Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32035 - 01/03/05 08:11 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently considered getting a 4 Runner so I was checking out the message boards there. You'll all be happy to know that the V6 and V8 motors are fairing no better than our xTerras.

Aloha,
Robert

#32036 - 01/03/05 09:41 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Germans do seem to manage higher fuel economy, mostly BMW, but they do not manage good reliability and reasonable maintenance cost.
What we need is those wonderful diesel engines to to hit United States. I would kill for Nissan Patrol Diesel!

#32037 - 01/03/05 09:54 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a bit of info... I just put my first tank of 17 gallons in when the light came on as I was pulling into the station. So like the old X, you have a 4 gallon reserve. Do the math yourself for how many miles that is :p

#32038 - 01/03/05 11:21 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

BMW knows how to make great cars, but you do pay for it when maintenance is needed (as I'm sure you know).

I've owned three SUVs (Jeep Cherokee, Land Rover Discovery, and now an '05 Xterra) and one wagon ('04 Volvo XC70). None of them got great fuel economy, but I know that's partally due to my lead foot, especially in the XC70. Overall I'm happy with 15mpg+ with mixed driving. I know this car is not going to have fantastic mpg, but it does have a nice large tank which will cut down on trips to the gas station somewhat.

#32039 - 02/03/05 09:28 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch, this seems to be a touchy subject for some...I was just trying to compare two trucks gas mileage and I know the window stickers numbers are useless. Thanks to those who posted their numbers.

#32040 - 03/03/05 11:31 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last night I stopped by Toyota dealership to check out new Taco and guess what, their 4.0L is still very noisy. Left bank rattles like an old Mazda. I guess new Xterra is still a number 1 preference for those who don't want to go too big and heavy.

#32041 - 07/03/05 09:25 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the decision is made and before you burst into flaming me let me thank you all for your input.

My 2006 Honda Ridgeline with Navigation is gonna hit our city on Friday. After driving everything available and weighing out all the options this vehicle won the contest.
Before you start on the ugliness of this truck, you should see the interior and the way it is put together. I have not seen such quality and convenience ever since I got out of Mercedes G500 a year ago at the local dealership (I was buying some parts there). Handling and brakes of this truck are simply amazing. I am sure it is far inferior to Xterra when it comes to off road, but
I am not getting off hard pavement too often.
2 final selling points were: large trunk under the bed (something that trucks were always lacking) and the huge 10" navigation screen with XM radio controls. Another thing that got me excited is handling, no matter how fast I went truck did not have any body roll and brakes were simply amazing.

#32042 - 07/03/05 09:37 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice truck. I'm sure Honda will sell as many as they can make.

Of course comparing that to the Xterra is apple to oranges.

10" screen, d@mn that's BIG! Did you have to pay any dealer markup? I hope not.

Back to the mpg discussion. wink

#32043 - 07/03/05 11:19 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I probably had to pay some markup, cos those are presold 3 months ahead, as usual with any new Honda product. My friend at the dealership was able to get me one with ugly swamp green color, due to some order cancellation and knocked $700 off MSRP, that was all he could do for me, so it is like $33.8something + towing hitch.

Funny enough Toyota dealership referred me to this model. I came to see that white Taco that was close to my requirements and salesman told me that I am in luck, because 2 days ago someone cancelled purchase of this unit and lost their deposit. I asked him why and he said, they got that terrible new Honda with that useless trunk under the bed. Next thing I knew I was at my good old Honda dealer checking our Ridgeline:)

#32044 - 07/03/05 11:30 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, here's my mileage with a 2x4 '05 Off Road, this is a mix of city and highway:

19.2 mpg

About what I was expecting.

#32045 - 07/03/05 11:32 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Someday you'll realize that the X was never for you, seeing that you went to a Unibody truck!!! Enjoy and keep it nice and pretty... Thanks for posting up Mish, you'll be missed - now go find that Honda board and happy travels! [Wave]

BTW - first tank of gas, an impressive 14.4mpg - I did let the whole club test drive it during that tank of gas so its possible everybody, including me were playing the heavy throttle foot game!

#32046 - 07/03/05 01:07 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:

BTW - first tank of gas, an impressive 14.4mpg - I did let the whole club test drive it during that tank of gas so its possible everybody, including me were playing the heavy throttle foot game!
Did you follow the break in procedures/suggestions which are usually no full throttle starts, stay out of the upper RPM range, no heavy braking (if you can avoid it of course)..

You must have been just itching to get this thing. :p

#32047 - 07/03/05 01:19 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Tryed to keep it under 70mph... and full throttle starts, well... hahhahah, tried!

Not too worried about the 14.4mpg, but I think it will balance out after getting the itch out!

#32048 - 08/03/05 06:40 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
My early returns on gas mileage were very encouraging, if the mileage given by the trip computer is to be believed. The best I could ever do with my 2000 was 23.9 mpg on the highway at 65 or under, tailwind, downhill, etc. Closer to 15 in town. First short highway trip exceeded 26 mpg, around town 18 mpg. Stomp hard on the pedal and go to 12.1 mpg really quick, though!

#32049 - 09/03/05 05:15 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got 17mpg on a trip on the first tank. My wife drove it on the next tank and got only 14mpg, which was around town driving. Shes not happy we got rid of an expidition that got beter than that. frown

#32050 - 10/03/05 06:28 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd stress again that it's kinda early to really get a good measure of gas mileage. Until the engine is really broken in, mileage is going to suffer, and that break in period can be a couple of thousand miles.

I will say that I've noticed my gas mileage has gotten better on my third tank of gas simply because I'm not as heavy on the peddle. It's fun to get the X up and going quickly, but it's a real pain in the ass for mileage. Go easy on the peddle and things will be better, this is especially true while breaking in the engine.

#32051 - 14/03/05 04:56 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I checked my milage. I did mostly two lane highway and interstate driving. I got 18.9. I don't think this thing will get 25 mpg doing 55 with a 40 mile tail wind.

#32052 - 14/03/05 06:05 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went on my first extended highway driving with my new X yesterday. I got about 18 MPG, which I was a little surprised at. I actually thought it would be less. Once the engine breaks in and loosens up some (I'm just over 700 miles now) it should improve nicely. I don't think the 20 MPG number is at all out of the question.

#32053 - 14/03/05 08:14 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My sticker said 25 mpg highway. I don't believe it. I have 1350 miles on mine. I would like to see the test conditions this number came from.

No passengers, indoors on a freewheeling dyno?

#32054 - 14/03/05 11:42 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Um... then you got a mis-printed sticker. I've never seen any X sticker claim 25 MPG. I think the 05 is rated at 22 MPG Highway with MT and 4x4 and 21 Highway with AT/4x4.

#32055 - 15/03/05 08:12 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stand corrected [Freak]

#32056 - 16/03/05 11:01 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

according to my trip computer....14.2mpg [Freak] [Huh?] [Crybaby] [ThumbsDown] confused

#32057 - 17/03/05 04:45 AM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trip this weekend, 300 miles got 18.1mpg. I guess its getting better. I did baby it though. When the guage is on the line I put about 16.5 gallons in it I guess I got alot of gage left spose to have 21 gallon tank right? smile

#32058 - 20/03/05 07:23 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trip this weekend Raleigh NC to Ashville NC and back. Mostly highway some city driving for 1.5 days in Ashville NC. Got 19.6 and filled up at the 362 mile mark. Based on what I have expereinced I think 21 miles to the gallon straight highway is very doable. This was my 4th tank of gas in the vehicle.

#32059 - 20/03/05 08:45 PM Re: What is the actual MPG everyone is getting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did some major highway driving last week attending a class about 70 miles from my house.

Driving around 70-80mph a good bit of the time.
A lot of that slow down to 50, back up to 70 crap that comes with Mass highway driving, too.
Got 18.7 MPG

I was gonna try to keep it at 60mph for one tank full, just to see if it would break the 20MPG mark, but I didn't have it in me laugh
Also, odometer hit 2000 miles today! Lovin' it!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal