Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316335 - 19/11/03 09:59 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Yea. Due to a recent career shift, PNUTMNM has less than ZERO minutes of vacation time.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#316336 - 19/11/03 08:42 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
PNUT,
I will say that I will "cover your ass" on this.
The deal is...
you bring your X
You bring some of that sweet homemade brew
You actually get your X dirty
You bring venison
I got your lodging and spirits
I will NOT pre-fold the toilet paper.

With all due respect to your lovely wife, you can leave her at home to fluff sheets and wash windows.
Don't be [Rainbow]

#316337 - 19/11/03 09:05 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Geocach, another one added to the list. I'm sorry ,but we are not adding the toilet paper prefold competion this year. laugh
Dan

#316338 - 20/11/03 06:22 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
It looks like another great trip might be brewing laugh here

#316339 - 23/11/03 12:38 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am in the middle of a position change and I am trying to learn a whole new set of software. I've got training out east several times in the next month and I am helping to cross train my replacement so I will be frequently AWOL until April.

That being said, Dan has done an excellent job putting this together and has done most of the leg work, I will take no credit for that. Without him this would not have come together until 2005. I think this will be a well organized, great trip and hope that we get people from more than just the "MIDWEST". By the way, I've always thought of myself as being in the midwest, but it seems people south of Illinois classify this region as "north-central".

Quote:
Mid·west (md-wst) or Middle West ; A region of the north-central United States around the Great Lakes and the upper Mississippi Valley. It is generally considered to include Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska. The area is known for its rich farmlands and highly industrialized centers.
As for names there may have been a question or two about a club named for a city, MADCityXOC. When I decided to start the club, Midwest was already taken although not practicing. There seemed to be no club in the Minnesota, UP, Wisconsin area, which is where I mainly travel so, I decided to name it after that region. There is already a Great Lakes 4x4 club, UPclub, so forth and so on, but not for Xterras mainly Jeeps. Madison is the capitol of the state, which is where I am based. It is also almost equal distance from most places, Twin Cities, Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa, etc. So I thought this would be a good hub to wheel from. Unfortunatly most of the good wheeling is north of Eau Clarie and Wausau. In Madison, because of all the kooks, crooks, politicians, and shinanigans that revolve around politics in Wisconsin, Madison has recieved the nickname Madtown, hence many of the businesses have adopted the MadCity nickname as well. So there you have a history lesson on the name of our club.

After reading all the previous posts we probably should have named it, Northwoods Outing of Socially Entertaining Political In-Correctness, or NOSEPIC. Although, the Leine's people might be sending a lawyer on by if we use Northwoods. Oh well, I think someone anywhere might object to any particular word we happen to use. Midwest Xterra Gathering will work. Although I am allergic to MXG. [Spit] J/K

#316340 - 23/11/03 02:25 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
bn300 Offline

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Where do I find you fools and where do we wheel? [Uh Oh !]

#316341 - 23/11/03 09:18 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Sorry been out in the garage making saw dust. I never knew that Madison was called that for that reason, I thought it was for all the crazy college students experimenting with new things! eek Bn3oo, I will be staying at KOA. The wife and kids want running water. Thursday morning I will be ready to go do some wheeling.

Wheeling in the area I know of some known areas and they are not hard to find at all. Honest BN300, If you took a weekend every year and went wheeling there. It would take you quite a few years to do all the trails. A topo map of the area does is not up to date and does not show all the trails there. That is why Thursday I am going to explore some new trails.

Chris is the knowledgable one on the area. He has done the most scouting and wheeling in the area. I am going to leave the trails to wheel up to Chris.

Dan

#316342 - 26/11/03 08:00 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

howdy peoples!
i'm thinking of showing up if you all don't mind.
i don't know what is going on so far in advance but if the stars are right than i'll be there!!!
map quest showed me a route to hayward that takes me thru upper mi - it's been eons since i've crossed the bridge! does anybody know what the weather/roads may be like at that time of year? smile

peace b.

#316343 - 26/11/03 08:18 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
bn300 Offline

Plan on snow.

#316344 - 26/11/03 11:20 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

It can almost be anything following the lake shore coming across. Last years trip we had low 30s at night and low 60s and blue skies. It can change though! We did cookout on Superior's shore, yeah we are crazy. [Too much XOC] So Darkstar where are you coming from???
Dan

Temps for Hayward in May http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/daily/USWI0310?climoMonth=5

#316345 - 28/11/03 10:59 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

snow huh? are you sure bout that ? laugh actually i was curious about the road conditions - plowing etc. i'm not really a "winter" person and i don't go way up yonder so i was just wondering. once in awhile i'll visit my sister in petoskey but she usually comes south to see the whole family. oh yeah, dan - i'll be driving from saginaw.

say since i'm here maybe somebody can tell me something about my truck? we got it used from the nissan dealer in sag. in june or july i think. it's an 2001 yellow 4x4 se with the front windows tinted and a hawaii sticker on the top front air dam? or whatever it's called. it has a sunroof and trailer hitch. also has bush guards front and back and wind deflectors front and back. the mileage was a little on the high side but seems to have been taken care of real good and we haven't had a problem with her. anybody seen and/or know anything about this truck please get ahold of me. i think the previous owner lived in the muskegon area. later b.

peace

#316346 - 29/11/03 10:52 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Sounds like a blast i would be a go but i think we are still in state playoffs for high school hockey. Damn, oh well. frown

#316347 - 30/11/03 08:49 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Darkstar,
That time of year you should have a safe trip west. I can say, it would have to be a freaky snow storm, besides Wisconsin is pretty good on plowing there roads.

I know directions from Ironwood Mi. to Hayward. You should be on Hwy 2 from Ironwood, Mi. to Ashland, Wi. Go a little west of Ashland left on Hwy 63 to Hayward. The driving time from Ironwood to Hayward 2-1/2 hours

#316348 - 01/12/03 06:12 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

yo excelagator,
thanks for the confirmation. this past fri my family got togeather for a "eat the leftovers get togeather" on account we had all this food from 3 seperate inlaw thanksgivens - it was another day of good eating :p anywhos my nephew went to college up at houghton and we talked about the weather and roads etc. during that time of year and now i'm starting to get X-cited about the trip. anybody else from MI thinking about this trip?

peace b.

#316349 - 02/12/03 06:15 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
Did any of you want to go on the run to Haspin Acres in December? I will post more details as they happen -

#316350 - 02/12/03 07:21 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
OK I am putting on the Moderator mask for a moment...

rfritz please keep the posts in this thread subject related. If anyone is interested in the Haspen Run I'm sure they will see the seperate thread. If you are worried about it being missed, bump it up to the top! Thanks....

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316351 - 02/12/03 07:25 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

No problem Darkstar! [Wave] I'm pretty sure you will have a safe drive over. Beleive me, it is a bitch in the summer when the tourist start flocking in. If you love the outdoors and your X, this is a trip well worth the trip. Boomhouer (good friend and all around crazy guy)last year, join us with his Taco from Kansas City. He is planning on doing the trip again this year. It is roughly 800 miles one way for him. [Huh?]

Rfritz,
I would love to come down and wheel there but I have too many things going on right now. The wife would probably beat me if I went!J/K BTW, do you guys have any snow yet?

#316352 - 05/12/03 12:18 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
sorry to cramp your style hitler -

#316353 - 05/12/03 01:12 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Rfritz, just because I actually moderate this forum, unlike most of the other forums on this damn site is NO F***ING REASON to call me HITLER.

I am just trying to keep order and if you have a problem with that go play with the idiots in the the asbestos lined room that love to highjack threads and verbally bitchslap each around all day.

Like it or not I am the moderator, I could have easily just deleted your post entirely but I choose to nicely ask you to just keep it to the subject at hand!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316354 - 06/12/03 09:17 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Damn.........Hitler? Isn't calling EAP hitler a little on the harsh side. From what I gather from EAP is a pretty good guy. He is just following the rules as moderator.
Dan

#316355 - 09/12/03 09:44 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Aaaannnyway, check out my site on the home page. I have road conditions for all 50 states including the UP. They are updated comtinuously. Wisconsin is the best in my opinion. they show the roads at this moment.

Last year the weather was exceptionally beautiful. As always the last day Sunday produced the best trails. Some steep inclinces and what not on the mt. bike trails, yes you currently can drive them, although the ranger asked why we would WANT too. LOL

PS I just got back from Boston and boy are my arms tired. Missed the Noreaster by 12 hours. Didn't miss the shellfish food poisoning though. that's a fireside story. I will be back there early Jan.

#316356 - 09/12/03 11:55 AM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Lincoln Offline

I am definately planning on coming to MXG. Do you guys want any T-Shirt or logo designs? Let me know and I will work on a few.

#316357 - 09/12/03 08:31 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
I am definately planning on coming to MXG. Do you guys want any T-Shirt or logo designs? Let me know and I will work on a few.
Hey Nellie [Wave] Close1 is working on a sticker design. He has come up wih some sweet designs. I do not have the file here. I will email from work.
When do you get back to the chesse state and where will you be?

#316358 - 09/12/03 08:43 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Lincoln Offline

I get back on the 16th of December! I can't wait man! I will be in Elkhorn and Lake Geneva. Probably living in Elkhorn. I can't even tell you guys how much I am looking forward to coming back. It has been 6 years since I left. I never have to miss another Packer game again and I can finally check out some of our trails.

#316359 - 09/12/03 08:49 PM Re: Midwest Xterra Gathering Info
Excelagator Offline

Nellie, you be an hour from me. I live in Pewaukee, don't worry I'm far from those snobs on the lake!. We should hook up for a wrenchin' session?
Dan

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal