Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299047 - 28/02/07 05:59 PM Headrest monitor question from X newbee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all, I'm new to the X world, just traded my Solstice for an 07 S in Midnight Blue ( love the color! )two weekends ago.
So far I have installed the Jensen double din media system & Kenwood sw-1 powered sub under the drivers seat. I am having trouble deciding on the drop down screen or 2 headrest screens for the back seat. It seems like the drop screen will block a lot of the rear view in the mirror.
If I go with the headrests, I would like to go with something bigger then the 5" screens that I saw in one of the other posts. The factory headrest don't seem to be wide enough for the 7" screens.
I was wondering if anyone tried the drop in vinyl/leather universal fit headrest systems that are suppose to fit most cars? There are tons to choose from on Ebay. If they will fit the X I can always see about having them recovered to match the originals if they don't look so nice.
I'm open to any thoughts on what might be the best way to go at this point, I hate to buy the stuff just to find out it won't fit [Huh?] .
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.
Troy

#299048 - 17/03/07 01:22 AM Re: Headrest monitor question from X newbee
bronx Offline

Loc: California
Congrats on your NEW X. The biggest headrest screen you can for your X is from Toshiba. It's 5.7" but wide enuff where you don't have squint at the picture. There's not alot of room back there anyways. I also have a 2006 model and it's about the same distance as my 2000. Here's wide shot from the back driver's side.

#299049 - 19/03/07 06:46 PM Re: Headrest monitor question from X newbee
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
Where did you purchase your setup?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal