Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32085 - 29/04/06 07:02 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

18-20 MPG, whether using the onboard computer, or manually calculating it. The computer tends to be off when first filling up, then gets more & more accurate.

A/T, running A/C, mixed driving.

Hey, better MPG than a Titan!

#32086 - 30/04/06 11:57 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mish:
Wi... I guess Nissan is not about fuel, it is about features and reliability.
Old post...but to me, reliablity is a bit more important than fuel economy. If one drives the same amount every month, he/she should know how much to set aside for fuel costs. I've had cars in the past that were excellent on the gas, but other parts were always breaking and I was always planning my weekends around making repairs. It's better to spend a few extra bucks fueling something reliable than to spend many more bucks keeping something running on top of fueling costs.

As for me, I seem to be averaging about 18 mpg so far. I've had my X only 2 1/2 weeks but have filled it up 2 times so far.

#32087 - 30/04/06 12:18 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by SE4X4:
Just noticed this in the manual.
If you leave your temp control set to defrost or defrost+leg then the A/C comes on (without the A/C button lit) and stays on even if you move it to another position later.
Is that true?

If it is true, how much would A/C being on contribute to fuel inneficiency?
Don't know about 2nd gen, but in my truck the AC goes off as soon as the position is moved away from defog. You can hear the compressor kicking in and out.

The compressor is much less aggressive when in this mode. It doesn't stay on as much as when it is used for hot summer cooling. The mileage might vary a bit, but not much. I can also feel a tiny bit less drop in throttle response (but I'm usually quite sensitive to stuff like that)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're suppose to run the AC every month anyway, for proper lubrication.

#32088 - 30/04/06 04:08 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Oh, but for a time machine my X would fit in. This is from 1936:

#32089 - 30/04/06 05:45 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, so I'm dating myself...

I remember the "gas wars" when I was a kid. I remember prices as low as 15.9 - 17.9 CENTS per gallon. This was only during the "wars" though. It usually ran around a quarter to 30 CENTS a gallon. And that wasn't really all that long ago (say 40 years or so). And this is "progress"?

Hey, if pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?

-G-

#32090 - 30/04/06 11:18 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from a 500mile round trip. 95% highway driving at @80 mph with air conditioning running on return leg. Averaged 21.5mpg - Thank God for 6th gear!

#32091 - 01/05/06 07:56 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Over the last month I have new plugs, timing belt, oil and filter, air filter...So, last trip I took on the highway (between 95-110 kph)....476 km/65 L = 297.5/14.3 gal = 20.8 MPG (13.7L/100km)...at $1.229 a litre it is still painfull and highways in newfoundland go up and down some big hills all the time....but not bad for a 6 year old truck with 31's, a 2"BL and 185,000 kms on it!

#32092 - 01/05/06 08:23 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only a few days old now. Trip computer says 14 MPG - but I am mindful that it still has less than 140 miles on the od. I am expecting that number to change dramatically after break in...

However, when I purchased it I knew that I would still be driving even if gas hit $10/gallon.

#32093 - 01/05/06 12:38 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just did a trip from my house to beach, beach back to house, and my MPG ( manually calculated ) is 22.6 MPG from the 05 X with 6spd. Used Cruise and ran 70-75mph on highways, had some town areas where speed changed.

#32094 - 01/05/06 08:13 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rangerdavid:
my experience is that synthetic motor oil really does help milage.......
Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

I didn't believe it myself until I experienced for myself the before and after results with synthetic. There is certainly a very noticeable improvement in MPG as well as performance. [Smoking]

#32095 - 01/05/06 09:43 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy:
Over the last month I have new plugs, timing belt, oil and filter, air filter...So, last trip I took on the highway (between 95-110 kph)....476 km/65 L = 297.5/14.3 gal = 20.8 MPG (13.7L/100km)...at $1.229 a litre it is still painfull and highways in newfoundland go up and down some big hills all the time....but not bad for a 6 year old truck with 31's, a 2"BL and 185,000 kms on it!
13.7 l/100km is not 20.8 USGAL, you're thinking imperial gallons.

100 / 1.61 / (13.7 / 3.78) = 17.1 mpg US

#32096 - 02/05/06 01:06 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:

Hey, if pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?

-G-
yes. Most of these congress men are in the oil business so there not going to do anything about the price of gas as they are making good money latly! Im just wondering when somthing will be done about these high prices?

#32097 - 02/05/06 01:08 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
Quote:
[b]my experience is that synthetic motor oil really does help milage.......

I didn't believe it myself until I experienced for myself the before and after results with synthetic. There is certainly a very noticeable improvement in MPG as well as performance. [Smoking] [/b]
how noticable? I could see maybe mpg but performance? oil wont give you more power.

#32098 - 03/05/06 05:38 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Arron:
Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
[b]
Quote:
[b]my experience is that synthetic motor oil really does help milage.......

I didn't believe it myself until I experienced for myself the before and after results with synthetic. There is certainly a very noticeable improvement in MPG as well as performance. [Smoking] [/b]
how noticable? I could see maybe mpg but performance? oil wont give you more power.[/b]
Acceleration feels noticeably smoother after the switch. Where before I began to feel a slight vibration/noisiness above 2000 RPM when revving up/accelerating to the next gear, the revs are now perfectly smooth/vibration-free and quiet up to around 2500 RPM.

I never expected that synthetic was even capable of providing any kind of significant boost in these areas (mileage or performance). So it was quite a pleasant surprise.

#32099 - 07/05/06 10:41 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hows this??? My X gets a whole 7 miles to the gallon..........ON THE GAS!!!!!!

#32100 - 02/01/07 01:42 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am getting 14city and 19 highway.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal