Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#304479 - 30/01/05 03:50 PM Getting access to wiring harness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok I got my bling fog lights mounted and the wire ran for them into the cab but I can't seem to figure out how to get to the harness for the parking lights to hook them up. Tried a search but came up empty. How the heck do you get to the harness? Through the sterring colume? I took the screws out from the bottom but it doesn't come off and I tried finding the harness by the fuse box but didn't find anything I could use. Could somebody point me in the right direction.

#304480 - 31/01/05 02:15 PM Re: Getting access to wiring harness
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Why not just tap into the wire behind the parking light?

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#304481 - 01/02/05 11:33 AM Re: Getting access to wiring harness
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's what i did and it works like a champ.

i guess it would be neater to have one less wire running throught he firewall, but hey...it's easy to get to and keeps you from cutting into something (like your air bags) accidentally.

#304482 - 05/02/05 06:22 PM Re: Getting access to wiring harness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finished my install today. Got the lights up and running and everything looks cool. I wired into the parking lights for power I think it's much better to be able to turn the lights off instead of being able to turn them on and off without a switch because I might have my fogs on during the day and not know it then my battery runs down. It was really easy to wire into the switch the color of the wire is blu/red thats a blue wire with a red stripe. Hopefully this will help others who are trying to do the samething and this will show up in a search. I got a 7 day subscription to Mitchell Repair Information Company so if anybody needs a diagram of something you got 7 days from today to let me know and I'll try to get it for you.

#304483 - 06/02/05 09:59 PM Re: Getting access to wiring harness
Anonymous
Unregistered

With your post, advice from other people on this forum and just plain old experimentation, I was able to answer my own question about an aftermarket switch and which wire to splice the power from and only have the fogs turn on when the headlights are on.

Somewhere in the forum area are very good instructions on a 2003 fog light mod with the OEM switch. Following the same directions, but using a wire tap with the blue/red wire (4 pin connector) in the steering wheel harness with the aftermarket's wire switch for power will do the trick. No extra wire through the firewall.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal