2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317020 - 07/03/04 03:02 PM chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Guys. I have noticed alot of people from the Chicago area on here, but all the gatherings are far enough to make it a pain to get to meet or do anything. So just a raise of hands would work to see how many might like to gather around the area somewhere. maybe for a camping trip or something. Just curious??

#317021 - 07/03/04 09:17 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

See....This is what I like about living in Crystal Lake...It's close enough to get together with the Wisconsiners, and yet it's also close enough to get together with the Chicago area Xers.

I'm in.

#317022 - 08/03/04 06:44 AM Re: chicago meeting??
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Just a little notice, and I'm there! Every time I see an X around here I look to see if there is an XOC sticker or any mod's to show their involvement. To date, I've only seen one silver X with a Calmini sticker on the air dam (couldn't tell if it actually had anything from them), but countless other stock x's roamin' around. See you all soon

#317023 - 08/03/04 07:18 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
What would everyone think about getting together just local at first then maybe discuss a spring trip? I was going to mention this awhile back but I have been really busy putting my house back together and getting sick.

What we've done in the past and seeing as everyone is scattered pretty widely around the Chicago area (downtown, Oak Park, Crystal Lake, etc) has been to meet in the Schaumburg area. This has always seemed to be the most central and easiest area to get to for everyone involved. If anyone else has any ideas, let them be heard!

We could also discuss starting a Chicago based club if that would interest anyone?

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#317024 - 08/03/04 10:29 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm game for Schaumburg. It's only a 30-120 minute drive depending on the time of day and the traffic!! wink

(Actually, average time travelled is about 40 minutes laugh )

#317025 - 08/03/04 12:38 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
I'm all for forming a chicago Xterra owners group.
There are alot of ideas to share but at this time I will keep them to myself until I get my thoughts collected and structured. Personally I'm tired of trying to build relationships with other clubs inorder to go wheeling these other clubs are vehicle specific. By the way they don't drive xterra's! The chicago land rover club just had a run up to Lake Geneva this weekend I posted on their board to find out if we would be welcome, I'm still waiting for a reply. Firewalkers4x4 club was great to us when we went on the 28th of February but they are jeep specific. However they were nice enough to stay in touch and let me know of future runs they are making and I am welcome to meet them there. I WANT A CLUB OF MY OWN!

Here is the deal you want to meet in Schaumburg pick a night. Pick a spot. I want monthly meetings. I want How to events. I want to go wheeling. I don't want to just sit at a bar and drink beer with a bunch of people that have a truck just like mine sitting in the parking lot. I want a family type enviroment. I want sponsors/dealerships to back what we do. I want a website so that we can attract more people so we can organize more events, get discounts at 4x4 shops I could go on and on. Anyhow Maggiano's has a set of banquet rooms upstairs with a bar this might be a good place to meet, or anyplace else that we can have a group meeting and everyone can hear one another. If it comes down to it we could meet at my studio in Libertyville and order pizza. I don't care but lets get this thing going! We all bitch about not having a club lets get off our dead you know whats and do this thing!

#317026 - 08/03/04 05:46 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Sorry did I scare every one? Come on. No comments. What does every one else want?
Speak up, show hands, something. HELLO! laugh

#317027 - 08/03/04 07:12 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would really like to get together as well. But from my past experiences with car clubs, i feel left out.. Most sit there do nothing, or go to a bar. Drinking isnt for me, and im not even of age yet.

I want to get with people and as u said above broncox a family envoriment. I'm really up for a camping trip, or outdoor type events. I really dislike the city and do whatever possible to get away, when time permits.

#317028 - 08/03/04 11:08 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by broncox:
Here is the deal you want to meet in Schaumburg pick a night. Pick a spot. I want monthly meetings. I want How to events. I want to go wheeling. I don't want to just sit at a bar and drink beer with a bunch of people that have a truck just like mine sitting in the parking lot. I want a family type enviroment. I want sponsors/dealerships to back what we do. I want a website so that we can attract more people so we can organize more events, get discounts at 4x4 shops I could go on and on. Anyhow Maggiano's has a set of banquet rooms upstairs with a bar this might be a good place to meet, or anyplace else that we can have a group meeting and everyone can hear one another. If it comes down to it we could meet at my studio in Libertyville and order pizza. I don't care but lets get this thing going! We all bitch about not having a club lets get off our dead you know whats and do this thing!
Well...What kind of things would we do that is "hands on". If we help each other out with lifts and mods and such, won't we need a rather large, fully stocked with tools, garage? Where would that go? Who has the time to design and maintain a website? It takes a TON of work....not all sites are self sufficient. Dues? Would there be any? What would they be? Do we hold every meeting at Maggianos? I am good friends with the owner's son of Jim M'Lady Nissan here in CL. We may be able to get some support from them. Did I miss anything? I'm all for it, but it's gotta be all or nothing.

#317029 - 09/03/04 10:44 AM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Well...What kind of things would we do that is "hands on". If we help each other out with lifts and mods and such, won't we need a rather large, fully stocked with tools, garage? Where would that go? Who has the time to design and maintain a website? It takes a TON of work....not all sites are self sufficient. Dues? Would there be any? What would they be? Do we hold every meeting at Maggianos? I am good friends with the owner's son of Jim M'Lady Nissan here in CL. We may be able to get some support from them. Did I miss anything? I'm all for it, but it's gotta be all or nothing.

How often are we going to be putting a lift in? Once maybe twice a year and that doesn't take a full service department to do. Changing oil, repacking bearings, mounting a C.B. Proper recovery tools and how to use them. Proper off road driving techniques. We sould have a place to meet and try to stick to it Jim M'Lady would be a good start. so would McHenry county 4 wheel drive in McHenry. Dues Lets get a couple of meetings under our belts to see what people want and are willing to do. We could do canoe trips, outings to offroad parks, fishing trips, parades on the fourth of July. Community services like setting up parks or enter walk-a-thons for cancer. Pumpkin patches for the kids, A Christmas tree run in December. These are all things we could do. as well as a ton of other things and we could get group rates for alot of outing as well.
All of these things including the web site are things to look into and try to get going. People are willing to do amazing things if they are asked. laugh

#317030 - 09/03/04 12:06 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

Ok who wants to show me how to wire my off road lights???? Actually I got that covered, the 'ole Father-In-Law can do anything.

I think we need to agree on a geographical location to meet first and foremost, I only suggested Schaumburg because it was the most central to all those involved in the past. It might not be now, but from where I think everyone is located I think it still is. Also we should keep it simple in the beginning, let's just meet and get to know each other and talk about what we want for the club. Then start doing the things we discussed. It sounds like none of us have done this before so to jump right in without any experience is a good way to make sure it fails.

BroncoX, if you have been talking to folks in other clubs, ask them how their club is set up, this would be very helpful as a start for us!

I say let's strive for a day in April. This way it gives us enough time to pick a spot as well as enough time to plan for it. Plus the fact that I will be in Hawaii over 2 of the next 3 weekends and the other I have plans already! laugh

#317031 - 09/03/04 02:11 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Weekday evening works best for me how about. Thursday April 1st.

#317032 - 09/03/04 02:41 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would love to meet up with people in the area. A chicago Xterra club is a great idea. Schaumburg sounds like a cool spot to meet. Just let me know when. [ThumbsUp]

#317033 - 09/03/04 03:17 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

We would love to let you know when! in the mean time let us know what works for you!
ATTN;
Everyone says they are in, Please let us know what date may work for you. We can not make a decision without in put from you.
Thank you

#317034 - 09/03/04 04:51 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Ok Well.. I was started on the ttora(toyota tacoma version of the xoc) i had a website started and all kinds of fliers made up. But no one was to intrested in doing anything unless it was up in crystal lake and since i live in joliet it was not always to get there. Schuamburg would be good. I got some free time for now i can work on finding sponsors in the area. I aM open for doing it just about anytime but the week after Easter. I am not big on drinking either as the youngen pointed out, but caneoing would be great. I caneo down the mighty fox all the time.

#317035 - 09/03/04 06:24 PM Re: chicago meeting??
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Weekends works for me, and the closer to downtown the better(though nothings too far I suppose)

#317036 - 09/03/04 08:50 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to meet some other guys around here. And shaumburg sounds good. Weekends are probbablt best. Seeing as during the week, you gotta count on traffic, work, and other crap.

#317037 - 10/03/04 01:11 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does Saturday, April 24th sound? How about we meet at Johns Garage in Woodfield Mall, say around 4 PM??? confused John's Garage would be kinda fitting I guess seeing as this may be the start of a local chapter in the XOC. [Wave] Any objections?!? Any other ideas?!?

#317038 - 10/03/04 05:50 AM Re: chicago meeting??
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
That might work for me. A few buddies of mine are planning my bachelor's party and they where shooting for that weekend. [Smoking]

If it changes I'm in. I've lived in Schaumburg for 24yrs and never once been in Johns Garage. I've be curious since there is usually a line of people waiting to get in.

#317039 - 10/03/04 08:24 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, It was just an idea.....anyone else have any other ideas?

#317040 - 10/03/04 08:27 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

There is a problem with John's Garage, it's REALLY dark in that place and to my knowledge doesn't have any place for any kind of group meeting, except the bar area. It's also in Woodfield mall and depending on the weather, the parking could be worse than anywhere else, no matter what time of day. Trust me I live 5 minutes away and go to the mall or have to drive by it way too often!

Also if you want to meet anywhere close to the mall, the earlier the better.

As for an alternate meeting location in the Woodfield area, the only place I can come up with that has something for the kids if any show up, can accomadate a large group, people can drink IF they want, prices are resonable and has decent food is Gameworks. The only kicker is parking will still be a pain in the ass. As for Dates, any work for me...

OK there's my 2 (or is that like 5?) pennies on it all.... laugh

#317041 - 10/03/04 12:52 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

The one time I was at Gameworks it was loud as hell from the games. Do they have side rooms for parties or something? Also if I brought my son I would not be able to attend the meeting since I would be playing games with my son. Weekends do not work for me since I do the majority of my work at that time.

We are starting to get some where lets keep going. Does anyone else have any ideas?

#317042 - 10/03/04 01:03 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

The resturant area isn't too loud the few times I've eaten there. They do have a room in the resturant area that's semi-private, no doors, but seperate from the main resturant. Not sure if there is a fee to use it though??

BroncoX when would be best for you, I know you have probably the hardest schedule to work around???

Damn, I would offer my house up and end the issue of location, but my wife would have my balls if I did! Unless it was warmer and we could sit outside away from my insane dogs. wink

#317043 - 10/03/04 01:43 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Weekday evenings are best for me. I can close the studio for a evening. Weekends, there is no way on a Saturday or Sunday during the summer, weddings are priority. I'm more than willing to offer up my studio for meetings but Libertyville may be a bit far for some people. However parking is not a problem and we have good pizza in town. the studio is over 1,000 square feet so I have the room and seating. I'm also about 3 miles from 94 very easy for those coming from the city. from Schaumburg it's a little more of a hassle. Maybe forty min.
Gameworks is fine if they have a side room but for me it would have to during a weeknight. [ThumbsUp]

#317044 - 10/03/04 02:21 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

How bout we try doing a bbq at a forest preserve or something.. sine it looks like it would be late in april anyways. if it is during the week I can reserve a large field along the fox at the campground i go to often. they got a nice pavillion and a few grills. and for kiddies they got 2 pools.. one indoor and an outdoor. but the only thing is the drive. its near Ottowa, about 10 miles north of I-80 on rt 71. Just an idea i thought i would throw into the bucket. if we need we can do a few meetings and then work things out from there. i am sure that all clubs starts with problems of times to meet.

By my count we got about 8-9 owners interested so if everyone brings a friend or spouse it would be about 20 people we need to find space for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal