Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320244 - 14/07/04 11:08 PM Fun this Sunday
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Well Lake Fest fell apart. Oh well, I don't think it was the right time.

So we are tagging along with Dan and his old man up to Wickenburg to do Hasiampa. It will be early per Dan, but I don't know when yet. From what I've heard it is a great run and not to far.

Dan is there a lot of challenging stuff? I'm debating on changing out the tires.

#320245 - 15/07/04 04:24 AM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hassayampa is a nice run down a long river bed, (sand, not boulders) into a spring fed, shaded, picnicky type place. There are dirt hills to climb around on, but the real challenge is the "mistake mine" trail. Goes up about 800 ft on four switchbacks. Very steep, and very rough, definitely needs MTS or off road tires.. I'll be going up early like T said, maybe around 7.

#320246 - 15/07/04 09:40 AM Re: Fun this Sunday
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over

#320247 - 15/07/04 12:20 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
No seriously, why was this cancelled? frown

#320248 - 15/07/04 03:16 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

To clarify, LAKEFEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED eek

Quite irreverantly and inconsequentially coincidentally, the trip I'm making to Hassayampa on Sunday is on.

Thank you, and now please return to your regularly scheduled viewing entertainment.
[Smoking]

#320249 - 15/07/04 04:35 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
Yellow Gecko Offline

Sorry everyone who had plans to go. But no one got back to me that wanted to go. So it has just moved locations and times. Everyone is more than welcome to come out.

#320250 - 17/07/04 08:56 AM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question? Is all of the ride too hard for stock, or just an optional part. The girls and I would like to go, but I'm still stock :-(. If stock is ok, let me know when and directions to where. Dan. BTW, awsome early warning on the meeting next month. Wooooo hoooo!

#320251 - 17/07/04 10:54 AM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, a stock 4wd X wil be just fine down the wash. Airing down the tires will help with the sand travel, 22-18 psi will really help a lot, especially if they're stock tires. FRSradio 14-0. If you can/want, bring a picnic lunch as this is a very nice place to stop for a bit and relax in the shade.

[Smoking]

EDIT- Ahh yes, the directions. Go to Wickenburg (I-60 west). At the main intersection in town, make a right onto SR-93. Maybe 2-3 miles up from there is RINCON ROAD, make a right here. Folllow the road through the residential/ranch areas until it turns out into a sandy wash. (stop here to deflate tires) Follow the wash to the very end, splashing through the water along the way. The water is actually the Agua Fria River cominig up from underground in spots. It's a matter of inches deep here too, no snorkels necessary laugh

2nd Edit- Anyone interested in joining, we'll be having breakfast at the COCO's @ 9801 w. Bell Rd. 7:00

#320252 - 18/07/04 01:24 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Travis and Little Man, his two chicas, my Dad and nephew, all had a great time tooling through the sand, mud,and water in the Hassayampa. We got out early and beat the heat (most of it :rolleyes: ) We climbed some hills, mostly dirt, large rocks, and then parked in the shade of some cottonwoods growing by the spring and falls where the river comes up out of the ground. The guys tried but couldn't catch any frogs... On the way out we hit the Mistake Mine trail. A gnarly hillside climb up magma, and razor sharp shale, waiting to slice open your tires. We made it up good and stopped at the mine. I took the spotlight in this time and could now see the tunnels split, in two maybe 60 yards in. In the pich black (sans spotlight) the sound of what I'm assuming was bats, the smell of ammonia, and the way the ground appeared to be crawling in spots [Uh Oh !] , led to a hasty retreat. We followed the trail up to the summit, and drove it out of the canyon and out to civilization. The trail offers great views back to Wickenburg and as far north as Prescott. From the mine exit to the next paved road was maybe 1 1/2 hours, just creepin'. 10 minutes of asphalt later,we're back into Wickenburg and parked under a giant shade tree in a park to say adios. Definitely a place to re-visit sometime...

[Smoking]

#320253 - 18/07/04 08:05 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I couldn't make it up as early as the rest of you, but went in at about 12 p.m., hoping to still catch ya. The girls and I had a blast, stopping at the same falls (I have some pictures I'll try to figure out how to post later). We ran into a couple from up near Prescot who had gotten there late too (They drove an Atomic Orange 2002 4X4 and said Dan had been trying to get them to come out for awhile, but didn't know anybody). We chatted with them, then went up to the fence at the end. We ended up driving out and Jillian (7) and Cheryl (5) got their first chance to drive a car (my X up the wash). Needless to say, they can't wait for the next time we go. We then drove to Prescott had dinner at the Palace and have just gotten back into the valley. We had a blast, but are sorry we couldn't get there early enough to meet the rest of ya. Sounds like ya'll had fun.

#320254 - 18/07/04 09:34 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
blizzard Offline

Loc: Yarnell, AZ.
Well, I guess we got there too late to meet up with you too. Had a great time though. What a neat spot. Great to see water this time of year in a drought! Can't belive after living in AZ for 30 odd years, I've never been there. Only 30 miles from our house too.
Have you all been up Wagoner Road from 89 up to Minnie Haha flat to Crown King?
If not you should check it out sometime. Some pretty challenging going for about 10 miles. More of a boulder road, and you can see where the Hassayampa starts. Good meeting you and the girls Dano.

#320255 - 18/07/04 10:02 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
Yellow Gecko Offline

This is Dan going thru the water.

Let see if this works.

#320256 - 18/07/04 11:12 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Gecko:

This is Dan going thru the water.

Let see if this works.
Copy and paste this link:
http://img15.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img15&image=MVC-015S.jpg

eek

#320257 - 19/07/04 04:25 PM Re: Fun this Sunday
asteroid26 Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
oh man dan (and dbax!) that looks awesome!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal