2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310029 - 20/06/03 09:36 PM Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
WARNING-LONG AND BORING [Sleep]
Ok, 2003, SE, SC 4x4(not that it matters)
Had it about 40 days and had 6 CD's in the changer..the other day I hit the CD button to activate it and it started clicking and clacking then "ERR3" shows up on the readout. Being the genious I am I figured the ERR part meant error. Well, I couldnt get any CD's to play nor could I get them to eject.

Did a google on ERR3 and the only thing I could find was a Lexus group like this one where guys were complaining that if it happened, the dealer will replace it cause it's shot. I took it a step further and emailed Rockford/Fostgate tech support and this is what they have said.
Here is the back and forth:

------------------------------------------------
Hi
I received an "err3" code on my RF cd player today and now it wont play cd's or
eject them. Any help?
Mike
-------------------------------------------------
Response (Jeff) - 06/19/2003 09:03 AM
What I would recommend trying first would be using the reset button on the head
unit. It is behind the faceplate on the lower left have side. That will
completely reset the unit, and should fix the problem. You can also try a
cleaning CD to see if that will help with the problem.
Thank you
--------------------------------------------------
Ok, guess Im not as smart as I thought I was! I cant seem to remove the faceplate to hit the reset button. Its installed on a 2003 Nissan Xterra. I cant use a cleaning CD because its a 6 changer and I already have 6 in that I cant get out.
Thanks
Mike
-------------------------------------------------
Response (Jeff) - 06/20/2003 08:48 AM
Mike,
If it is a Rockford CD changer than the reset button will be under the sliding
door for the CD magazine to be put in. That can be pressed with a ball point
pen, and that will reset it.
Thank you
-----------------------------------------------
END OF BACK AND FORTH
Obviously it DOESNT have a reset pin/button or whatever....though I am impressed they emailed....
Other then taking it to the dealer, any suggestions?
Boy, I forgot how boring radio was..... frown
BluRdgX

#310030 - 22/06/03 01:06 AM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
MaloCS Offline

Same thing happened to me. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it in and have it replaced under warranty.

I was told by the dealer that the 6 disc changers were prone to problems and broke often.

#310031 - 22/06/03 06:56 AM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
LittleYellowShortBus Offline

Loc: st. louis, Mo
well what you did not tell rf is that you have a nissan xterra with the oem rf system. there answers are correct for an aftermarket cd player and changer. sometime more info is a good thing.

#310032 - 22/06/03 02:23 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
BluRdgX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleYellowShortBus:
well what you did not tell rf is that you have a nissan xterra with the oem rf system. there answers are correct for an aftermarket cd player and changer. sometime more info is a good thing.
Hhmmm....could have sworn that the above says "Its installed on a 2003 Nissan Xterra"....guess sometimes "reading is a good thing huh Yellow short bus......hence your name I spose! laugh
Doesnt matter now anyway....NOTHING works, not even the radio.....*knock knock* O Mr Dealer, ya gotsta give me new one.....
BluRdgX

#310033 - 22/06/03 04:53 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRdgX:Hhmmm....could have sworn that the above says "Its installed on a 2003 Nissan Xterra"....guess sometimes "reading is a good thing huh Yellow short bus......hence your name I spose! laugh [/QB]
In my reading you said it is "INSTALLED" not "it is a stock radio." Your wording LEAD the tech to BELIEVE its an aftermarket unit. Then your reply you state that you cant get the faceplate off, and that the problem is in the 6 disc chager, to which the tech suggests a solution to fixing a problem in a rockford changer since he is assuming you have a Rockford CHANGER HENCE him saying to slide the door on A CHANGER.

Maybe YOU should get on the bus :p
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#310034 - 22/06/03 05:10 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
LittleYellowShortBus Offline

Loc: st. louis, Mo
Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRdgX:Hhmmm....could have sworn that the above says "Its installed on a 2003 Nissan Xterra"....guess sometimes "reading is a good thing huh Yellow short bus......hence your name I spose! laugh
In my reading you said it is "INSTALLED" not "it is a stock radio." Your wording LEAD the tech to BELIEVE its an aftermarket unit. Then your reply you state that you cant get the faceplate off, and that the problem is in the 6 disc chager, to which the tech suggests a solution to fixing a problem in a rockford changer since he is assuming you have a Rockford CHANGER HENCE him saying to slide the door on A CHANGER.

Maybe YOU should get on the bus :p [/QB]
Thanks DANO,
and there are plenty of seats still open on the bus BluRdgX [Too much XOC]

#310035 - 23/06/03 01:08 AM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
BluRdgX Offline

Yellow Short Bus.....ok, ok, my bad.....maybe I wasnt CLEAR.....but if the whole world KNEW what I meant when I talked, my world would be better! smile
Either way, aint heard of no fix, cept the dealer of course....aahh.....all day watching Maury Povich in the waiting room drinking 6 hour old coffee..cant beat it!
BRX

#310036 - 23/06/03 03:34 AM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I saw the "Rockford Phosgate" stereo system in a 2003 Xterra at the Nissan Xterra Challenge in Richmond, VA (was a pretty good meet - 14 trucks showed, too bad more couldn't make it) and the head unit looked exactly like the Clarion 6 disk changer that is in my '02 SE SC - so that's probably why the Rockford tech wasn't able to help you?

#310037 - 23/06/03 02:29 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
I saw the "Rockford Phosgate" stereo system in a 2003 Xterra at the Nissan Xterra Challenge in Richmond, VA (was a pretty good meet - 14 trucks showed, too bad more couldn't make it) and the head unit looked exactly like the Clarion 6 disk changer that is in my '02 SE SC - so that's probably why the Rockford tech wasn't able to help you?
There was another thread on this at some point and if memory serves, the amplifier is the only part of the Xterra's audio system that's actually a Rockford Fosgate product.

#310038 - 23/06/03 05:27 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
the amplifier is the only part of the Xterra's audio system that's actually a Rockford Fosgate product.
The sub also said Rockford Fosgate on it too (you could read it through the grill).

BTW, after seeing the '03 sub enclosure up close and personal, I don't think I want to give up the space for the "luxury" of a subwoofer - the '02 SE sound system, to me, is fine - I would rather have the room in the back (it's easier to find mats for the back too! smile )

#310039 - 24/06/03 06:11 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I put in a Topic very similar to yours not too long ago. Same thing, 2003 SC, 6 CD changer.
But mine didn't had the courtesy to tell me it was fu**ing up. The CD part of it just stopped working. Wont eject the last 2 CDs in it or take any new ones.
Called the dealer and told me to go in. Only problem is that I live 800 miles from nearest dealer.
So if anyone has any solution, PLZ reply !!

That CD changer was nice...

The Dob

#310040 - 25/06/03 04:16 PM Re: Rockford/Fosgate CD Player-ERR3
BluRdgX Offline

Problem solved? We will see, stopped by the dealer(30 miles away). They said they will order another and will call me when its in to replace the dead one....then UPS the CD's to me.....actually impressed at the hassle freeness of it......freeness? I guess its a word, who cares Ill get a new stereo.....
BluRdgX

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal