2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#312402 - 29/02/04 07:06 PM XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well....here goes nothing. First off, I have an '04 Xterra 4x4 SE, with pretty much every option except the Fosgate system. Towing, power, and all that nonsense. I've had the truck for a few months now...up until this point all I've had done was the seat covers and rubber floor mats.

The Xbox I put into the Xterra was modified just for this. I put in a Xenium chip, 120gb HD, power switch on the controller, and what not. I flashed the bios, uploaded a new GUI. On there, I have a Media Player(so i can play dvds, divx movies, music vids), bunch of emulators (so i can play other systems on the Xbox), and a bunch of Xbox games that can be played off the hard drive.

On the hard drive, I have Office Space, Van Wilder, Christmas Vacation, Meet The Parents, Snatch, Requiem for a Dream, Road Trip, American Beauty, Tommy Boy, American History X, SLC Punk, There's Something About Mary, Fight Club, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Godfathers, Eyes Wide Shut, Kids, Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Blow, Boogie Nights, Scarface, Boondock Saints, Clockwork Orange, Old School, American Wedding (all DIVX movies) as well as some episodes of the Cheppelle Show, every Jackass ever aired, CKY, bunch of racing vids, about 100 music videos, every picture I've ever taken on my digi cam (about 10,000), and every mp3 on my hard drive (about 3,000).

On top of that, I have an NES emulator with every game ever made for it, a SNES emulator with about 300 games, N64 emulator with about 50 games, Gameboy Advanced with a bunch o games, and a bunch of Xbox games all on the hard drive, a click away.

Since I tow friends\' cars to and from car shows, I thought it'd be cool to put this into the Xterra. So, I got a few screens (two for the head rest, and one that folds out of the dash), and viola.

Before you say anything about the headrests screens, I know, it's not 100% pro, but I don't have an Escalade, I have an Xterra. They're installed that way for functionality....if I ever haul something in the back I want the screens to be ok, so I can just pop em out.

The power inverter I used was a 400w one....needed something beefy to power the Xbox.

And alas, the install pics . Tell me what ya think!

#312403 - 29/02/04 07:22 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Basically, what I did was turn the Xbox into a computer....and installed it into my Xterra.

I know right now I only have headrest LCDs in...but it's all I had time for this afternoon. Within the next few days, I'll have my head unit (playing sound off the Xbox) and fold-out LCD in as well.

#312404 - 29/02/04 08:53 PM Re: XboXterra
CDLXterra Offline

Loc: Oregon
How did you do that to the xbox, my guess is it is probably something very complicated i wont understand, but it still is pretty sweet.

#312405 - 29/02/04 09:55 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Totally Awsome man. I'm impressed.

#312406 - 29/02/04 10:28 PM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by dolemite:
Basically, what I did was turn the Xbox into a computer....and installed it into my Xterra.
With a whole bunch of pirated games on it.
I'm so proud of you. [Freak]

#312407 - 29/02/04 11:05 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey eek , I own every game that's on there! smile I used to be HUGE into video games when I was like 6. That means it's 100% legal.

Anyways...the xbox. I had to get a mod chip for it, particularly the Xenium. Soldering that in was a BIOTCH. Then, flashed the bios, uploaded a new GUI to the 120GB hard drive I put in, then I was able to FTP to it from my computer and upload everything.

And thanks for the compliments.

#312408 - 29/02/04 11:45 PM Re: XboXterra
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
phew, you LOVE your video games.

i had no idea the xbox could store things like that. too bad they didn't have any games i liked back when i was shopping for the next-gen consoles.

#312409 - 01/03/04 01:40 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
i had no idea the xbox could store things like that.
When you add a mod chip, you're basically turning it into a computer. You can run pretty much what you want on it then.

#312410 - 01/03/04 01:52 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Hey eek , I own every game that's on there! smile
You own every NES game ever released ? 300 SNES games ? Sorry for doubting you, but I find it hard to believe a 19 year old owns $30,000 worth of games, music and movies.

#312411 - 01/03/04 02:10 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Before anyone goes off on a tangent and calls me a software-nazi, let me explain my stance.
I've developed games since 1992, and I have had to deal with piracy and cracks for my products. I have had to watch as people steal my games, and take money out of my pocket.

People who do not rely on royalties or sales of software to support them have no conception of what it's like to be in this business. I posted a poll a week ago about Photoshop, and almost half the people who replied that they used Photoshop had a pirated copy. That's a lot of people stealing a $700 piece of software simply because they could. Would you walk into CompUSA and steal one off the shelf ?

Anti-piracy tactics and digital rights management (DRM) are only going to get tougher to beat in the coming years, and that causes an inconvenience to people who really do pay for their digital goods.

Emulators, back-ups, mod chips, etc. are all illegal. They exist mainly to allow people to bypass DRM and copy or use things they don't own. It is very rare that anyone gets in trouble for "casual piracy" though because it is so widespread, but at least think about it before doing it. No matter what you think, you are helping to put a person out of work, or put a company out of business, or move jobs out of the USA.

#312412 - 01/03/04 04:53 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks sweet man

#312413 - 01/03/04 06:31 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's a great setup anyway.

#312414 - 01/03/04 07:21 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Before anyone goes off on a tangent and calls me a software-nazi, let me explain my stance.
I've developed games since 1992, and I have had to deal with piracy and cracks for my products. I have had to watch as people steal my games, and take money out of my pocket.

People who do not rely on royalties or sales of software to support them have no conception of what it's like to be in this business. I posted a poll a week ago about Photoshop, and almost half the people who replied that they used Photoshop had a pirated copy. That's a lot of people stealing a $700 piece of software simply because they could. Would you walk into CompUSA and steal one off the shelf ?

Anti-piracy tactics and digital rights management (DRM) are only going to get tougher to beat in the coming years, and that causes an inconvenience to people who really do pay for their digital goods.

Emulators, back-ups, mod chips, etc. are all illegal. They exist mainly to allow people to bypass DRM and copy or use things they don't own. It is very rare that anyone gets in trouble for "casual piracy" though because it is so widespread, but at least think about it before doing it. No matter what you think, you are helping to put a person out of work, or put a company out of business, or move jobs out of the USA.
Exactly.

Yeah, I own every NES game (about 1500, keep em all at my parents house in a box) and some Japanese versions too. Ebay is your friend when it comes to this....over the last 5 years I've been able to find guys selling like 50 games at a time for like $100...makes it real easy. It's sort of an investment.

All the movies on there are movies I own on DVD that I extracted to DivX.

The shows were all Tivo'd ...which I don't think is illegal as long as I don't sell them.

Mod chips, emulators, and backups are NOT illegal. It's what some people do with them that is illegal. I am against software piracy as well....hence why I made sure this was 100% legal.

With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.

[/tangent]

#312415 - 01/03/04 08:34 AM Re: XboXterra
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Nice install. Looks sweet.
Did you install Linux on your Modded X-Box like most people do?
Also, are you using a UBS keyboard, mouse or just the plain controllers for everything not game related?
L8r

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#312416 - 01/03/04 09:19 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.
Sounds good.
My apologies.

#312417 - 01/03/04 10:35 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:
Nice install. Looks sweet.
Did you install Linux on your Modded X-Box like most people do?
Also, are you using a UBS keyboard, mouse or just the plain controllers for everything not game related?
L8r
Nah, I have no use for Linux. For day to day use, it's pointless IMO, but great for servers. And I have a few pretty nice computers, don't need another one in the shape of an Xbox, so no keyboard or mouse. I can do everything I need from the controller.

Unless, of course, you're talking about linux (not the OS, rather the GUI), in which yes, I happen to be running Evox.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.
Sounds good.
My apologies.[/b]
No problem wink

#312418 - 01/03/04 04:19 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I hate to be the one to break it you but that is not a 2004 SE ! That’s a 2003 XE I hope you did not pay the 04 SE price!

This is a silver 2004 SE

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#312419 - 01/03/04 08:35 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I paid $21,000 for it...that's odd. I wonder why they told me it was a 2004.

Bah, oh well.

It has the power, towing, digital compass, 4x4, rear limited slip, and a few other things.

2nd look at the sticker, yer right it's a 2003! Bah!

#312420 - 01/03/04 08:47 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
2nd look at the sticker, yer right it's a 2003! Bah!
XE or SE

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#312421 - 02/03/04 08:11 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It says 2003 SE

#312422 - 02/03/04 09:12 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that is an SE they switched rims on you. Hope it was not new. eek

#312423 - 02/03/04 09:14 AM Re: XboXterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by thinksaturn:
If that is an SE they switched rims on you. Hope it was not new. eek
switched rims and roof rack... hey dolemite, you gotta sunroof?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#312424 - 02/03/04 10:01 AM Re: XboXterra
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Wow, you actually got an xbox to fit in your Xterra? I figured you'd have pictures of you pulling it on a trailer.

[LOL]

XBOX IS HUUUUGE

That's cool as hell, though.

#312425 - 02/03/04 10:08 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It doesn't have the sunroof.....I know it has the rear LSD, 4x4, towing, power, digital compass, everything I needed.

Honestly, I could care less. I got a brand new SUV for $21,000....with everything I wanted in it.

And lawl@the xbox comment...yeah they are big. Originally I tried fitting it under the passenger seat....NOPE...even after removing the seat and trying to bolt it down over the Xbox, no way would it fit.

#312426 - 02/03/04 10:37 AM Re: XboXterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
It doesn't have the sunroof.....
It's an XE... no biggie... just an FYI...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal