Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309806 - 12/05/03 07:08 PM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
How about Bacardi 151?
that crap will clean anything.

#309807 - 13/05/03 01:44 AM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Thanks guys. My PS2 has been screwing up lately too. No SOCOM online for quite a few weeks now.. mad

#309808 - 14/05/03 06:14 AM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
storm2175 Offline

Loc: Sanford N.C.
alchohol will not damage the plastic if it is a plastic eye, it is most likely made out of PP and it takes alot to damage that stuff.

#309809 - 15/05/03 08:44 AM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Here's a question...

It seems most people have problems playing back blue and black games.

Anyone ever heard of a console playing those fine, but not the clear ones?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#309810 - 15/05/03 07:17 PM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
i heard dvd's actually hurt the earlier units and that there is an upgrade piece you need that was an aftermarket production about a year after ps2 release. i've had the same prob with mine, only thing i've done is taken my shop vac and put it in blower mode, turn power on ps2 open disk door then pull ac plug so door stays open, now use the blower to blow all the dust out the back of the unit, have done this twice this year.

#309811 - 15/05/03 09:08 PM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
DVD is the native format for PS2 games, so I doubt they hurt them.

#309812 - 15/05/03 11:37 PM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by ddubbs77:
I had the same problem with my PS2. To fix the problem follow these steps.

1. Open PS2 from the bottom. You will need a small phillips screwdiver (eyeglass one).

2. Be carefull when pulling the top off, there is a wire thingymajigger connecting the top to the on/off switch. Don't twist it or pull on it.

3. Now take off the cover to the actual drive of the PS2.

4. I believe you should now be able to see the eye that reads the disk. If not take the remaining stuff out of the way.

5. Once the eye is available, take a Q-Tip and dip it in some alcohol (not beer) and clean off the eye.

6. Now put your PS2 back together (carefull not to mess that wire up).

7. Plug it in and try it.

I did this to mine about 6 months ago and haven't had another problem yet.

Good luck and be carefull.
Dubbs, you fuckin' rule!

My PS2 is working like a charm now! Games, movies, CD's, they all run clean.

Thanks a ton man! smile cool

#309813 - 21/05/03 02:56 PM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
ddubbs77 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Glad to here it worked. [Smoking]

#309814 - 22/05/03 06:50 AM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Didn't work for me though. Even the thing Auto Diagnose that tech support suggested didn't work. I also took a can of air to it...nothing. Not sure what to do at this point.

#309815 - 26/05/03 09:17 AM Re: Playstation 2 won't recognize certan games anymore...
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
This may sound crazy, especially coming from someone without a PS2... however, I have heard from MANY people at work with PS2s. They have reported similiar problems and state simply inverting the PS2, to the upright position has solved some game play issues (specifically certain backed games.)

Just my $0.02.

-Jeremy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal