2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302672 - 22/10/03 01:43 AM XM Problem...anyone heard of this?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
So I get in the truck and start up.

XM seemed to have reset itself (stuck on preview channel). Now it's randomly deciding which channels I can receive. On the phone with them three times. They are starting to hint they think it's a hardware problem. If that's the case, why is the preview channel coming through fine no matter what, just the regular channels are going flaky? And if it is indeed hardware problems, how am I going to know whether it's the head unit or the XM reciever without having to take either one out to be looked at?

Also - when I hit one of my presets, it gives the message "Updating" for about 5 seconds, and then reverts back to either the preview channel, or the next lowest channel that decides to work at that time. They still haven't given me any info as to what exactly is "updating."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#302673 - 22/10/03 04:05 AM Re: XM Problem...anyone heard of this?
ChrisNYC Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Yawk
Everything seems fine here.

If you a pioneer XM receiver, there is a reset button on the side of it.

#302674 - 22/10/03 01:01 PM Re: XM Problem...anyone heard of this?
Mobycat Offline

Tried that...no luck. All it did was result in me losing my preset channels.

ARGH! I do NOT want to have to take this thing out.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#302675 - 22/10/03 01:30 PM Re: XM Problem...anyone heard of this?
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
Mobycat, go to XMFAN.com, they have messages concerning that same problem and lots of other cool stuff.

#302676 - 22/10/03 04:52 PM Re: XM Problem...anyone heard of this?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mav63:
Mobycat, go to XMFAN.com, they have messages concerning that same problem and lots of other cool stuff.
D'OH! I even have that bookmarked. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal