2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#304221 - 15/09/05 07:00 PM Re: XM vs Sirius
buck Offline

Loc: Shohola,PA. 18458
Whoever thinks the Stern deal will sink Sirius is wrong! I have a good friend who works for Sirius, and Sirius is way ahead of XM in quality programming, satellites, and overall value. XM costs more, offers less, and censors certain streams. No censors on Sirius, and the stock has only gone up in value. Think Howard Stern will sink Sirius? Over 120,000 new subscribers since he announced he was going to satellite over a year ago! My prediction: XM will be owned by Sirius in 3 years............

#304222 - 16/09/05 06:29 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sirius just recently announced a whole new lineup of new radios. Including the S50 that is as small as an Ipod and can record up to 50 hrs of Sirius content and store Mp3s. Also the new Starmate Replay is coming out in October. It is a nice small slick unit that will offer replay (44 min rewind/ff/pause buffer) and other cool features. I was going to get a radio this month but I think I will wait till October (when the new units ship) and add that to my birthday list (which also is in Oct). So seems like things are really looking up for them. Its an exciting time for Satalite radio.

#304223 - 16/09/05 06:50 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by buck:
Over 120,000 new subscribers since he announced he was going to satellite over a year ago!
That's way low. Sirius announced 300,000 additional subscribers just in the first quarter of 2005...He announced his arrival on 10/6/04, so add in the 200,000 some odd people added over the christmas season and we're looking at 500+ from that point till March of this year...I'd put my guess at around 800-900k have been added since that date...Cha-ching!!

#304224 - 16/09/05 07:52 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey HoosXT:

I carefully looked at all the Pioneer units, in fact that's where I started. In the end, it came down to the fact that Pioneer doesn't have a double-DIN unit that plays DVDs on its own. Furthermore, all reports state that the iPod interface (which got me on this sordid road) sucks like you wouldn't believe. DVD was somewhat important, but iPod is of utmost importance. Plus I didn't want a single-DIN flippy screen like the N2.

I've gotten a fairly cheap XM receiver (on eBay again) that has a line-out. XM has NHL and MLB, my main two sports. That pretty much swayed my decision towards XM. I know Sirius has NHL as well, but that's only the next two seasons. I (think I am going to be) very happy with the Xm receiver I've gotten.

#304225 - 16/09/05 08:00 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by buck:
Whoever thinks the Stern deal will sink Sirius is wrong! I have a good friend who works for Sirius, and Sirius is way ahead of XM in quality programming, satellites, and overall value.
that's a matter of opinion. sirius hasn't even come out w/ a truly portable unit yet (a la the MyFi).
Quote:

XM costs more,
wrong. they both cost $12.95/mo.
Quote:

offers less
both services have about the same number of channels. XM has a much better music selection. sirius may have the edge sports-wise, but that's about it.
Quote:

and censors certain streams. No censors on Sirius,
didn't sirius just censor the 20 channels they'll be streaming w/ the new sprint deal?
Quote:

and the stock has only gone up in value.
XM's stock is still worth 5x as much.
Quote:

Think Howard Stern will sink Sirius? Over 120,000 new subscribers since he announced he was going to satellite over a year ago! My prediction: XM will be owned by Sirius in 3 years............
after paying off stern and martha, sirius won't have enough money to buy an XM radio, much less the company.

#304226 - 16/09/05 08:02 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CDDiG:
Hey HoosXT:

I carefully looked at all the Pioneer units, in fact that's where I started. In the end, it came down to the fact that Pioneer doesn't have a double-DIN unit that plays DVDs on its own. Furthermore, all reports state that the iPod interface (which got me on this sordid road) sucks like you wouldn't believe. DVD was somewhat important, but iPod is of utmost importance. Plus I didn't want a single-DIN flippy screen like the N2.

I've gotten a fairly cheap XM receiver (on eBay again) that has a line-out. XM has NHL and MLB, my main two sports. That pretty much swayed my decision towards XM. I know Sirius has NHL as well, but that's only the next two seasons. I (think I am going to be) very happy with the Xm receiver I've gotten.
that makes sense. personally, i prefer the stand-alone XM units to the integrated ones. i used to have a pioneer tuner hooked up to my old pioneer HU, but once i got a roady (and now MyFi), i never looked back. portability is much nicer than integrated HU controls, IMO.

#304227 - 16/09/05 09:12 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heya HoosXT:

I was thinking the same; here's the unit I've ordered: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ronics&n=507846

Seems like it'll go mostly anywhere. I don't plan to listen to it like a walkman/iPod (that's why I have the iPod). Just regular, radio type places. I'm psyched.

#304228 - 16/09/05 10:11 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think you'll be happy with it. i use my MyFi a lot w/ my boombox when i'm at the beach, camping, etc. units w/ docks are definitely the way to go. just get a home and car dock for it, and you're set.

if you ever need accessories for your XM unit, i'd recommend www.myradiostore.com. i've gotten a lot of stuff from them. good prices and fast shipping.

#304229 - 16/09/05 10:19 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by HoosXT:
XM's stock is still worth 5x as much.
It only looks to be 5x as much because Sirius has many more shares outstanding than XM does.

When you do the real math, the company's are really worth about the same...XM still has an edge overall because they started out earlier..

#304230 - 16/09/05 10:50 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

XM stock is at 35.40. Sirius stock is at 7.07. regardless of who has more shares outstanding, if i'm holding 1000 shares of XM stock, that's a lot more money than 1000 shares of Sirius. right or wrong?

#304231 - 16/09/05 11:23 AM Re: XM vs Sirius
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
Yes, your XM would be worth more, but it also cost you more to buy them. I would rather have the return on the Sirius investment.
If you would have bought shares of XM and shares of SIRIUS in Sep 04, your XM shares would have climbed only 25%, but your Sirius shares would have climbed 150%.

#304232 - 16/09/05 02:17 PM Re: XM vs Sirius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mav63:
If you would have shares of SIRIUS in Sep 04, your XM shares would have climbed only 25%, but your Sirius shares would have climbed 150%.
Just around the time me and my dad bought ours...Boo-yaa!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal