2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#303899 - 01/07/05 10:39 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will do!

#303900 - 27/09/05 04:16 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 trucks for both mtbcyclist and 05_X!

I followed their instructions and my head unit install went flawlessly. My only additions to their procedure:
  • With my head unit (Alpine CDA-9847) and install kit (Schosche from Crutchfield) I was unable to utilize the side brackets that supported the OEM double DIN unit. I had to use the DIN mounting sleeve that came with the head unit.
  • I also fabricated a support strap from the back of my head unit to the back of the Schoshe bracket. It supports the head unit at the correct angle and makes everything a lot more sturdy feeling.
  • There is plenty of room behind/above and below the head unit. I took advantage of the space and wrapped my wiring harness adapter in foam to keep it from flopping around.

Thanks again for the help you guys...sometimes disassembling a dash is like watching a magic trick. Without your help I would still be struggling to get the top panel off and I would have probably scratched up the front of my dash.

regards,

#303901 - 27/09/05 08:43 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Odd, I installed the same head unit and had no problems with the kit from crutchfield.

#303902 - 03/10/05 07:00 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad I could help. I myself did research and found most of my info on the frontier forums cause when I did my system the 05s had only been on the market for about a month. That alpine head unit is sweeet for the money spent.

#303903 - 30/10/05 10:51 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey fella's.. just wanted to know if the stock 05 S-model has rca connectors on the back for wiring a sub? anybody confused

#303904 - 31/10/05 06:52 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mizzark:
hey fella's.. just wanted to know if the stock 05 S-model has rca connectors on the back for wiring a sub? anybody confused
Nope.

#303905 - 02/01/06 08:36 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by willyswan:
There is plenty of room behind/above and below the head unit. I took advantage of the space and wrapped my wiring harness adapter in foam to keep it from flopping around.
I'm about to do this to my 3-day-old '05 Xterra S. I'm installing the Alpine CDA-9847 and I want to add both XM radio AND the Alpine iPod adapter (KCA-420i).

My question is: is there enough room inside the dash to mount the XM direct box, the Terk XM Alpine digital adapter, and the KCA-420i back there? I'd like to have it all hidden in there instead of elsewhere in my new X.

Thanks!

Steven

#303906 - 04/01/06 08:09 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sjarvis:
Quote:
Originally posted by willyswan:
There is plenty of room behind/above and below the head unit. I took advantage of the space and wrapped my wiring harness adapter in foam to keep it from flopping around.
I'm about to do this to my 3-day-old '05 Xterra S. I'm installing the Alpine CDA-9847 and I want to add both XM radio AND the Alpine iPod adapter (KCA-420i).

My question is: is there enough room inside the dash to mount the XM direct box, the Terk XM Alpine digital adapter, and the KCA-420i back there? I'd like to have it all hidden in there instead of elsewhere in my new X.

Thanks!

Steven
there is a lot of room under the unit. as for mounting something there...i doubt there is something you can mount it too. theres no flat area you can mount it too. you might have to run the wires around and mount your equipment under the driver or passenger seat.

#303907 - 04/01/06 08:29 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you pull the shift knob off and pull up the panel with the tray in it from around the shifter, you could fit the 420 and the xmd100 under there. It's a nice flat spot, and neither of those components are really big. You could actually fit the xmdalp behind the radio and velcro it or wire tie it to the dash brace so it's not floating around in there. The case on it is plastic so it's really light. That way you don't have to worry about coming up short on the ai-net cable.

#303908 - 05/01/06 12:55 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is an update for anyone having a hard time connecting to the factory battery in the 05 Xterra. Follow this link: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-vi...ima-sirius.html

He has a pretty good way of installing a new power cable to power his system. I know it is a Titan but the wiring is almost the same.

Hopefully this helps you guys out.

#303909 - 11/01/06 07:41 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MassX:
If you pull the shift knob off and pull up the panel with the tray in it from around the shifter, you could fit the 420 and the xmd100 under there. It's a nice flat spot, and neither of those components are really big. You could actually fit the xmdalp behind the radio and velcro it or wire tie it to the dash brace so it's not floating around in there. The case on it is plastic so it's really light. That way you don't have to worry about coming up short on the ai-net cable.
Thanks for the advice! Looks like I'm going to get the 2006 Alpine CDA-9856 with the new iPod adapter that's built-in to the unit, so I'll just have to find a spot for the xmdalp and the XMD100.

I'll post pics and info once I get it all in there.

Thanks again,

Steven

#303910 - 10/02/06 12:23 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, I finally got my new head unit (Alpine CDA-9856) and other stuff (xmalp adapter, iPod connector cable, etc.) today, so I'll be doing this either tonight or tomorrow afternoon (maybe both!). I'll take picks and file a report once she's done.

Wish me luck!

Steven

#303911 - 10/02/06 12:49 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

dang... i guess i broke my center piece because i just pulled the entire center section out... i didn't have to unscrew the top tray... it came out with the rest in one big piece!?!?!?!!

#303912 - 10/02/06 01:35 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by what:
dang... i guess i broke my center piece because i just pulled the entire center section out... i didn't have to unscrew the top tray... it came out with the rest in one big piece!?!?!?!!
I think they may have changed that bit on some models as mine has a clip in the middle, not a screw/bolt combo.

#303913 - 23/02/06 05:01 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^bump^^ Seen lots of reqeusts for this thread.

#303914 - 27/06/06 07:46 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
My center console didnt have that center screw. I just pulled whole thing popped out

#303915 - 15/02/07 09:30 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anyone has this for an 02' can you start a new thread... Would be very appreciative.....

#303916 - 06/04/07 11:29 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking to throw in a Sat radio and a gps, does anyone know how much of the dash removal may have changed for an '07??

#303917 - 06/04/07 01:55 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hasn't changed at all.

#303918 - 28/05/07 08:55 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

My X just has the stock. I just purchased the Alpine CDA-9885, getting it installed this wednesday. Hoping this deck will greatly improve the sound, if not I'll be looking into switching out the speakers. Not looking to get a sub, just replace the six speakers. Anybody have suggestions as which speakers are the best?

#303919 - 01/06/07 11:45 AM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I tried both the tricks mentioned early in the thread to cancel the blinking air bag sensor light. Neither one worked. Any other little tricks before I take it to the dealer?

#303920 - 07/01/08 12:06 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to thank mtbcyclist and 05_X for the post and the pictures! I used to install stereos in my rides when I was younger, and generally did a pretty "ghetto" job at it.

Haven't done it in years, and thanks to your posts, it went off pretty much without a hitch. Hate to think of what might have happened if I just went in there and started pulling on things and unscrewing every screw in sight.

#490980 - 28/06/09 07:42 PM Re: Instructions for removing stock head unit, and door interior panels on an 05. [Re: Anonymous]
05_X Offline

Loc: Gloucester, MA
Bump

Seems the stickies got de-stickied in the recent hosing.
Can this be made a sticky again?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal