shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320746 - 29/06/08 10:01 PM Crown King Fire
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
If you haven't heard, a couple of lost hikers started a signal fire outside Crown King and it quickly became a full out wildfire. Crown King has been completely evacuated and the fire was last reported half a mile from town. Residents said flames could be seen coming over the hill as they were evacuating.

A Sunday afternoon thunderstorm pushed the flames south, away from Crown King, but FD says the town is still in danger.

Hard to believe I was just there last weekend. The smoke from this fire was visible from Phoenix earlier today. I thought it was a giant storm cloud until I saw pictures on the news. My prayers are with the folks of CK.

#320747 - 30/06/08 09:20 AM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn - that'll close the back road trail for a few years if the Forrest service have anything to say. Without that trail, the town wouldn't get to much business I imagine. I hope this isn't the death of CK - I have yet to make it there.

#320748 - 30/06/08 10:01 AM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its not burning where the backroad is...it's southeast of town and headed for town.

I hope they get this one put out. The goddamned bark beetles decimated the timber up there so badly during those few dry years in the early 2000s, and it's all just kindling now.

Guess how this one started? If you guessed more stupid hikers starting a signal fire because they can't keep track of where they are, you'd be the winner. I hope they all do time for stupidity and not get off scott free like that stupid coont that started the Rodeo fire, who was trespassing in a closed national forest.

#320749 - 30/06/08 11:22 AM Re: Crown King Fire
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
So they forget to bring extra food and water, leave the GPS at home, have no idea how to use a map or compass, but remember to bring a lighter to an area that has more "fire danger extreme" signs than live trees... heeeere's your sign.

#320750 - 30/06/08 01:07 PM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beetles killing lodgepole pine by the acre here in Colorado.

#320751 - 30/06/08 05:43 PM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Her name is Valinda Jo Elliot BTW.

Out bopping her boss and trespassing. Gets lost and they separate because she's bopping the boss in the forest.

Wearing flip flops and a t shirt she lights a fire to get the attention of...

Wait this is the best part......

The helicopter covering only the biggest fire we've had

Which is why the forest was closed.

So both fires merged.

And she got off with no charges.

One day I will meet Valinda Jo Elliot I hope.

#320752 - 01/07/08 10:29 AM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by stone:
One day I will meet Valinda Jo Elliot I hope.
I foresee your foot getting stuck all the way to the heel in her box when you kick her in the coont.

#320753 - 03/07/08 12:32 AM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got back from vacation, and I can smell the smoke from the fire at my house (35th Ave. and Bell Rd).

#320754 - 03/07/08 07:29 AM Re: Crown King Fire
Anonymous
Unregistered

that was from 91st ave and baseline ted we had a verry large fire i think i herd 2500-3000 thats huge then it was 51st ave and dobins . the first fire was so huge it was snowing ash here at the shop in Scottsdale and all of the cars where covered

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal