend money on some fun stuff right now. This is the time to do it when I don't have to worry about bills or a lot of the nasty things life can bring. So anyway there's my thought on the whole thing

#298400 - 27/02/02 11:54 AM Re: LCD Screen
Y02X Offline

Loc: Michigan...Land of humidity, H...
matt likes people who talk about themselves in third-person.

"Eric grows up in Stow, OH and attends Holy Family"

#298401 - 28/02/02 03:42 PM Re: LCD Screen
Angel Offline

Loc: maimi,fl
well is u want to see what it looks like click on my link pics

#298402 - 06/03/02 05:41 PM Re: LCD Screen
yxterra Offline

Hey Angel, where is the DVD player? That is if you have one. I wasn't sure if you did or not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal