shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316911 - 28/08/03 04:21 PM Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Bowski Offline

Loc: Great Lakes, IL
Attention Chicago Area X owners, there is going to be a meet and greet type thing on the 13th of September @ Busse Woods in Schaumberg. The plan is to have a bbq, beer and get to know one another face to face. Time for this shin dig will be approx 1 o'clock PM. Busse Woods is a huge forest preserve with picnic facilities, and bike trails. Everyone attending is asked to reply to this post or email me at strangebrewmiester@yahoo.com Please bring your own food, and some beer. NO GLASS, glass is not allowed in the park. Since its going to be uncertain how many people are going to come, this will make sure we have enough for all of us. Further socials will be more organized I promise. EAP lives right next to this place and he's gonna get the scoop on a good place for us to meet up and find out if they have grills supplied there and what not. So more to come after the weekend. Take care and hope to see you on the 13th of Sep. Later, Paul.

#316912 - 28/08/03 04:24 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Bowski Offline

EAP, sorry i think i"ve got email thing resolved. I left the other post up in the general section for those who don't check this section with any regularity. Its beyond me why those texas guys starting posting. Oh well whatever floats your boat. Email me with the other stuff,,,, Later Paul.

#316913 - 28/08/03 05:07 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
CMorHiker Offline

Loc: Lake Zurich, Illinois
Gosh -- wish I could attend, but I leave next week for 6 weeks in AZ and UT (backpacking, kayaking, houseboating, whitewater rafting, mtn. biking). Busse is a great locale for a meeting -- I bike and kayak there regularly. Have a great time!

#316914 - 28/08/03 05:08 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I'll be there.....

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316915 - 29/08/03 05:17 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
Count me in.

#316916 - 29/08/03 11:57 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be there.

#316917 - 29/08/03 04:40 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Green Machine Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
I'll be there!

#316918 - 31/08/03 07:44 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm gonna try to go! My store has inventory that day so if I get to go I won't be able to stay long and definitely no beer for me (unless you won't tattle)

#316919 - 02/09/03 07:26 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
I'm gonna try too. I've been wanting to hang out and meet some local Xterra fans. On another note, does anybody around here have experience installing an exhaust on their X? I just put the K&N in and the exhaust is next. I live downtown and I can't use that garage for installing something like an exhaust so I'm looking for ideas. My current thinking is waiting until I go back to Calif. and use my garage there to install it. Anyways, I'm rambling. Hope to be there next week. LAte. [Wave]

#316920 - 04/09/03 08:04 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
SquidlyX Offline

Loc: Chula Vista,CA
Count me in. Just look for the X with California plates and that will be me.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar" Mark Twain.

#316921 - 04/09/03 09:45 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
bpdA Offline

Well, it would either be you or me since I have CA plates also. I like moving around alot but my home is still in California.

#316922 - 05/09/03 02:33 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Mapman Offline

bpdA my Father-in-law has just about every tool under the sun. I can ask him tomorrow(He's changing my oil) what he would think about letting you install your exhaust in his driveway. Problem is he is pretty touchy about letting just anyone using his tools and garage, but he also might think it's really cool and totally be fine and want to help. I'll let you know what the intial response is after I talk to him tomorrow.

#316923 - 05/09/03 05:23 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
bpdA Offline

Wow, that could work out nicely! I know I could just have any muffler shop put it in but I like doing things myself so this might be cool. Now I have to decide which system to get however. I'm currently thinking Calmini Side Exit but I don't know how their pipe's finish will hold up in the winters here. Otherwise, Borla will be the way to go but I don't like the tip on it so who knows!

#316924 - 05/09/03 07:00 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
I'd still be up for this get together.
Green Machine bring your bike and we'll hit some trails out there.
Can someone post directions on the exact meeting place?

#316925 - 08/09/03 11:16 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Mapman Offline

We are meeting in the North East area of Busse Woods. Here is a link to a map of the forest preserve. The area we will be meeting includes groves one, two and three on the map. Because we don't have a reserved area we will be meeting wherever there is an big enough open area that has plenty of parking. I drove through the area this past weekend and there were a couple of spots that met these criteria even with 4 or so BIG groups present.

Busse Woods is located between Schaumburg and Elk Grove Village. Here's a mapquest MAP of the area, just zoom out for a wider view. If you are coming from the south or North, get to Rt. 53 and exit at Higgins Rd and head East. If you are coming from the city and are taking 90, you can exit at Arlington Heights Road and then head South to Higgins where you will turn right. A handy landmark to let you know your at Higgins is the large fenced area containing live Elk. The area we will be meeting in is closer to Arlington Heights Road, so if you are coming from Arl Hts Rd it'll be the first entrance on your right. If you are coming from Rt. 53 it's I think the 3rd entrance on the left/North side of the road. I am going try to make a sign to mark the entrance with a big X on it.

Lastly we need some volunteers for grills and food. My thoughts are to Bring Your Own Food and Beer, but we'll need a grill? I have a small propane one, but it struggles with too much meat!

#316926 - 08/09/03 04:37 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
pinoy Offline

Sounds good... I'll be there with a case of bud light and a bucket of kfc chicken.

#316927 - 10/09/03 04:56 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I'm gonna try to make it. Not sure if I can though. Work and school sucks.

Thanks for the PM EAP. I wouldn't have know if otherwise.

#316928 - 10/09/03 05:34 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Mapman Offline

Hey no problem, that's what moderators are for, well that and yelling at people, and deleting posts and I guess I'm not much use am I?? confused But it's fun trying to get everyone together every once in awhile! laugh

#316929 - 11/09/03 08:07 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Mapman Offline

It looks like we might have scattered showers this Saturday so if anyone has a shade tent or something along those line it might be a good idea to bring them along! I have a shade tent I plan on bringing but it's not very big.

I am thinking that if it looks like we are going to have really bad weather maybe we can have an alternate meeting location near Busse woods. There are a bunch of bars and resturants that would work, what does everyone think of that idea?

#316930 - 11/09/03 03:59 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Bowski Offline

sounds good. Hopefully the weather holds true but if it sucks pick someplace and give us some directions. ,,, Paul.

#316931 - 12/09/03 06:09 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
Well there is the Currah (sp) the Irish pub. Hooters, Gameworks, RAM...If its raining I wouldnt mind hitting up anyplace with a TV so I can watch the Notre Dame vs. Michigan game!!

Go ND!!

#316932 - 12/09/03 11:27 AM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Bowski Offline

HOOTERS!!!! sounds good to me. If it is raining we'll meet up at hooters [Too much XOC] at 1 oclock. Its located at Hooters Page off golf rd in the Woodfield Mall Parking lot. See You Tommorrow at Busse Woods or if weather is incliment we'll meet at Hooters. Later Paul.

#316933 - 12/09/03 06:05 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Green Machine Offline

Pinoy-
I will probably not be bringing my Mt. bike.
It is still filthy from Moab. Unless I have some time tomorrow to clean it up.
I may bring my road bike, I think that the trails there are paved?
Also I am planning on doing a century ride on Sunday so I may not be up for a ride anyway.
I went to Moab from Gox left Thurs. am and took off a couple of extra vacation days, it was great.
I have been busy with school and other stuff all week.
I may bring my kayak and check out Busse lake.

#316934 - 12/09/03 06:17 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
Green Machine Offline

Does anyone know the bike trails?
It was my understanding that they are paved?
I only have a small propane grill and it's pretty nasty.
Was anyone bringing a large grill?

#316935 - 12/09/03 07:08 PM Re: Chicago Area Get together on 13Sep
pinoy Offline

I'd say we all meet up at busse woods even if it is raining and then convoy out to hooters together if necessary, less confusion that way. Plus it would look pretty cool to see a bunch of xterras' in a convoy headed out there.

Mike, Moab? Did you end up going out there with the AZ. group? I'm Sooooo... jealous! I want to hear all about it cool . After the Calmini bbq I had to jet back home and left with James (guy with the black X). You might want to e-mail him, he took a cool video clip of you at either engineer or imogene pass (can't remember which) but I'm talking 3 wheel stance laugh . One tire was about one and a half foot off the ground. It was a nice articulation shot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal