Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309381 - 18/09/05 06:33 PM TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just sharing with you people what i did to my X.
...this pic shows were the dvd player is installed.

...this pic shows the tv's.

#309382 - 19/09/05 07:54 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you say BLING BLING wink

#309383 - 19/09/05 10:16 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, extremely bling-tastic.

#309384 - 19/09/05 10:40 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

yo son! dem shits is hot! yo is dem da 2.5 inch ones? damn son, they look like pagers stuck in yo headrest son!
word to the mother bird yo, i wanna get dem joints installed on my roof rack B!
yo yo, where did yo get dat shit don son, west coast customs, did you get to meat Xzibit yo?

#309385 - 19/09/05 10:48 AM Re: TV's in headrests
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Looks like a nice job on the headrests! I always wondered how they would work when of road but I see you have a 4x2.

If I had children riding in the back ... I'd love to have that setup. However, my kids need them for their kids now wink smile

It's your truck do what you want and like!

#309386 - 19/09/05 04:18 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are 5-inch monitors. i wanted to put 7-inch but they wouldn't fit. I do have a 3-year old son that sits in the back. i put two tv's because i move his car-seat around whenever i have to fold down one of the rear seats. The main reason i had them installed is beacuse i travel to Idaho a few times a year and i live in Las Vegas. It's hard to keep a three-year old entertained in a car for eight hours. Toys can only do so much. Also, if i was into "off-roading" i would have bought a 4x4... but i'm not. If you don't like it then keep your comments to yourself.

#309387 - 19/09/05 04:19 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Redsox1113:
yo son! dem shits is hot! yo is dem da 2.5 inch ones? damn son, they look like pagers stuck in yo headrest son!
yo yo, where did yo get dat shit don son, west coast customs, did you get to meat Xzibit yo?
LMAO! you're an idiot!

#309388 - 19/09/05 04:58 PM Re: TV's in headrests
bdjones72 Offline

Loc: Buckeye, AZ
Quote:
Why is it that whenever somebody adds something like this to their truck this sort of thing comes out? Seriously, it's a pretty racist comment to start using ebonics for anything non off-road related. Based on your preconception that only an African-american individual would do something like this to their vehicle should I assume that you are a friggin' red neck since that is the usual stereo type of an off roader? Get a sense of reality ass. He'll probably get more use out of that DVD/monitor set up than you do from your "4x4" mods you've done to your truck.

#309389 - 19/09/05 05:11 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow.. i think it looks great.. that's the cleanest install I've seen in awhile. nice job!

#309390 - 19/09/05 05:14 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nicely done, Rod!
I like the way you used that lower switch panel as a single din opening. I never thought of that!

Excellant use of that wasted space since the S models only have one switch in there.

So, where did you relocate the VDC switch to?

#309391 - 19/09/05 05:17 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed. Great job!

#309392 - 19/09/05 05:49 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
Nicely done, Rod!
I like the way you used that lower switch panel as a single din opening. I never thought of that!

Excellant use of that wasted space since the S models only have one switch in there.

So, where did you relocate the VDC switch to?
i did not get that option with my xterra. so it was just an empty slot so i put it to good use. that little red switch is used to turn on the FM modulator.

#309393 - 19/09/05 05:55 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bdjones72:
Quote:
[b]yo son! dem shits is hot! yo is dem da 2.5 inch ones? damn son, they look like pagers stuck in yo headrest son!
Why is it that whenever somebody adds something like this to their truck this sort of thing comes out? Seriously, it's a pretty racist comment to start using ebonics for anything non off-road related. Based on your preconception that only an African-american individual would do something like this to their vehicle should I assume that you are a friggin' red neck since that is the usual stereo type of an off roader? Get a sense of reality ass. He'll probably get more use out of that DVD/monitor set up than you do from your "4x4" mods you've done to your truck.[/b]
i wanted to say the same thing. thanks dude!

#309394 - 19/09/05 06:32 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, nice job on the install, I tried to PM you but didn't hear back, where did you get that done? I'm in Vegas too, and if it's not too nosy, what was the price range? THANKS!

#309395 - 19/09/05 06:56 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by D ROCK:
Hey, nice job on the install, I tried to PM you but didn't hear back, where did you get that done? I'm in Vegas too, and if it's not too nosy, what was the price range? THANKS!
i sent you a reply.

#309396 - 19/09/05 07:43 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks great. Redsox, you truly ARE an idiot.

#309397 - 20/09/05 05:39 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Rod, don't let some of the comments get to you at all. I love my car electronics too.

I'm actually going to be installing monitors in the headrests of my X, but I'm waiting to decide if I'm going to reupholster my seats in Katzkin leather or not.

Nice install and thanks for sharing.

#309398 - 20/09/05 08:05 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice Job! Do you have a TV tuner in that thing? If so how is your reception and what are you using. I have a TV tuner in mine and to this day in-car reception is really crappy with the four inside window antennas i have hooked up to the tuner unit. Just wondering if anyone else has better luck with some antenna out there that does a nice job.

#309399 - 20/09/05 08:30 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

yo yo son, its called a JOKE!!! get over it and yourselves. why does everyhting have to be so serious? ebonics? racial? wow! thats crazy, lighten up guys.

the tvs are cool, noone said they werent.

gotta be out son, don't wanna be late for the Klan rally up here in MASSACHUSETTS!

#309400 - 20/09/05 08:55 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
yo yo son, its called a JOKE!!! get over it and yourselves. why does everyhting have to be so serious? ebonics? racial? wow! thats crazy, lighten up guys.

the tvs are cool, noone said they werent.

gotta be out son, don't wanna be late for the Klan rally up here in MASSACHUSETTS!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

now that's funny...
[LOL]

#309401 - 20/09/05 05:58 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks very nice [ThumbsUp]
I think some people need to remeber that XOC stands for Xterra OWNERS club not Xterra OFFROAD club. laugh We're all in this together.

#309402 - 20/09/05 06:29 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MediStorm:
Looks very nice [ThumbsUp]
I think some people need to remeber that XOC stands for Xterra OWNERS club not Xterra OFFROAD club. laugh We're all in this together.
nicely said [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#309403 - 20/09/05 07:13 PM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya, you Westfield hicks are a crazy ole bunch wink ... You wouldnt happen to know a Derek W. up there, would ya?

#309404 - 21/09/05 05:04 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bdjones72:
Why is it that whenever somebody adds something like this to their truck this sort of thing comes out? Seriously, it's a pretty racist comment to start using ebonics for anything non off-road related. Based on your preconception that only an African-american individual would do something like this to their vehicle should I assume that you are a friggin' red neck since that is the usual stereo type of an off roader? Get a sense of reality ass. He'll probably get more use out of that DVD/monitor set up than you do from your "4x4" mods you've done to your truck.
Seeing as how you live in Pittsburgh, you must be a redneck then! I kid! I kid! I grew up in western PA myself so I like to crack jokes about it. smile

#309405 - 21/09/05 06:11 AM Re: TV's in headrests
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea Derek, I know him, he's the Grand Dragon of our local chapter! We are a bit crazy here, but i still wasn't being serious yet people still wanna preach yo. anyways, god made tv's, ebonics, klansmen, and X's so lets stop being so sensitive and try to have a little fun.

one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal