2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309950 - 01/07/05 11:16 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice install jason_chen. That's very similar to my install, but a little cleaner. How did you run the XM Commander wires?

#309951 - 02/07/05 03:47 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could someone throw in a link of where you could purchase the PAC AII-NIS adapter please?

I googled and all I got was this thread. Heh.

Danke

#309952 - 02/07/05 07:41 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

#309953 - 02/07/05 08:19 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you very much!

#309954 - 03/07/05 10:56 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

gerver, I had Best Buy do the original install on the XM Commander a few months ago. As for connecting the Commander to the AAI-NIS, I just used a set of RCA cables, connected the two and shoved everything back into the dash. The sound quality is a huge improvement from the FM modulator. I think the bass has the greatest improvement.

I just got the Monster iCarCharger for my ipod and I'm using the powerpoint that is in the center console/armrest. The adapter has a low enough profile where it can be plugged in and the armrest can be closed at the same time. I fed the cable right next to the latch where the armrest clicks shut. There is plenty of room for the cable and it shuts completely.

#309955 - 03/07/05 09:16 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, the bass response is the most obvious improvement with the direct connection.

I did almost the exact same thing with my ipod setup. I have the 40GB version, and the belkin car charger uses the dock port as opposed to the miniplug jack on the ipod. I've noticed that the output is much cleaner from the dock port than from the miniplug.

Today I installed a cigarette lighter outlet behind the dash, so I don't have to occupy one of the power outlets in the dash. Very easy install with Radio Shack's outlet. Just tapped into the wire running from the harness to the AAI-NIS and ran ground to the bracket holding the HU. Nice and clean, too.

Did BestBuy do a decent job with your Commander install? I had them install my FM modulator (which is now history), and they did a half-assed job. Scratched the dash and did a cowboy electrician splice into the power cable. Seems like I paid them $40 only to have to undo everything they did. Just curious what your experience was.

#309956 - 04/07/05 07:33 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Monster ICarCharger also has a miniplug in the dock port but it does not have an amplifier as does the Belkin adapter. The sound quality is much better from the miniplug at the top of the ipod as compared to the miniplug on the dock port of the Monster adapter.

As for Best Buy's install, I didn't even look to see how they wired the Commander. I'm assuming everything is velvet though. The installer did however, leave a few scratches on the left side of the 4WD knob. Nothing a little Armor All couldn't take care of.

On an aside, I've actually taken out my visor CD holder as well as all of my CDs from my truck. Between my ipod and XM radio, I'll never run out of good tunes.

#309957 - 04/07/05 08:25 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto on the CD removal. No point in wasting space keeping CDs around.

#309958 - 18/07/05 12:41 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will the PAC AAI-NIS unit work on an 05 Xterra that does not have the Rockford Fosgate system or sat radio. All I want it to do is make my Ipod work thru the head unit without having to use an FM transmitter and provide a charge to the Ipod.

#309959 - 18/07/05 12:57 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pretty sure the unit won't work with a non RF unit since it plugs directly into the satellite output. I can't speak much about alternatives other than an FM modulator but check out Crutchfield.com for alternatives.

#309960 - 18/07/05 01:11 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I called Crutchfield and they said they do not carry anything that will work for the X with the base stereo system.
Guess I'm back to square 1.
I read somewhere that Denison had something, anyone have any experience using their products?

#309961 - 18/07/05 01:21 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Claus Offline

A HUGE thanks to Gerver, I ordered the part and was just notified that it was in. One thing I have been toying with is building in a dock station that I can just drop the IPOD into. Can anyone steer me in the right directionof what parts to get, if it is possible at all?.

#309962 - 09/09/05 10:38 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just added the Pac Aai-nis Auxillary input tonight and am really glad that I did. I am now able to plug in my Ipod and XM directly and enjoy great sound from both. Had a hell-of-a time getting into the dash even with instructions from the site, but once i got it apart, it went smoothly. Made a sweet ride even sweeter. I ordered the part from www.beachaudio.com and that is mainly why I am posting. Never heard of them before, but took a chance and got great service. Ordered the part on 9/6/05 and recieved it on 9/9/05 with the standard shipping. Paid 75.99 for the part and 8 bucks for shipping. A little pricy, but way better than FM modulator.

#309963 - 10/09/05 09:36 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

The MyFi sounded much better using the tuner rather than the PAC. Maybe the Myfi's output just sucks for this application?

#309964 - 16/09/05 09:21 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all, I'm a new owner of a 2005 Xterra. Using the info from this post, I ordered the PAC AAI-NIS adapter. I'm going to use it to listen to my Sirius Starbase and iPod. I have two questions regarding 12v power sources.

Does the PAC unit require its own 12v power source? Is there switched 12v and constant 12v power easily accessible, like from the two dash cigarette lighters?

Thanks.

#309965 - 17/09/05 05:45 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey does anyone know how maverick made out with his 04 Rf unit? Did the pac work with it? Or is this only 05 and up?

#309966 - 17/09/05 06:41 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LI Xterra:
Hello all, I'm a new owner of a 2005 Xterra. Using the info from this post, I ordered the PAC AAI-NIS adapter. I'm going to use it to listen to my Sirius Starbase and iPod. I have two questions regarding 12v power sources.

Does the PAC unit require its own 12v power source? Is there switched 12v and constant 12v power easily accessible, like from the two dash cigarette lighters?

Thanks.
I found the answer to my question. One of the two cigarette lighters in the dash is switched, the other is constant. Power problem solved.

smile

#309967 - 19/09/05 08:19 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've just bought an Xterra 2003. It's pretty sweet and am really looking forward to some long road trips. I've got an ipod and have been trying to follow along with the install of the Pac II unit thing. I got everything out and had no where to plug in the fm plug. Am I doing something wrong?

#309968 - 20/09/05 06:45 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Spilt_Milk:
The MyFi sounded much better using the tuner rather than the PAC. Maybe the Myfi's output just sucks for this application?
are you using the car cradle or the headphone out jack? i have my MyFi in the cradle running into the PAC, and it sounds great. i was using the delphia FM direct, and there was lots of static and hissing. none of that w/ the PAC.

#309969 - 20/09/05 07:11 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm would like to use the head phone jack. I figure with the sound system that the Xterra comes with, it would somewhat of a waste to simply use the fm modulator. The back of the rockford fosgate 6 disk changer has no aux input or open slots (inputs). I got the t conector hooked up (which I assume is for the power), but the main connector from the PAC unit has no where to go. Of course I could just be stupid.

#309970 - 20/09/05 07:34 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

The PAC unit uses the Sat Radio input on the '05+ Rockford Fosgate units, the '00-'04 RF units did not have Sat Radio as an option from the factory. This is why there is no where to plug the PAC unit into...not having looked @ the back side of a first gen RF unit, I can't say what other options you might have for an aux input, but all I've heard about so far is the in-line FM modulator mentioned already in this thread.

#309971 - 20/09/05 09:02 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info ChefTyler. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a different head unit I could buy that still makes the stereo look clean as well as still be able to use the steering wheel controls. Probably alot to ask.

#309972 - 20/09/05 09:14 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a couple people here that have used an aftermarket HU with the stereo controls.
But, the stereo must have an IR remote and you need to buy a kit that runs from the steering wheel controls to an IR transmitter that you have to mount in a location that is within reach of the IR receiver on the HU...I don't know exactly what it's called or how much, but there are a couple threads in this forum that detail it.

As for the HU itself, I suggest this unit that I put in my wife's car. It's a double Din so you won't need a fitment kit for it, and it's ready for either XM or Sirius, plays MP3s, AAC, and WMAs...

#309973 - 20/09/05 09:31 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
I posted this in another thread regarding hacking the stock CD changer input for an Aux input.. This is for 2000-04 with the 14 pin cd changer, not the 8 pin round Din.. Those can be bought from this site too I believe, otherwise you can solder your own connector.
Aux-Niss 2000-04 Aux input

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#309974 - 20/09/05 10:09 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Here's another quick link towards the install of one of the Pac-audio units in a maxima. Same stuff.
maxima boards

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal