2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#312402 - 29/02/04 07:06 PM XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well....here goes nothing. First off, I have an '04 Xterra 4x4 SE, with pretty much every option except the Fosgate system. Towing, power, and all that nonsense. I've had the truck for a few months now...up until this point all I've had done was the seat covers and rubber floor mats.

The Xbox I put into the Xterra was modified just for this. I put in a Xenium chip, 120gb HD, power switch on the controller, and what not. I flashed the bios, uploaded a new GUI. On there, I have a Media Player(so i can play dvds, divx movies, music vids), bunch of emulators (so i can play other systems on the Xbox), and a bunch of Xbox games that can be played off the hard drive.

On the hard drive, I have Office Space, Van Wilder, Christmas Vacation, Meet The Parents, Snatch, Requiem for a Dream, Road Trip, American Beauty, Tommy Boy, American History X, SLC Punk, There's Something About Mary, Fight Club, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Godfathers, Eyes Wide Shut, Kids, Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Blow, Boogie Nights, Scarface, Boondock Saints, Clockwork Orange, Old School, American Wedding (all DIVX movies) as well as some episodes of the Cheppelle Show, every Jackass ever aired, CKY, bunch of racing vids, about 100 music videos, every picture I've ever taken on my digi cam (about 10,000), and every mp3 on my hard drive (about 3,000).

On top of that, I have an NES emulator with every game ever made for it, a SNES emulator with about 300 games, N64 emulator with about 50 games, Gameboy Advanced with a bunch o games, and a bunch of Xbox games all on the hard drive, a click away.

Since I tow friends\' cars to and from car shows, I thought it'd be cool to put this into the Xterra. So, I got a few screens (two for the head rest, and one that folds out of the dash), and viola.

Before you say anything about the headrests screens, I know, it's not 100% pro, but I don't have an Escalade, I have an Xterra. They're installed that way for functionality....if I ever haul something in the back I want the screens to be ok, so I can just pop em out.

The power inverter I used was a 400w one....needed something beefy to power the Xbox.

And alas, the install pics . Tell me what ya think!

#312403 - 29/02/04 07:22 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Basically, what I did was turn the Xbox into a computer....and installed it into my Xterra.

I know right now I only have headrest LCDs in...but it's all I had time for this afternoon. Within the next few days, I'll have my head unit (playing sound off the Xbox) and fold-out LCD in as well.

#312404 - 29/02/04 08:53 PM Re: XboXterra
CDLXterra Offline

Loc: Oregon
How did you do that to the xbox, my guess is it is probably something very complicated i wont understand, but it still is pretty sweet.

#312405 - 29/02/04 09:55 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Totally Awsome man. I'm impressed.

#312406 - 29/02/04 10:28 PM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by dolemite:
Basically, what I did was turn the Xbox into a computer....and installed it into my Xterra.
With a whole bunch of pirated games on it.
I'm so proud of you. [Freak]

#312407 - 29/02/04 11:05 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey eek , I own every game that's on there! smile I used to be HUGE into video games when I was like 6. That means it's 100% legal.

Anyways...the xbox. I had to get a mod chip for it, particularly the Xenium. Soldering that in was a BIOTCH. Then, flashed the bios, uploaded a new GUI to the 120GB hard drive I put in, then I was able to FTP to it from my computer and upload everything.

And thanks for the compliments.

#312408 - 29/02/04 11:45 PM Re: XboXterra
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
phew, you LOVE your video games.

i had no idea the xbox could store things like that. too bad they didn't have any games i liked back when i was shopping for the next-gen consoles.

#312409 - 01/03/04 01:40 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
i had no idea the xbox could store things like that.
When you add a mod chip, you're basically turning it into a computer. You can run pretty much what you want on it then.

#312410 - 01/03/04 01:52 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Hey eek , I own every game that's on there! smile
You own every NES game ever released ? 300 SNES games ? Sorry for doubting you, but I find it hard to believe a 19 year old owns $30,000 worth of games, music and movies.

#312411 - 01/03/04 02:10 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Before anyone goes off on a tangent and calls me a software-nazi, let me explain my stance.
I've developed games since 1992, and I have had to deal with piracy and cracks for my products. I have had to watch as people steal my games, and take money out of my pocket.

People who do not rely on royalties or sales of software to support them have no conception of what it's like to be in this business. I posted a poll a week ago about Photoshop, and almost half the people who replied that they used Photoshop had a pirated copy. That's a lot of people stealing a $700 piece of software simply because they could. Would you walk into CompUSA and steal one off the shelf ?

Anti-piracy tactics and digital rights management (DRM) are only going to get tougher to beat in the coming years, and that causes an inconvenience to people who really do pay for their digital goods.

Emulators, back-ups, mod chips, etc. are all illegal. They exist mainly to allow people to bypass DRM and copy or use things they don't own. It is very rare that anyone gets in trouble for "casual piracy" though because it is so widespread, but at least think about it before doing it. No matter what you think, you are helping to put a person out of work, or put a company out of business, or move jobs out of the USA.

#312412 - 01/03/04 04:53 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks sweet man

#312413 - 01/03/04 06:31 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's a great setup anyway.

#312414 - 01/03/04 07:21 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Before anyone goes off on a tangent and calls me a software-nazi, let me explain my stance.
I've developed games since 1992, and I have had to deal with piracy and cracks for my products. I have had to watch as people steal my games, and take money out of my pocket.

People who do not rely on royalties or sales of software to support them have no conception of what it's like to be in this business. I posted a poll a week ago about Photoshop, and almost half the people who replied that they used Photoshop had a pirated copy. That's a lot of people stealing a $700 piece of software simply because they could. Would you walk into CompUSA and steal one off the shelf ?

Anti-piracy tactics and digital rights management (DRM) are only going to get tougher to beat in the coming years, and that causes an inconvenience to people who really do pay for their digital goods.

Emulators, back-ups, mod chips, etc. are all illegal. They exist mainly to allow people to bypass DRM and copy or use things they don't own. It is very rare that anyone gets in trouble for "casual piracy" though because it is so widespread, but at least think about it before doing it. No matter what you think, you are helping to put a person out of work, or put a company out of business, or move jobs out of the USA.
Exactly.

Yeah, I own every NES game (about 1500, keep em all at my parents house in a box) and some Japanese versions too. Ebay is your friend when it comes to this....over the last 5 years I've been able to find guys selling like 50 games at a time for like $100...makes it real easy. It's sort of an investment.

All the movies on there are movies I own on DVD that I extracted to DivX.

The shows were all Tivo'd ...which I don't think is illegal as long as I don't sell them.

Mod chips, emulators, and backups are NOT illegal. It's what some people do with them that is illegal. I am against software piracy as well....hence why I made sure this was 100% legal.

With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.

[/tangent]

#312415 - 01/03/04 08:34 AM Re: XboXterra
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Nice install. Looks sweet.
Did you install Linux on your Modded X-Box like most people do?
Also, are you using a UBS keyboard, mouse or just the plain controllers for everything not game related?
L8r

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#312416 - 01/03/04 09:19 AM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.
Sounds good.
My apologies.

#312417 - 01/03/04 10:35 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:
Nice install. Looks sweet.
Did you install Linux on your Modded X-Box like most people do?
Also, are you using a UBS keyboard, mouse or just the plain controllers for everything not game related?
L8r
Nah, I have no use for Linux. For day to day use, it's pointless IMO, but great for servers. And I have a few pretty nice computers, don't need another one in the shape of an Xbox, so no keyboard or mouse. I can do everything I need from the controller.

Unless, of course, you're talking about linux (not the OS, rather the GUI), in which yes, I happen to be running Evox.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]With that in mind, let's just talk about the install/xbox/and what not.
Sounds good.
My apologies.[/b]
No problem wink

#312418 - 01/03/04 04:19 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I hate to be the one to break it you but that is not a 2004 SE ! That’s a 2003 XE I hope you did not pay the 04 SE price!

This is a silver 2004 SE

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#312419 - 01/03/04 08:35 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I paid $21,000 for it...that's odd. I wonder why they told me it was a 2004.

Bah, oh well.

It has the power, towing, digital compass, 4x4, rear limited slip, and a few other things.

2nd look at the sticker, yer right it's a 2003! Bah!

#312420 - 01/03/04 08:47 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
2nd look at the sticker, yer right it's a 2003! Bah!
XE or SE

#312421 - 02/03/04 08:11 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It says 2003 SE

#312422 - 02/03/04 09:12 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that is an SE they switched rims on you. Hope it was not new. eek

#312423 - 02/03/04 09:14 AM Re: XboXterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by thinksaturn:
switched rims and roof rack... hey dolemite, you gotta sunroof?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#312424 - 02/03/04 10:01 AM Re: XboXterra
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Wow, you actually got an xbox to fit in your Xterra? I figured you'd have pictures of you pulling it on a trailer.

[LOL]

XBOX IS HUUUUGE

That's cool as hell, though.

#312425 - 02/03/04 10:08 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It doesn't have the sunroof.....I know it has the rear LSD, 4x4, towing, power, digital compass, everything I needed.

Honestly, I could care less. I got a brand new SUV for $21,000....with everything I wanted in it.

And lawl@the xbox comment...yeah they are big. Originally I tried fitting it under the passenger seat....NOPE...even after removing the seat and trying to bolt it down over the Xbox, no way would it fit.

#312426 - 02/03/04 10:37 AM Re: XboXterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
It doesn't have the sunroof.....
It's an XE... no biggie... just an FYI...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#312427 - 02/03/04 11:19 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks!

So with that, and software piracy out of the way....

What do you guys think?

#312428 - 02/03/04 12:29 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I want you to come rig my X-Box into my x with all ur games smile ....oh yeah...u'll hafta solder a mod-chip in my box, install the 120 gig HDD and al that, so bring a 6 pack with ya wink

#312429 - 02/03/04 12:43 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't mind havin my PS2 installed in my X either. I'll bring a 12 pack though.

#312430 - 02/03/04 01:44 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

NP...I'll help anyone when it comes to install and stuff. PS2 is fun and all...but you can't mod it out like you can an Xbox.

If you want, you can send me your Xbox, a 120GB HD, and a mod chip, I'll install everything for ya. PM me for details.

#312431 - 02/03/04 01:45 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
Quote:
[b]It doesn't have the sunroof.....
It's an XE... no biggie... just an FYI...[/b]
Actaully the sunroof became an option on the SE in the 2002 model year rather than standard like it was on the 2000 and 2001 SE's.

#312432 - 02/03/04 01:48 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
And the roof rack, step rails, stereo, head lights, bumper, grill, steering wheel, seats, dash trim, door panels, map lights, sun visors…

#312433 - 02/03/04 03:02 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
Quote:
[b]If that is an SE they switched rims on you. Hope it was not new. eek
And the roof rack, step rails, stereo, head lights, bumper, grill, steering wheel, seats, dash trim, door panels, map lights, sun visors…[/b]
What's different about the step rails, head lights, bumper, grill, steering wheel, seats, dash trim, door panels, map lights, and sun visors?

#312434 - 02/03/04 04:30 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
What's different about the step rails, head lights, bumper, grill, steering wheel, seats, dash trim, door panels, map lights, and sun visors?
Roof rack would be a darker charcoal color rather than the light gray that you have. The step rails would match the roof rack as well as the charcoal colored wheels. Your wheels are silver.

The headlights would have silver or “titanium” trim rather than the black that you have.

The lower decorative “skid plate” would be the same titanium color as the headlight trim, the trim on the grill would also match. Yours are silver.

Your steering wheel would be leather wrapped.

You would have the 6 disc in dash changer, 10” sub and audio controls on the steering wheel rather than a single disc player.

All the seats would have gray with a light blue stitching in the middle rather than solid gray.

Your dash trim around the stereo, AC and middle air vents, the strip above the glove box, and the trim around the gauges would all be “titanium” colored rather than black.

The trim on the doors containing the window switches and such would also be titanium rather than black and the fabric on the doors would also be the gray with light blue stitching.

The map lights would have a compass and thermometer, your compass is probably part of the mirror.

And the sun visor on the passenger side would have a mirror, yours does not.

Here are some pictures to compare to from an eBay auction for a stock 2003 SE 4x4

Hey… you asked…

#312435 - 02/03/04 05:37 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks! Interesting....though I like the exterior on the SE more...I like my interior more.

So...now that's out of the way, back on topic.

#312436 - 02/03/04 06:46 PM Re: XboXterra
CDLXterra Offline

Loc: Oregon
How do you update the hard drive on your xbox, do you have to take it apart and hook it up in your computer or can you through the network card in it?

#312437 - 02/03/04 10:30 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, first you have to get a mod chip. Mod chips run ~$50.

Then, set up the mod chip to run and what not.

Hook up your new hard drive, and run the boot disc for your new GUI. At this point you can FTP to your Xbox from your computer (through a patch cable). Once you patch into it, you set up the GUI to run off the HD on startup.

Then, you have to run a program from the Xbox that you ftp'd over to re-"lock" the hard drive so you can use the original Xbox bios (say to use Xbox live or something).

I made it sound easy.....and it's nothing but.

[edit] Yeah, you have to take it all apart. For the mod chip, you have to do a lot of soldering, or spend an extra $40 on a solderless mount.

#312438 - 03/03/04 10:37 AM Re: XboXterra
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I am not ripping on your install, I think it is pretty sweet. I just have a question to ask. You aren't one of those guys that is going to mod your X to do better on trails, and put all of that expensive stereo stuff in it...are you? You basically bought the 4X4 for better traction in the winter, right?

#312439 - 03/03/04 01:52 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eh, I'll do whatever I want. I don't plan on going crazy with offroading stuff....I live in IL (fairly flat state). Even if I did, an xbox in the back wouldn't hinder my ability to it.

I got the Xterra on a whim. My last car was totalled out, and I was given a $34,000 check by insurance to buy whatever I wanted. My last car was fully paid off, so I figured what the hell, I'm in college, might as well start being conservative, buy something ~$24k in cash, and invest the rest.

So....no cars in that price range really appealed to me. Almost bought an STi...but decided I'd rather save, have a nice chunk of change for after college.

So, in the end, I guess I did just get the Xterra for better traction in the winter, and the occasional offroading.

In the summer, I'll be on my Busa most of the time.

Even if I was one of those guys, who cares? You should think outside the sphere , no?

#312440 - 04/03/04 02:37 PM Re: XboXterra
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
Hey Dolemite can you do a write up of what you did and how you did it?

Ive been looking to do a mod like this for some time and this looks like a pretty good deal. How much was the mod chip and what not? Doesnt the mod chip kill your abillity to play xbox live?

I just want something to play games on when im on my lunch break and watch movies on when im driving 105 down the PA turnpike so i dont get bored...... ok just in case that was a JOKE

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#312441 - 04/03/04 03:43 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here goes nothin.

The mod chip I used was the Xenium chip....so you could switch up to 4 banks of bios's from the software, or use the Microsoft Bios (so you can still play Xbox Live). Most chips don't allow this. One you solder up the chip (not an easy task by any means....EVERY small board to solder, d0 wire is even smaller), you have to flash the bios using a boot disc. These are kinda difficult to make...you have to use a bunch of dummy files, you have to edit the bios yourself, you have to burn it to a cd-rw a certain way, or else it all screws up.

Anyways...once you flash the bios, you have to boot up the dashboard (gui). Once you boot that from the disc (again, hard to get to work, the xbox dvd player doesn't like reading anything), you have to FTP to the xbox using a patch cable to your computer. Once you ftp, you can install teh GUI to the hard drive on the Xbox, and go from there.

I would suggest installing a larger hard drive before installing the GUI, since the HD that comes with the Xbox is 8gig....which won't hold much. I have a 120gig that I'm already thinking of upgrading.

Once the GUI is installed, you can FTP to the box whenever you want, and send more programs/media/whatever to the box.

For more info, email me at PontiacGT2K@yahoo.com
or AIM me at stric9maharishi
or check out www.xbox-scene.com for a LOT of useful info.

If everything I just said was incredibly over your head, you can send me your xbox and I'll install it all for you. Contact me for details.

#312442 - 04/03/04 05:02 PM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
If everything I just said was incredibly over your head, you can send me your xbox and I'll install it all for you. Contact me for details.
Just remember it's illegal under the DMCA, regardless of what dolemite thinks. But who cares, you kids steal everything these days smile

#312443 - 04/03/04 07:09 PM Re: XboXterra
BoneCrusher Offline

Ian are you saying modifying an XBOX is illegal???

WHy are the chips so readily available?

Or are you talking about hacking the xbox in order to change its format and original intended use?

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#312444 - 04/03/04 08:47 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]If everything I just said was incredibly over your head, you can send me your xbox and I'll install it all for you. Contact me for details.
Just remember it's illegal under the DMCA, regardless of what dolemite thinks. But who cares, you kids steal everything these days smile [/b]
I'd prefer you quit referring to me as "you kids". I'm not a kid, and even if I were it's highly close-minded to group an entire age range together as all sharing the same beliefs... Ugh. I'm trying to stay civil...hell this is one of my first threads...but one thing that really sets me off is close minded people that give into paradigms and stereotypes.

Mod chips aren't illegal in the U.S. They are in Italy, and a few other countries, but on the U.S. I made sure of this by asking one of the guys in our legal/copywright/licensing department.

Installing game backups onto the xbox that you don't own is illegal...I personally believe it is wrong, and I have selfish reasons too (I work at a software company). So no one do that.

Sorry about the rant...but even though I'm a newb on this site, I can still take offense to something....whether it's said by the newbest of the newbs....or the admin.

#312445 - 04/03/04 08:55 PM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
Ian are you saying modifying an XBOX is illegal???

WHy are the chips so readily available?

Microsoft (and Sony and Nintendo) clearly state that an Xbox cannot be tampered with. They own the software on it, and all the games you buy, you are simply licensing them. By modifying it, you are violating the license agreement you agreed to by opening the package.

Copying any Xbox, PS2 or Nintendo software (or backing them up) is a violation of the licenses covering those products and is also illegal.

Argue about it all day long if you want, but these are facts. Dolemite, I don't know which software company you work for, but they need to hire a new legal department.

And yes, you are a kid, I wrote my first software app 2 years before you were born. wink

#312446 - 04/03/04 09:24 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whether it's illegal or not (I don't feel like arguing with you), I did purchase the games. They got their money. If I want to copy them to my Xbox, so be it. If it's technically illegal, so be it. I know what I'm doing isn't immoral by any means....I'm playing games I purchased.

Like I said, I'm trying to be civil. Stop blatently fulfilling society's paradigm of a middle aged guy on the internet by calling me a kid.

[edit] Let's put this back on topic. I posted this here so people could ask questions about the install or comment, not to discuss the legalities. I thought we were past that earlier in the thread?

#312447 - 04/03/04 09:41 PM Re: XboXterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Let's put this back on topic. I posted this here so people could ask questions about the install or comment, not to discuss the legalities.
But that's not nearly as entertaining. laugh

It's an OK install of $10,000 worth of A/V equipment into a $25,000 vehicle.
I could think of a lot better ways to spend that money since the only person who sits in the back of my Xterra is our pit-bull, and he doesn't have thumbs, so he couldn't hold the Xbox controller.

As an adult I fail to see the point to putting a living room inside a car.

#312448 - 04/03/04 09:57 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It wasn't nearly $10,000 worth of equipment. The screens were $100 each on Ebay. The stuff I did to the xbox cost $150.. .and that travels between the Xterra and my apt. The head unit that's going in was from my last vehicle, and cost $250. The wiring and stuff cost $25. The in-dash one I got through a friend for $400 because he is sponsored. So that comes out to around $1100.

I trailor friends' cars to and from shows all over the nation, as well as the GMCI models (I'm part of Team GMCI, the best sport compact team in the world in leiu of their winnings at Hot Import Nights and SEMA) go on road trips with friends a lot, so the setup will get a lot of use.

Last, we have to remember: I'm not you.

#312449 - 05/03/04 06:34 AM Re: XboXterra
BoneCrusher Offline

dolemite

As far as modding the xbox and running the wires and such it looks good. I like the placement of the wires on the back "map pocket" or whatever it is. It also looks very clean. My only problem with it is the Xbox is completely exposed and isnt in a very reachable place. I mean you got all those hot models in the back of your truck and they have to bend over the back to change the gam......nevermind now i see the reasoning for the placement

[Too much XOC]

seriously though any plans in the future to move the xbox to a better location or a more stealthy location. Like maybe hack it and make it part of the center console?
I dont know just throwin out ideas.

nice car club went to some links and checked em out seems like a pretty big club.

#312450 - 05/03/04 07:34 AM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I don't like the positioning either, but that's pretty much the only spot I could get it to fit. If I could hack into the bottom of the passenger seat a lil, I could get it to fit there, and load discs from the front, but I'm not about to do that.

The center console doesn't have enough room to fit the Xbox.

Also, this isn't staying in the xterra. Originally I was going to remote mount the DVD player from the Xbox in one of the din openings, put the mother board behind paneling, and mount the hard drive under the passenger seat with a sort of suspension built for it....but honestly I'd like to use my Xbox in the house too. Also, IDE cables have limits as to how far they can reach.

I put everything on the hard drive just so I wouldn't have to worry about using the disc drive. And if someone in the back has to bend over and put in discs....I have a rear view mirror [LOL] .

So for now, it's staying there.

[edit] As for GMCI...Bob Mull won Hot Import Nights elite class best of show in Chicago AND LA last year....as well as taking home "Show car of the year for the world" at SEMA (basically, it was a competition of all the show cars of the world, he won). And, GMCI won show team of the year at SEMA as well. This year they completely re-designed a few of the cars on the show team....so it should be interesting.

#312451 - 05/03/04 09:23 AM Re: XboXterra
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Be prepared to catch critism when you post things on the internet. This is a site that is dedicated to the Xterra, but on more of an offroad and maintence level. That is why events like GONE Moab and GOX are around and not events like Hot Import Nights for Xterra owners. Your install is original and creative, but lose the attitude and enjoy yourself.

[Wave]

#312452 - 05/03/04 12:32 PM Re: XboXterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Well, I don't like the positioning either,
Lobo shelf! Cost $10 takes 10 minutes with a dremel and 5 minutes with a phillips head screwdriver.

#312453 - 05/03/04 01:01 PM Re: XboXterra
BoneCrusher Offline

Ramness I dont think hes gonna go that route. Nothing against it but the lobo shelf is kinda not in the realm of a clean install. For offroaders its great it does its job and doesnt cause problems. But Dolemite probably wants something a little more trick looking.

#312454 - 05/03/04 02:19 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right. Lobo shelf is nice and all, but won't do for something like this. For now, it's fine. Sort of out of the way (right next to the wheel well indent), and shows almost no wires.

#312455 - 05/03/04 08:53 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

The MOD chips are readily available but the Software to make the chips run you have to find somewhere else.

I like the idea of moding the XBOX especially for my pictures & music, 20g just doesnt go to far. And to load games on it with kids around sounds like a good idea, no matter how much you tell them you will find games laying around OUT OF THE CASES! ARGGGHHHH, that is 20-50 bucks damn it.

#312456 - 13/03/04 01:20 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive got a PS2 w/ the hard drive installed. And replaced that 8oz storage unit ( which was worthless) in the ceiling with a fold down 8" tv . It fits under the passenger seat and the controller chords are long enough w/o having to use the extenders like with the Xbox.

#312457 - 14/03/04 03:04 PM Re: XboXterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Extender cables? I don't use any extender cables.....the original ones are long enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal