Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302045 - 02/08/07 07:55 AM installed hu and headlights dont work...
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey guys, i was installing a panasonic head unit last night with the crutchfield wiring harness and i noticed a couple wires were not being utilized. Coming to the end of the wiring process the head unit would not work and i tried touching some of the wires together that were not being used and the head unit started to operate. Now i have everything soldered up and the speedo and tac do not illuminate..any ideas??

#302046 - 02/08/07 09:27 AM Re: installed hu and headlights dont work...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check your fuses.

#302047 - 02/08/07 10:46 AM Re: installed hu and headlights dont work...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea i checked all my fuses and they are fine. Are any of the wires going to the hu related to the lights on the gauges??

#302048 - 02/08/07 01:50 PM Re: installed hu and headlights dont work...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by atwalker6:
yea i checked all my fuses and they are fine. Are any of the wires going to the hu related to the lights on the gauges??
yes, the illumination wire. typically orange on an aftermarket radio.

" i tried touching some of the wires together that were not being used" does not sound like a good way to make things work. not 100% sure but some nissan head units ground thru the metal mounting bracket. so the radio has to be installed to work. you may have touched the orange wire to a ground or the frame and fried something. check your fuses again, but this time use a DMM set to ohms and make sure you have continuity.

if all else fails, consult your local stereo shop for further electronic installations.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal