2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316939 - 21/07/03 08:23 PM Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
Okay, I'm starting a new post since the other one was a bit long...

Who is in for the run this weekend? What time is everyone showing up on Friday? Are people still bringing their better halves?

So far things are looking are looking good for me getting out of here this weekend. I still have to make sure I get my paper finished and presentation ready for next Monday. Holly has to get out of work too, but (knock on wood) that shouldn't be a problem.

If we can get out of here Friday I'll probably be stopping at the Leinie's brewery in Chippewa Falls since Milwaukee is just a little too far for this weekend. So, I'll probably be arriving at around 6:30. Which reminds me, how do I get there? Coming from MN, I know I'll be going West on US 8 when I get close. But that's about all I know. Can anyone shed some light on that for me in non-GPS terms? I guess I could just look up the coordinates - but I'm lazy.

#316940 - 22/07/03 07:31 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That post was getting nice and long. Norah and I are coming up Friday during the morning. We're going to try to get the primo camping spot. If not, there's a couple of other nice ones right there. We plan to head up in the morning, it's a two hour drive for us, so we should be there before lunch. We'll set up camp and be chilling when Gator pulls up with camper and lil' ones later that day. On Friday night we plan to do a little darktime wheeling. Saturday we'll spend wheeling and checking out the waterfalls, swimming near some of them. Hmmmm... Some of them are tube-able. I might swing past fleet farm and pick up an inner tube for some fun.

Since you're coming from the West, check out this map to Goodman.

Once you're in Goodman, head east on 8, south on Parkway road (Brown sign says Road to County Park)then hang a right onto the road on the map below that brings you a little west, then cuts back north. When you cross the Harvey, you'll see us.
We'll be monitoring FRS Channel 10.

harvey map

#316941 - 22/07/03 08:32 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Yes, I think the thread was getting a little long there! We camped this past weekend, and I pulled my back frown . The wife had to drive the X and camper back home. Today I am finally back to work and very stiff. I am keeping my fingers crossed though.
Matt, my wife has to work. I am bringing Devon and Natasha though. I promise Devon won't put the camcorder in anyone's face like he did in Hayward.
I can bring a tube and a pump also. Sounds like fun. This old dude will have to stay off the tubes though [Crybaby] .
Dan

#316942 - 22/07/03 10:31 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, everyone is falling apart. I won't though, the trailer took my portion on the way home from Ohio by almost throwing a wheel. Luckily we caught it in time, with the help of another motorist, to salvage the wheel and make it home. There just aren't any good places to work on a trailer on 94 just west of Miller Park laugh . Oh well.

Get better quick Gator! Or else you'll have to drink beer to dull the pain.... I don't know if that was an incentive or not. cool

#316943 - 22/07/03 08:32 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
catering chef Offline

Loc: Burnsville,MN
HEy guys. I just found someone to work for me this weekend. Do you mind if I off road with you guys? I will leave the twin cities on Friday around 1100. are the gps coordnates from the long tread still correct? I will be glad to do some cooking for everybody!! laugh

#316944 - 23/07/03 04:17 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome aboard man! We'd love to have ya' along. The coords where we'll be camping are 45°33.966" × -88°19.734" Check out the two maps above for the road that gets us there. We'll be waiting with a cold beer in hand. We're going to do a little night time wheeling on Friday night after dark, so it'll be interesting.

Glad you can make it! laugh

#316945 - 23/07/03 08:37 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Excelagator Offline

Ok, I got home last night. Cleaned and semi packed the camper. Checked lights, Loaded and cleaned the X. Also asked for Friday totally off. So If everything goes, I should be there around 12-1 Friday afternoon. I may need some help unhitching the camper.

Brandon, I need lots of beer to dull the pain! [Too much XOC]

Chef, glad to hear your going. [Wave]

Dan aka "me bodys fallen apart"!!

#316946 - 23/07/03 02:21 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dan,

Worry not about the unhitching. We'll be able to handle it. I'm thinking on leaving here about 9'ish to put us there around 11am. I'm crossing my fingers about getting the primo spot. I just hope that someone hasn't dragged their camper there and set up a week long bivouac. Ahh for the days when you needed 4x4 to even get to this place......

There will be plenty of other places to go 4x4 though. We tend to find them. wink

This is going to be fun with four X's.

#316947 - 24/07/03 08:34 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Excelagator Offline

Ok, this old guy is feel better, like a spring chicken NOT!!! [Spit]

Matt, I will have my cell phone. I will e-mail to you. If we have signal there it will help. I know in Hayward we tried and did'nt work. Along with Brandon I will keep an eye out for you. See ya guys friday afternoon. Brandon around noon.
Dan

#316948 - 24/07/03 09:09 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

Thanks, Dan. I'll be monitoring FRS 10 when I get near the spot. Provided I turn off on the right road (which it looks like I'd need to be an idiot not to with the directions Brandon sent - just wait... smile ), I should be able to contact you guys to be sure I'm in the correct place.

As it turns out, Holly could not get off work early. So, we will be skipping the brewery tour on the way out frown . Maybe on Sunday we'll have a chance though. In any case, I'm guessing we'll be there around 9:00. That's a little late, but we should still have enough light to set up the tent and maybe even eat a little something before wheeling.

Chef, sorry we're leaving so late. It would have been nice to caravan out, but I'm sure we'll have a chance to BS when I get there. Anything that I need to bring??? One of these trips I'll have a system set up to transport beer and can bring some for everyone - unfortunately, it's not going to happen this time. frown

See ya tomorrow.

Matt

#316949 - 24/07/03 02:35 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got that base covered. I made up an ugly red white and black sign that says "Mad City XOC" with an equally ugly arrow pointing right. I'm going to post it at the dirt road you'll turn onto when you turn off the parkway. From that sign, the camping is less than a quarter mile. My brother just called and said he's coming to meet us on Saturday at Noon. He's bringing Nicole and the kids too. He drives a Ford, but we've got 'im outnumbered. [Spit]

It'll be a great time. See all of you there!

#316950 - 24/07/03 03:40 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
catering chef Offline

Hey, what does everybody want for dinner/supper?

ribs, chicken, burgers, brats?
I will be glad to cook dinner, If I don't get lost!! laugh

#316951 - 24/07/03 04:19 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

Chef, I know it's not much help, but I'll eat just about anything. I was planning to bring burgers myself - maybe some brats. And of course beer. laugh

#316952 - 24/07/03 06:57 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got brats, beer, chili, jambalaya, bacon, sausages, etc. I'm bringing a cast iron skillet that we can do just about anything to. It's nice and durable for a campfire.

Chef, if you want to show your expertise, why not make up some chicken? I think that most Americans with a pulse like chicken. Plus whatever you make is sure to be damn good! There, I set the bar for you. wink

Cell phones.... I use US cellular, and there's a place where I can get service at the Harvey. I have to stand with my left index finger and thumb touching the roof rack and my right foot extended at an angle perpendicular to the xterra's closed door and no greater than 90 degrees from the sun's apogee that day, but it works! [Freak]

Either way, if you get close enough, we'll all be on frs channel ten.

See you there!

#316953 - 24/07/03 07:09 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
catering chef Offline

If it helps be sure to stick out you tongue!! :p
How about chicken with some pasta and vegis with a light cream sauce with fresh basil fo saturday night?
I'll have frs on channel ten. cb on channel 4.
[Wave]

#316954 - 24/07/03 09:53 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by catering chef:

How about chicken with some pasta and vegis with a light cream sauce with fresh basil fo saturday night?
Oh man, that sounds WAY TOO good for camping! Awesome. I'll bring some extra beer. My fridge needs cleaning out. It's not the best stuff on the planet (although it says "premium" on the can :rolleyes: ), but it should work if we run out or need some to cook with.

Matt

#316955 - 25/07/03 04:08 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of us will roll out of there ten pounds heavier after this weekend. The gross weight shouldn't change much, since ten pounds of beer will also be consumed and....processed.

The bill of fare is certainly a step or two up from what I've usually eaten while camping. Let's see. Chicken and pasta with a light cream sauce, or GORP.... It's one of those highly polar decisions. laugh

#316956 - 27/07/03 03:53 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, that chicken was good! The water crossing was a lot of fun, the powerline runs at night are great. Getting wild in the gravel pit, a blast! Campfires, cold beer, campsites with our own personal creek, wilderness forests, paths diminishing into tunnels through the trees that no one has traversed in years..... Well, it's almost like fun in these respects.

Glad to meet all of you; Dan, Scott, Matt & Holly, Jesse. I especially liked the lumberjack games. Log tosses are always a good time. We've got to do it again. Maybe the Black River Falls area. It's sort of centralized to us all.

When I get the pics developed I'll scan them and post them on my webpage.

#316957 - 28/07/03 05:00 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Even thoough I was only able to make it up for a short while, it was great to finally meet all of you as well. I should have just said F@#$ that freestyle motocross show Saturday night. It was a good show but, all I had on my mind was mud runs and finding trail endz [Too much XOC] ohhh and of course BEER [Spit]
It looks like I will be heading back up there this weekend to take in some more wheelin.

#316958 - 28/07/03 05:55 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
catering chef Offline

Had a great time. Thanks for letting me come along. Hope everyone had a safe drive home. Madcity is a great group!

Thanks for all the fun!
chef [Wave]

#316959 - 28/07/03 08:43 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Excelagator Offline

Thanks Brandon for inviting us and doing a great job of navigating. Your knowledge of the area shined. Great also meeting Scott and Jesse. Scott, had a great time wheelin with ya. The cooking was awesome :p Matt, great seeing you again. Hope to see ya this fall.
Dan

#316960 - 29/07/03 02:56 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

Thanks guys. We had a great time, and it was nice to finally meet some of you guys - Jesse, Scott, Brandon. Hopefully sometime soon I can get some of the pictures developed and I will try to post them here. See you guys in the fall.

Matt

#316961 - 29/07/03 09:44 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
If anyone has pics send em to me and I'll post em. [Wave]

#316962 - 30/07/03 10:33 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got my pics scanned and sized, all I need to do is post them on my site. I'll link to them from the pics forum. Feel free to add them to your site if you'd like.

________Dan Warning________

If you are Dan's wife, do not read below this line! Dan, those pics of your negotiating the rock while coming around the tight curve prior to the water crossing are excellent! Great spotting done by Scott and Matt.

#316963 - 30/07/03 12:27 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
if you guys go up in the fall when its colder, i'm there.

#316964 - 30/07/03 02:06 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great to have another inductee. I think we should make the jump into a manditory confidence booster. Dan and Tash know what I'm talkin' about laugh . I've got the pics posted on my website. Click on my footer to go there now. Here's a small one.

#316965 - 30/07/03 04:33 PM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Excelagator Offline

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Damn, that is a good looking X! [Spit] J/K I think I could of driven the powerline trail all day. I guess it is something about seeing endless trail before you, and finding where it goes. Must be that "little kid thing" in all grown men. laugh
Brandon, great job on the pics and write up. The water crossing is sweet!(emailed it to my Wife) [Uh Oh !]
Dan

#316966 - 31/07/03 07:48 AM Re: Crivits, WI weekend (26th)
Western Brewer Offline

It will probably be a little over a week before I get my film back and have a chance to get pics posted. In the meantime, I have a crude web page set up with pics from Hayward and a run in the mountains of WY over Memorial Day. The link is in the pics section or here .

Enjoy.... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal