Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316999 - 17/10/03 10:18 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
Okay, I'm assuming we are going to camp somewhere in the forest where we can find a spot. Likely one of the places mentioned above by Dan will be our home next weekend.

Now, do we need to get camping permits? How about a cutting permit for a fire? Also, I'm planning to bring a few homebrews on this trip finally. Both of the kinds I have on tap now are dark, one is heavy and sweet (somewhat stout-like), the other is similar to a brown ale (like Newcastle, but not as sweet). Is anyone interested? How much should I bring, and which kind?

Matt

#317000 - 18/10/03 08:19 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
I like both so it's up to you. I am not bringing chili this time. Lee is coming up friday morning with me. we are leaving Madison around 7am. I'm picking up odds and ends now. Gonna finally do the front wheel barrings tomorrow so they will be fresh and just got an oil change. There is that lake we went around by the stumps I have it marked in the gps. it had nice sandy beach areas perfect for camping. I will call Monday about permits and fire. [Wave]

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

#317001 - 18/10/03 09:35 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
KJed Offline

Loc: twin cities
Will I be able to get a camper in there?
Tom

#317002 - 19/10/03 06:09 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

yes, there was a fire road to that area. Unless it rains and the roads gets messy then we will go to the Two Lakes Campground .

#317003 - 19/10/03 06:50 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
KJed Offline

It sure would be nice to camp in the same area. I can envision problems trying to communicate with everyone on trail departures, arrivals,etc.. I game for pretty much anywhere I can fit my RV. I'll be leaving on Fri in the AM. I just need to iron out directions.
Tom

#317004 - 20/10/03 08:36 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Sorry I won't be there. Got to go up north and cut and weld on my camper.

Have Fun, Dan

#317005 - 20/10/03 08:13 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJed:
It sure would be nice to camp in the same area. I can envision problems trying to communicate with everyone on trail departures, arrivals,etc.. I game for pretty much anywhere I can fit my RV. I'll be leaving on Fri in the AM. I just need to iron out directions.
Tom
Tom, I'll post directions and GPS/topos tomorrow. I sent everyone a long letter but I don't think it made it.

PS added to list:
homemade Khalua for black/white russians.

PSS
OK I have links up with pics and maps.

Pics and Maps if you scroll down a little there is a good map with coordinates. Also check out the satilite photos in xcursions

#317006 - 21/10/03 11:32 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Western Brewer Offline

I was going to send out a picture (map) of where we are going, but it turns out it's 17Mb, so I think I'll just wait...

But, we are going to be near the "Northwoods National Scenic Trail" this weekend. Is there anyone who would be interested in hiking a bit of it? Is anyone familiar with where might be the best area to hike in? Just an idea.

I now have the ability to look up coordiantes to find you guys, so I shouldn't have a problem finding you this weekend, just keep me posted. I will probably be getting to Hayward/Cable Friday night sometime. I don't know when I can get out of work for sure, but hopefully it will not be too late.

I will bring all of my camping stuff. This will include a can of pepper spray which I hope we don't have to use and a rope for treeing food. Can we really not put it in the X (provided we are camping a ways from it)? Either way, I'm sure we can make it work.

Now for the beer.... I don't know if I will have time to bottle anything, so I might just have to bring what is left in the keg. I'll probably bring the dark heavy beer. Unfortunately, it's not the best I've ever made, but it's beer!

That's all I can think of at this time. Let me know if I need to bring anything else for anyone.

Matt

#317007 - 21/10/03 07:01 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
KJed Offline

Chris,
I will bring my manual winch with me. It is a superb piece with 30 ft of cable and a 8000lb pull rating. I have personally pulled out one very stuck Exterra with it. I will also have 2 40ft 40,000 lb straps along with the typical axe,shovel.hatchet,saw,etc.
I can store some of the food in my camper. It is not huge,but I am willing to get your guy's extra smelly stuff locked up in the camper. God forbid if things should turn tragic, I do carry a high caliber firearm with me.
Please email me the rest of your phone #. I didn't get the area code. I will do same.
Tom

#317008 - 21/10/03 09:13 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

Yeah I've heard fireworks work good. Pepper spray is a good bet too.

#317009 - 27/10/03 10:12 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

How was the trip?
Dan

#317010 - 27/10/03 03:04 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

I bet you guys stayed up there! [Spit]

#317011 - 28/10/03 02:16 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Western Brewer Offline

It was fun! There were some cool roads and some difficult hill climbs. All in all, no real damage. Chris bent a step rail and I have a really cool pin stripe all the way down my passenger side, but other than that no damage ON the trails.

... Tom has a different story though. I think his might be best reserved for a campfire, or at least a black comedy for which he would likely make some serious money selling the rights.

People did a pretty fair job of killing off one of my kegs, even though it wasn't my best work. And other than losing my pocket knife and being a little cold it was an awesome trip! If we beg nicely Chris might post some pics, but alas I do not have any to share. Sorry.

Hope to see you all in the spring! [Wave]

Matt

#317012 - 28/10/03 02:57 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

Matt,
Sounds like you guys had a great time, except for the some trail damage. It sounds like you guys found that trail we went night wheeling on. It is a techical hilly trail. I will email you the map. Thanks Matt. now you got me curious now!! confused ?

I sure if you guys polished a keg it was a good time. I was just south of Wausau, friday night was not to bad for weather. Saturday night was just damp and cold.

Dan

#317013 - 29/10/03 09:52 PM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

The comment from the locals were bears to hell with bears it's the damn mice that will piss you off!

Mice FREAKIN' MICE EVERYWHERE! I have 177 pics and need to scale them down for the net. Poor Tom, what a trip. Atleast he made it home, I hope. [Uh Oh !] We had a little damage, the step rail was bent back towards the back wheel by a log. other than that just muddied her up a little. We found some great trails on Sunday again, always on Sunday. In the spring we are going out early, 8amish on Sunday to get in a full day. We did not wheel at all on Friday. It was very nice thought the campground in the national forest was the best and free. we are going to stay there next spring. it is in a good spot. I will definatly post the picks tomorrow.

SOME NOT ALL PICTUREDS ARE UP!

http://www.maximusdelirious.com/ GO TO XCURSIONS THEN CABLE-SEELEY 10-24-03

#317014 - 31/10/03 07:35 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
NIce Pics! I wish I could have made it

there was even a lil bit of snow, now I have the itch for winter even more.

Hopefully my shoulder heals up before the ski hills open

#317015 - 31/10/03 08:30 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

Great Pictures Chris!!! wink Were there mice running everywhere, getting in tents? I really wish I could have gone, just too many things going on now. Below is one of the projects I have been working on. None the less, maybe a good laugh! [Spit]

"Duct Tape Lodge"

Dan

#317016 - 31/10/03 09:25 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
maximusdelirious Offline

Tom was infested, he became the great mouse hunter.

we had them running all around camp in the food.

after the night run I counted like 20 of em cross the road on the way back to the campground.

#317017 - 31/10/03 09:40 AM Re: Hayward trip changed to Oct. 25th
Excelagator Offline

Did he "cap" a couple?
Dan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal