2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316812 - 10/05/04 09:03 AM Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
Who here has a dealer service dept that they trust and has done good work. Not service stuff. Service Writers and Tech guys that listen and know about the truck (and aren't negative regarding that you offroad the truck).

I'm looking for a new dealer to look at some work done by another dealer and my trust level is pretty low.

Anyone remember where Dave Glader of Firewalkers Jeep worked? Wasn't he a Nissan Tech somewhere?

Thanks.

#316813 - 10/05/04 09:16 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I trust the guys at Jim M'Lady's Nissan, but I also know Jim's son personally. I also know the a couple other employes there, so I know they won't screw me...

#316814 - 10/05/04 09:22 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I haven't been thrilled with Arlington Nissan on Dundee road, I have always gotten a major attitiude whenever I have gone in. Basically they have treated me like a moron and whatever I might have asked them to look into is hogwash and I should just listen to everything they told me without any questions!

Woodfield seemed alright, but kind of pricey. I am glad I am going to moving near Hawk, so I can finally get decent service when I need it!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316815 - 10/05/04 09:48 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
roofgoat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mapman:
I haven't been thrilled with Arlington Nissan on Dundee road, I have always gotten a major attitiude whenever I have gone in. Basically they have treated me like a moron and whatever I might have asked them to look into is hogwash and I should just listen to everything they told me without any questions!

Woodfield seemed alright, but kind of pricey. I am glad I am going to moving near Hawk, so I can finally get decent service when I need it!
Mapman, Woodfield is somewhat the same as Arlington. You explain things to them and they don't get it. They are a little sloppy with their work and when you point out their mistakes, they are a little weak with a response. I have a long winded post in the Suspension Section which is the reason I'm looking at a new dealer.

I called Nissan Cust Service this morning, but they aren't much help. I wanted to talk with an engineer or a tech and they said the only way to do it is to go through my dealer which puts me back at square one of a service dept that I don't trust in the first place to give me straight answers.

#316816 - 10/05/04 10:57 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Mapman:
Basically they have treated me like a moron and whatever I might have asked them to look into is hogwash and I should just listen to everything they told me without any questions!

Maybe they are trying to tell you something!

wink

Just messin with ya

#316817 - 10/05/04 11:19 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
Mapman Offline

Lincoln,I know you are kidding, but the issue at hand was my rear differential, which they ended up fixing on the third trip in. I still get fired up about how bad the customer service is at Arlington.

Roof, I'm not surprised your having issue with Woodfield, when I went there to get my free 100 point inspection, I asked them to check to see if the manifolds were ok, and that I would pay for the extra inspection if I needed to. But they brushed my request off twice, I'm not even really sure what the guy said because I could barely hear him. I gave up and figured I'd wait to see if the rattle I heard was the heat shield or not, which it was, so I didn't bother getting into them over it.

I also asked them how much it would be to crank the t-bars up an inch, and they gave me some excuse about not being able to get that much height out of it and that it's not good for the truck and I should be VERY careful if I go off-roading...

#316818 - 10/05/04 11:59 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
roofgoat Offline

Map, go to the Suspension Forum and read about "Tbar Bolt too low". THis happened at Woodfield.

I talked with 2 of Woodfield's techs and 2 Service Writers about adjusting my Tbars myself because when they reinstalled mine fixing the RMS, the truck was way too low upfront. In the past I have raised them up myself with no problems but mentioning this to them, they made it seem that I committed atrocities against the country.

#316819 - 10/05/04 12:29 PM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
Mapman Offline

Yea I read about your problems, that's why I brought my issues and t-bar question up. I only went to them in the first place because I didn't want to go to Arlington and I live only 10 minutes away.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with them...

Hey by the way, were you driving on Algonquin going East yesterday? I saw a black X with bike trays and what looked like an XOC sticker go by as I was sitting at the intersection of Algonquin and Roselle Rd.

#316820 - 10/05/04 01:29 PM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
roofgoat Offline

No Map, I'm trying to avoid the NW Suburbs (even though my folks live out there). The 90W has been real bad lately; everytime I hear a traffic report it sounds brutal.

#316821 - 10/05/04 02:21 PM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
I used to go to Fletcher Jones in downtown but they just recently stopped selling Nissans and thus stopped servicing them as well. Its a shame really as now I have to go to MidCity which is completely out of the way and a pain to leave my X with. Hope they know what they are doing there.

#316822 - 22/05/04 05:21 AM Re: Chicagoland/NW IL Service Depts
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
Roofgoat, Dave from Firewalkers works at North shore Nissan. I think that's in Highland Park.
However I also agree with Hawk M'Lady has a good service department in Crystal Lake.

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal