Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#312205 - 15/05/06 05:24 PM RF mp3 issue(s)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know why/how anyone would have noticed this, except in the situation that we recently found ourselves. I have the Rockford Fosgate upgraded stereo. We took a long (15 hr) road trip to visit family and brought along some mp3 CDs of audio books to bide the time. The mp3 version of Angels & Demons was split into 3 files, each of which is around 4 hours long (or somewhere around that)

So - the issue that I came across: Once you pass 99:59 on an mp3 file, the counter starts back at 00:00. This means, since there is no "pause" button, that when you pass 100 minutes and switch to a different input, or turn off the radio, the stereo starts you back at a point counting from 00 not your 100+ time.

Has anyone else found any "problems" with the stereo that they'd like to share? I know, personally, the navigation through directories leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it functions (sort of)

#312206 - 16/05/06 08:54 AM Re: RF mp3 issue(s)
Anonymous
Unregistered

or you could just split the files at 1hour each. This is more of a rare user error then a design flaw. How many people do you think listen to tracks more then 1:39??

#312207 - 23/05/06 09:26 PM Re: RF mp3 issue(s)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Considering the length of a given file could be whatever you'd like, I'd have to lean towards design flaw. If they had worked a bit harder on mp3 integration, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. As you said, I have since split the files and haven't had to deal with the problem.

#312208 - 23/05/06 10:35 PM Re: RF mp3 issue(s)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I have a few books on MP3, and it's practically a must to chop it up into smaller pieces no matter where you listen to it. Because say you do switch discs out, or hit the wrong button, do you want to hold down the fast forward button to go 2 or 3 hours into a song?

Yes, it could be considered a flaw, but your usage is definitely an exception not a general rule.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal