shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316274 - 28/10/03 09:19 PM New guy here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all....New guy to the forums.....I'm seeing alot of Chicago area X owners in the Midwest Xterra club forums. I'm guessing that I too am in the correct area then. How does one go about joining the Midwest Xterra club? Any fees involved? Mailings? Emailings? Etc.....

Just curious...

#316275 - 28/10/03 09:34 PM Re: New guy here
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Welcome to the cult...I mean club. Midwest Xterra Club is pretty much dissolved. I know some of the Chicago Xterra owners have had a meeting this past summer. The gentleman to find is EAP, he has been one of the active owners at this past summer.
I belong to MadcityXOC Club. We do trips to central and northern Wisconsin to camp, wheel, and beers by the campfire. To this date we have not had any dues. If this fits what your looking for? Just click Here for more info and trips we have done.

Dan

#316276 - 29/10/03 07:42 AM Re: New guy here
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Hawk,

Dan is right the Midwest club never really got off the ground and for the most part is non-existant. To the best of my knowledge the guys that started it don't even get on the XOC anymore and I haven't been able to even get a hold of them to do something with the web page. When anything is planned it's on the XOC, so just check back here! We are thiking of doing a trip next spring to Northern Wisconsin and I am leaving the planning of that to the MadCityX guys and people go to the Badlands in Attica Indiana periodically. So with all that said welcome to the Midwest Forum and the XOC!!

Erik

PS if you ever see a silver 2000 in your neck of the woods with a bunch of stickers on it, that's probably me. My sister lives in Crystal Lake so I am up there ever once in awhile!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316277 - 29/10/03 09:25 AM Re: New guy here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet...Thanks guys.....EAP, I'll keep my eye open for ya smile

I actually bartend at one of the local establishments in town. Matt's Tavern. A bunch of the guys that come in there go to the Badlands regularly, and keep telling me I should go too. I'm still just getting into the full bore off roading, and I don't necessarily want to destroy my X yet. wink I have taken it to a local mud pit/ trails and it kept up great with the rest of the lifted and modified Jeeps I went with laugh Even surprised some of the die-hard Jeep guys [ThumbsUp]

#316278 - 29/10/03 09:56 AM Re: New guy here
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
Sweet...Thanks guys.....EAP, I'll keep my eye open for ya smile

I I have taken it to a local mud pit/ trails and it kept up great with the rest of the lifted and modified Jeeps I went with laugh Even surprised some of the die-hard Jeep guys [ThumbsUp]
Are these pits legal? If so, what will it cost for the info? laugh

#316279 - 29/10/03 02:38 PM Re: New guy here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Are these pits legal? If so, what will it cost for the info?
Um....Legal... [Uh Oh !] ...Not exactly wink They are only legal if you don't get caught....Which sucks! But they're fun none the less....not as spread out as some of the pics I've seen here on the X site, or the Bad Lands, but not too shabby none the less. Good for local romping....With a slight risk factor involved.

#316280 - 01/11/03 03:07 PM Re: New guy here
Anonymous
Unregistered

HEY WHATS UP.I AM VERY NEW AT THIS.I DONT SEE ANYBODY FROM MO.AM I IN THE WRONG AREA.IF SO WHERE SHOULD I BE.I AM FROM ST. LOUIS.I GO TO CHICAGO VERY OFTEN.MY EX GIRLFRIEND IS ATTENDING ELMHURST COLLEGE.SO I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM COMING UP THERE.JUST TELL ME WHATS UP.

#316281 - 01/11/03 04:37 PM Re: New guy here
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Well first off, no need to yell, please turn off your cap locks! Second, Welcome to the XOC!

This forum covers the whole Midwest, but you should look into the Hearland group they are out of MO in particular. We are trying to get more organized at this point and we do have occasional get togethers, but at this point it surrounds beer. Just keep an eye out on the board for any events! Again welcome to the board!!!

Erik

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal