shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320006 - 15/05/08 12:59 PM ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Phil emailed me the paperwork we need to fill out and send back, which I will take care of this weekend.

Phil said that a minimum of 4 people for 5 games are needed. if we have more than 4 people and/or work more than 5 games that is perfectly fine as well. We have the option of many things to do - ticket takers, ushers, drive people on golf carts, etc; The pay rate is 9.00/hr per person, looking at about 5 hours of work per game.

ASU Football HOME Schedule:

8/30 NAU (City of Tempe Night)
Tim, Lindsey, Harry, Georgie, Ramstein92(Scott)
9/6 Stanford
Ted
9/13 UNLV (Faculty/Staff Appreciation)
Tim, Lindsey, Georgie
9/20 Georgia (Champions Weekend)
Ted
10/25 Oregon (Family Weekend/Hall of Fame)
Ted, Tim, Lindsey, Adam, Joannie
11/15 Washington State (Homecoming)
Tim, Lindsey
11/28 UCLA (Senior Day)
Adam, Joannie

Would be nice if everyone posted up at least 1 day they could commit to 100% and maybe a second or third that are possible. We have the possibility of making about $200 per game we work or more...goes right to the club.

My thought is get the early season games, since it is freaking HOT out for wheeling. That way come fall, we can play when the weather is nice.

I will commit to 8/30 and 9/13. Possibly 9/20 as well.

We will use the clubs funds for whatever we vote for. Some have suggested a BBQ in the fall, Hats, Dave & Buster's, sponsoring an clean-up like the 4-peaks one. If you have an idea, present it at the meetings. smile

#320007 - 15/05/08 01:13 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not figured out my travel schedule that far in advance so it is a bit difficult for me to say for sure when I can do it, but August seems very likely. Is there a deadline before which you need everyone's info in?

#320008 - 15/05/08 01:21 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just need to know if you can the week before gameday. smile

Hope to see ya soon karlover007, good to see you are still kickin' [ThumbsUp]

#320009 - 15/05/08 02:10 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Just need to know if you can the week before gameday. smile That's good to hear, I've been struggling to figure out which day I can volunteer. I'm thinking about the latter dates at this time.

Hope to see ya soon karlover007, good to see you are still kickin' [ThumbsUp] X 2 [ThumbsUp]
Thanks Tim!

#320010 - 15/05/08 09:47 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its hard for me to say this early in the game but i will lend my services for the club. laugh i will be watching this thred for further updates . [Smoking]

#320011 - 15/05/08 09:50 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

i herd something on the golf [Freak] carts or was there another choice [Uh Oh !]

#320012 - 16/05/08 05:03 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
i herd something on the golf [Freak] carts or was there another choice [Uh Oh !]
They do need cart drivers, apparently. I will make it known that is our 1st choice of jobs. Second would probably be tickets??

#320013 - 16/05/08 06:10 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh wink

#320014 - 16/05/08 06:21 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm gonna order a NOS kit for a golf cart and hook my cart up!

#320015 - 20/05/08 09:50 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joannie and I will do the 10/25 and 11/28 dates.

#320016 - 21/05/08 02:10 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is the official Agreement to work sporting events at ASU, in it's entirety. [Freak]
The following personnel and/or professional services will include:

EVENTS - #1 and #2
1. Contractor is REQUIRED to work a minimum of 70% of the football games on the season schedule (5 OUT OF 7 GAMES). The Contractor MAY WORK MORE than the minimum requirement of games and is encouraged to do so.
2. Contractor is REQUIRED to provide the University with a minimum of four (4) individuals to work each of the required (5 games) football games during the 2008-2009 season.
3. Contractor must indicate prior to the start of the season which 5 games will be their required worked games.
4. Contractor MAY have any quantity of individuals work a game once the 5 game requirement has been fulfilled.
5. Contractor MUST provide the University with an estimated number of individuals that plan to work a football game twelve (12) days prior to the event.
6. Contractor MUST provide the University with the names of the individuals that are confirmed to work the event five (5) days prior to the event. This may be done either via email or fax. The names MUST be received in WRITING.
7. Should the Contractor be unable to meet the minimum number of individuals for the event required by the University, the Contractor must contact the University no later than eight (8) days prior to the event to make alternate arrangements for the game in question. The number that is agreed upon between the University and Contractor for the game in question is only valid for that particular game. A new required game must be chosen to replace the game in question.
8. For every required game that is below the minimum number of workers required that is not present at the event, the Contractor will be assessed a penalty of 10% for each of these individuals from the total wages earned by those individuals present at the event. (i.e., 2 individuals missing equals 20% deducted from total earnings)
9. Scheduled personnel will arrive at the north entrance of the Wells Fargo Arena for check-in at the designated time. Any person who arrives 1 minute after the scheduled report time may not be permitted to work the event. Tardiness will not be tolerated.
10. Should a scheduled individual be unable to work due to tardiness, the Contractor will be assessed a penalty of 3% for each person which will be deducted from the total earnings. If the individual is a repeat offender (2 tardies or more), a penalty of 5% deduction will be assessed from the total earnings.
11. Should the Contractor know prior to the event that a scheduled individual will not be able to make the report time and notifies the University no later than two hours prior to the event, the penalty will not be assessed and the individual will be eligible to work the event.
12. Contractor will work the entire scheduled shift and may request to work a particular location, but is not guaranteed that their request will be granted.
13. Contractor is REQUIRED to wear the following uniform: khaki pants, tennis shoes, event staff shirt, employee ID badge, and panama hat. The University will PROVIDE Event Staff Shirt, employee ID badge, and Panama Hat to individuals at every game.
14. Contractor will return Event Staff shirts and panama hats at the conclusion of each game. Contractor will be responsible for each lost shirt at the rate of $40.00 each and each lost panama hat at the rate of $15.00 each.
15. Contracted personnel will be REQUIRED to attend a Guest Service training session prior to working any event. Two types of sessions will be provided: Returner (has worked 3 or more football games during the previous year) and New (has never worked a game before or did not qualify as a returner).

Events #3 through #8
1. Contractor may work these events at their leisure.
2. No minimum numbers will be issued to work these events.
3. Sign-up for theses events will be on a first come – first serve basis. There is no guarantee that space will be available.
4. Sign-ups for these events will be taken two weeks prior to the event.
5. Each member MUST sign-up for the events themselves through staffing emails.

University will provide the following:

1. Stadium orientation/training for each individual regardless of being new or a returning member.
2. Event staff shirts, panama hats, Guest Services manuals and handbooks to the contractor.
3. Timesheets for each event that the Contractor works.
4. The pay scale will be as follows:
- $9.00 per hour per person.

This contract is subject to the conditions on the reverse and any addendum incorporated by reference, and is not binding on either party until fully executed by the Contractor and University.

Further, the Contractor acknowledges, by signature below, that any and all monies received for services, while in the employ of Arizona State University, does not directly benefit nor is involved in the funding of any high school interscholastic athletic program.

#320017 - 21/05/08 03:35 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, did you have to go to ASU to understand that?

Just seems like it is rehashing what we already knew. They sure are proud of those shirts @ $40 a pop.

Are we sure we want to do this? We could probably rake in more $$$ for the Club with some other kind of activity. TBD

#320018 - 21/05/08 04:53 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Wow, did you have to go to ASU to understand that?

Just seems like it is rehashing what we already knew. They sure are proud of those shirts @ $40 a pop.

Are we sure we want to do this? We could probably rake in more $$$ for the Club with some other kind of activity. TBD
You only have to pay $40 for the shirt if you LOSE it. There is ZERO cost to our group to participate in this...not sure if that was misinterpreted or not. wink

#320019 - 21/05/08 09:28 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
[b]Wow, did you have to go to ASU to understand that?

You only have to pay $40 for the shirt if you LOSE it. There is ZERO cost to our group to participate in this...not sure if that was misinterpreted or not. wink [/b]
No prob, just a looney after all the legalease. [Freak]

#320020 - 03/07/08 12:36 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there a pre-season meeting / orientation that we have to attend? I thought I had heard something about that but can't remember...

#320021 - 03/07/08 07:53 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have not heard anything back from ASU after sending our info in...should hear something soon, I would imagine.

#320022 - 12/07/08 03:32 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
It's great you guys are doing this for the club. I volunteered a few times doing the same thing while living in Eugene, OR (U. of O.)

Also, if you need shirts for the game on Oct 25th, www.goducks.com
has a few special ones left wink :

http://uoduckstore.com/spiritduck/details.cfm?id=3651§ion=2&all=yes

#320023 - 14/07/08 06:34 PM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sparky loves duck can you make a tailgate BBQ ? If not I'll bring a duck call.

lol wink

#320024 - 15/07/08 12:30 AM Re: ASU Football Game Volunteering
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I know I'm smack in the middle of Sun Devil country so I'll just have to wait for game day before spouting off too much more. wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal