Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#301100 - 15/06/05 12:15 PM Speaker Wiring on a 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am about to order some component speakers for the front doors on my 05.

Question … where does the stock front speaker wires split at? What I mean is…how are the speakers wired? Does the wire go to the door then go to the tweeter. Is there a true crossover somewhere?

Most of the time I see one of two options used. 1. A wire goes to the door then to the tweeter where a capacitor is used to block bass. 2. The wire just splits, somewhere down the wire path.

I know running new wire is the best option…but for me, the way I have done the install thus far I would rather use the factory wire. I actually have a computer in my xterra and have installed my Alpine in the back and it runs up through the console to a wiring harness I made and taps into the factory wiring. Basically my computer will run to the amp, then the amp (Speaker Wire) runs up to the dash where it interfaces to the factory wiring via a wiring harness.

#301101 - 15/06/05 07:44 PM Re: Speaker Wiring on a 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Couldn't tell ya cause I ran all new wiring for the entire system. I believe thats what most have done for componets as its hard do locate the factory crossovers. My guess is they are somewhere in the dash beause if they were in the door they would rust in the long run. I did not see them in the door when I took apart my doors for my install.

Hope that helps.

#301102 - 15/06/05 07:49 PM Re: Speaker Wiring on a 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^^ditto

#301103 - 15/06/05 08:48 PM Re: Speaker Wiring on a 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just did this last weekend. There is no true crossover - just a capacitor on the tweeters.

I couldn't track how the tweeter connects to door - must just splt somewhere. Only one wire for both speakers is at the harness.

I also did not want to re-run speaker wire so used stock door wire and ran new tweeter wire each to crossover that came with component speakers. Speaker wire is easy to run from top of dash down underneath dash.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal