shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316008 - 25/11/03 11:39 AM Wheeling in the U.P.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I plan on taking a trip to the U.P. sometime in the near future. I have been up in the U.P. once before and, thinking about it now, it seems like there would be some nice places to off-road.

Does anyone know of any that are legal? Any that are not-so-legal? Anyone live up there that wants to go one weekend?

I live about a half hour from the IL-WIS border, so if anyone wants to tag along, they are welcome to. [Wave] Not sure when, but would definately like to do it sometime soon!!!

#316009 - 26/11/03 08:14 AM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
I have not really looked into that area. We have wheeled about 25 SWS of Iron Mountain, Michigan. No dues and camping is free!!!!!

I am going to plan a trip next year to Sleeping Bear Dunes, Mi. next year. Lots of sand and dunes!! laugh I plan on taking the ferry across Lake Michigan. I have to find out if they will let me take a tandem trailer set-up though.
Dan

#316010 - 26/11/03 09:35 AM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Hawk I would be up for a winter run sometime soon. it would give me a chance to peek at some new camping spots laugh

#316011 - 10/12/03 12:20 PM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Close1 Offline

bump

#316012 - 10/12/03 01:29 PM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there enough snow up north for it? This month looks horriffic, but I may be up for something in Jan/early Feb!

#316013 - 11/12/03 05:46 AM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Close1 Offline

Hawk-
I agree this month is going to be one heck of a month. If possible my girlfriend and I are thinking about heading up in early-mid [Laughing] January

#316014 - 11/12/03 06:21 AM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
grumpy1 Offline

The UP is much more off road freindly than Wi. althought there is a ton of grat places in the nat'l Forests in WI. In the UP, there is way more open space and logging roads and you have to worry a less about private property. All in all they seem to be a little more relaxed about those kinds of activities up there. Some freinds of ours have a deer camp along the Ontonagon river and there is some very remote terrain they have almost free reign on. The off road potential is almost limitless. Same goes with ATV's it seems.

#316015 - 12/12/03 01:32 PM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Close1:
Hawk-
I agree this month is going to be one heck of a month. If possible my girlfriend and I are thinking about heading up in early-mid [Laughing] January
I may head up to Iron Mt and ski some time in Jan. If you guys do a run somewhere up there, I might be able to take some time off and play in the snow with the X.

#316016 - 12/12/03 09:27 PM Re: Wheeling in the U.P.
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Quote:
Originally posted by excelagator:

I am going to plan a trip next year to Sleeping Bear Dunes, Mi. next year. Lots of sand and dunes!! laugh I plan on taking the ferry across Lake Michigan. I have to find out if they will let me take a tandem trailer set-up though.
Dan
I duno if they let vehicals on Sleeping Bear anymore. I think they still allow them on Silver Lake dunes south of sleeping bear.

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal