2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317122 - 26/03/04 11:04 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
I'm sorry I will not be able to make it. I need to stay home with my little guy and my wife who are sick. My little guy got sick middle of this past week and now my wife is sick. I would feel like crap if I went wheeling while they are suffering at home. Sorry if I let you guys down, since I'm the one that had this Idea in the first place. Please forgive me but family has to come first.
Hope you guys have a great time in the mud. Let us know how it goes.
best regards
BroncoX

#317123 - 26/03/04 12:27 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
And then there was 2 laugh

Why is everybody so afraid of the Badland laugh (just kidding) seems 90% of the runs there are always being canceled last minute for one reason or another.

rfritz let me know if yuo still plan on going, guess it'll only be two of us. If not I guess we'll plan on a run next time when more trucks can make it.

#317124 - 26/03/04 01:26 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Pinoy, I'm not afraid! laugh Hell, you are one of the 4 Xterra owners that I have met that should know I will try ANYTHING once. [LOL] Lake Geneva proved that one!

Two things contributed to me not going

1. I couldn't find someone to ride shotgun with me. I have to bartend tonight, and I wouldn't get home till around 3:30 tomorrow morning. Not a good idea to drive that far on so little sleep.

2. I messed something up on my truck Wed night/Thurs morn. Not sure exactly what it is, but it is only loud and rides rough when in gear. I'm thinking its driveline or tranny issues. I got most of the mud off today, and it helped a little, so it MAY be there is still mud and rocks trapped up near the driveline somewhere...I have no clue. I bought a 3 1/2 ton floor jack with jackstands last night, so I will be spending most of tomorrow under my X trying to figure out what the hell did.....if I can't figure it out, at least I'll clean the undercarriage [Too much XOC]

Sorry guys. Next run to the Badlands, I would like to get in it. lets give a little more advanced notice next time too if possible. My fiance would like to be able to come with sometimes too. [Wave]

Oh and BTW....HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRONCOX!!!

#317125 - 26/03/04 03:55 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by pinoy:
Everything looks good for me on this end. Just finished the install. So far the truck runs good.

What did you install?

Hawk, sorry to hear what happened....another chapter in the story of General Grabber. He will be back to fight another day!

BroncoX, do you have any status on the pics from Lake Geneva?

When you guys see people around with X's, make sure to direct them to the MXG website. We want to make this a big event. We are in the process of getting some pretty big sponsors.

#317126 - 26/03/04 05:35 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
pinoy Offline

Linconnellie, just put on a rear locker. Everything went smooth, except for working outside in the rain all day but I guess it was better than when I was installing the roof lights out in minus 20* weather. BTW, did you get the pics I sent you from the Geneva run?

Hawk, what exactly did you do to cause the noise? Does it happen only when in 4x4 gear or when the tranny is in gear? Hope it's not too expensive and you get it fixed before the midwet gathering

#317127 - 26/03/04 05:46 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hawk, what exactly did you do to cause the noise? Does it happen only when in 4x4 gear or when the tranny is in gear? Hope it's not too expensive and you get it fixed before the midwet gathering
It's with the tranny in any gear. It sounds like I seperated parts of the exhaust, but it is not as loud as I remember last time I needed an exhaust on one of my cars. Also, when at idle, the exhaust sounds fine, so I know it's not the exhaust. I high-centered it on a mud pile I was trying to descend(it was a 6 foot height difference from where I was to where I was going with a steep drop off in my path.....it high-centered on its way down).

We tried to get it free by jumping on the rear bumper to try to get some leverage. It was vibrating wildly, but I thought it was only because the tires were skipping, and not grabbing completely. My X had to be forcefully yanked off of the pile at an angle. It couldn't be done straight on, or from the back....frame was dug into the mud. I think I may have jarred something loose when tugging.

If anyone has any ideas of what it might be, it would GREATLY help and give me a starting point on where to look, and what to look for. [Wave]

ALSO, I need everyone's email addresses so I can send the pics of Lake Geneva I took as well.

#317128 - 26/03/04 06:05 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Linconnellie, just put on a rear locker. Everything went smooth, except for working outside in the rain all day but I guess it was better than when I was installing the roof lights out in minus 20* weather. BTW, did you get the pics I sent you from the Geneva run?

I got the pics...thanks man. Rear locker! Nice!

#317129 - 26/03/04 06:06 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
ALSO, I need everyone's email addresses so I can send the pics of Lake Geneva I took as well.
You have mine, right?

lincolnnellie[remove]@charter.net

#317130 - 27/03/04 08:49 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lincolnnellie, whats the [remove] for?

Pinoy, did you end up going to the Badlands? How was it?

I found out what the problem was.....I jacked up my car with the new 3 1/2 ton Craftsman Professional floor jack I bought laugh The transfer case was COMPLETLY encased in mud. I couldn't see ANY of it. There was mud EVERYWHERE. I ended up pulling out a pile about 4 feet in diameter and 8 inches high of solid dirt!! She runs like a champ again!! WOO HOO!!!

#317131 - 27/03/04 10:59 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

The remove is in there so I don't get spam...

#317132 - 28/03/04 02:05 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
broncox Offline

First off I asked if anyone wanted to go. Second I am not afraid of the badlands. My wife and son are sick my son has a fever my wife has no voice so it would have benn a little selfish to go and leave them at home I would love to go and I will go. However I will not leave my family high and dry so I can go wheeling. The whole reason I asked was so I could take my little guy. I love him and mom more than life itself. [Wave]

#317133 - 28/03/04 02:27 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
pinoy Offline

Pete glad you found the problem, sounds like you had mud tightly packed in there. eek

It wasn't my intension to step on anybodys toes about the "afraid of the Badlands" comment. I was just in a giddy mood at the time. I'm sure we'll have a run there in the future. cool Sorry if it came across the wrong way, I was just joking. laugh

#317134 - 28/03/04 03:50 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Pete glad you found the problem, sounds like you had mud tightly packed in there. eek

It wasn't my intension to step on anybodys toes about the "afraid of the Badlands" comment. I was just in a giddy mood at the time. I'm sure we'll have a run there in the future. cool Sorry if it came across the wrong way, I was just joking. laugh
Just because you have a rear locker now, doesn't mean that you can be an ass to everyone! wink laugh [LOL]

#317135 - 29/03/04 10:39 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
Hey everyone! Pinoy - my computer is at work and I left early on Friday, PM me so we can get #'s exchanged for next time. Anyway I went and instead of being greeted by Nissans, I was kind of welcomed by a parking lot full of the Chicago/Midwest Land Rover Club or something like that. At first I got the stink eye attitude as I cruised by the group, but I stopped to talk and ended up going with them to the quarry. A couple of them had "built" new and old school defenders. One guy had some kind of Uni-mog thingy, but most were stock Land and Range Rovers complete with "street" tires. One girl gave me shit about the X being "modeled" after the Land Rover. Whatever - fix your rust. A couple from Detroit and a few others were cool - cheers if you are reading this! Long story short, they stop TOO MUCH. We started a blue (easy) trail and after about five hills I said "see you guys later! I can't f&%K around and get out of the car after every hill. Anyway, I like the drive to and from Attica, so it was nice to get out of the house. I am going next weekend with the midwest xplorer people. Anyone in on this one? Here are 4 photos I took - By the way - the defender photos are of the Detroit couple, that thing was bad ass with everything you could imagine inside and out - my next vehicle for sure.

#317136 - 29/03/04 11:32 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pics! I wish I would have gone [Crybaby] My noise ended up being nothing more than about 6 inches of solid mud caked on underneath the chassis. Completely enshrouded the transfer case causing rubbing and the nasty vibration. With enough notice, I will GLADLY go on the next outing.

I know the Jeep guy and the Dodge guy that were supposed to go to LG with us go to the Badlands all the time, and the three of us are planning a couple of runs this Summer. I'll post when I have more info! [Wave]

#317137 - 30/03/04 09:21 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
pinoy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rfritz:
Hey everyone! Pinoy - my computer is at work and I left early on Friday, PM me so we can get #'s exchanged for next time. Anyway I went and instead of being greeted by Nissans, I was kind of welcomed by a parking lot full of the Chicago/Midwest Land Rover Club or something like that.
Damm, I PMed you but must have been to late. I'll PM you my # for future runs. Would have made the trip out if I new you were going for sure (more strenght in #'s to represent our junk) [Spit] ... Can't make it out this weekend got to work.

I'm shooting for Saturday, April 24. Chicago4x4 seems to be planning on headng out that weekend.

Linconnelie, now before you flame me (I'm just kidding) but [Finger] laugh laugh . It's a locked, mall cruiser.

#317138 - 30/03/04 10:02 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
rfritz Offline

Holy shit dude - I clean the under carriage after every wheelin trip! eek

#317139 - 30/03/04 11:14 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
broncox Offline

Pinoy, Sorry if I took your satement the wrong way. I was a little pist that I could not go. I was really looking forward to the badlands. Please forgive me guys I ment no harm. Looks like you guys had a great time. If anyone is up for a weekday run let me know. From here on out the next weekend I have off is not until August.

#317140 - 30/03/04 11:31 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I leave for a week and all hell breaks loose! Just Kidding...

Go figure, I miss another run! DOH! frown Someday I'll make it to the Badlands!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#317141 - 30/03/04 12:50 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
broncox Offline

Ya, me too. [Too much XOC]

#317142 - 30/03/04 03:44 PM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
Lincoln Offline

Where are the pics of the Unimog? Those things are sweet!

#317143 - 31/03/04 05:30 AM Re: badlands March 27th 2004
rfritz Offline

I don't know if it was one or not - I didn't get a photo of it, but I bet I will see it around since it has an Indianapolis plate on it. It also looked like an old land cruiser with a stake bed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal