2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320845 - 13/02/08 04:20 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
[b]I forgot to throw that it do Chivo redemption is a great thing. You fell off your bike when you were a kid right!!
Chivo's going to have to wait. I want to be built up a bit before 3 feathers.

And as far as riding a bike, I never had one that cost me as much, and lost it. The most I lost on one was about $150 that was stolen. But I understand the analogy and will hit that trail again, even if I'm sweating the whole way.[/b]
Adam, come visit!! go to firestone, put some shoes on, and come on the run on saturday![/b]
You know I would absolutely love to, however I have to do a complete inspection mechanically (so I don't break down and ruin the part again) and change all the fluids so I have a baseline of when they've been done. I don't think they changed the oil once since they bought it in Oct '07. They never even cleared the Trip Odo, it was at about 4,700 Miles.

#320846 - 13/02/08 05:31 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[ThumbsUp]
I've got shackles(PML), and rugged trails you can throw on right away..
Glad to hear you're back.
[Smoking]
hey am i still getting a set of shackles from ya??

#320847 - 13/02/08 06:34 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

congrats adam!!!

u still gonna make it out to bulldog in the buggy?

#320848 - 13/02/08 07:08 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grats dude - I knew you wouldn't be away for long. Awesome deal for an 03 4x4 with that kinda mileage etc.

Will trundle the 4Runner over for a Mod Day - I have some Torsion Bars and Wheel Bearings on order for her to go on myself laugh

#320849 - 13/02/08 07:11 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Big congrats anytime you need me Adam i am there....thanks for your help with my rig so now its time to return the offer.I think i have an extra set of mud-flaps for that rig you want then? laugh

#320850 - 13/02/08 07:39 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
congrats adam!!!

I'm still working on it and have a few weekends to go, as well as insurance/registration, so no, I can't. Besides, I have to work on the new X.

Thanks though!

I've got just about every guage you can have and it borderline, overboard. I had to rewire a bunch of stuff, that I didn't know any better at the time. The wires were getting very hot (Too hot to touch) and that's not good with the fuel tank within literally inches. I bought a new rear seat (ok new to me) and it looks wierd to see it in there. I have to cut a section of the roll cage out, that goes between the center section. There's hardly any room to climb in the back without doing some yoga first.

I keep running into things that are slowing me down, but I'm trying to force myself to take a little more time now and enjoy fewer problems later.

I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there. It's fun to run around on the roads and see the country side.

Anyways. Later.

Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
[gigling like a school girl inside] Did I say I love my Wife?

#320851 - 13/02/08 07:41 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
[b]congrats adam!!!

I'm still working on it and have a few weekends to go, as well as insurance/registration, so no, I can't. Besides, I have to work on the new X.

Thanks though!

I've got just about every guage you can have and it borderline, overboard. I had to rewire a bunch of stuff, that I didn't know any better at the time. The wires were getting very hot (Too hot to touch) and that's not good with the fuel tank within literally inches. I bought a new rear seat (ok new to me) and it looks wierd to see it in there. I have to cut a section of the roll cage out, that goes between the center section. There's hardly any room to climb in the back without doing some yoga first.

I keep running into things that are slowing me down, but I'm trying to force myself to take a little more time now and enjoy fewer problems later.

I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there. It's fun to run around on the roads and see the country side.

Anyways. Later.

Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
[gigling like a school girl inside] Did I say I love my Wife?[/b]
If ya need any company up at the claim - let us know! smile Love that place.

#320852 - 13/02/08 08:44 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there.
Adam, I'll bring my ATVs up there anytime you want to go (well, after my diff get fixed). Just let me know.

#320853 - 13/02/08 08:47 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's two sets of shackles [ThumbsUp] .. I bought 'em for my Scout. Believe it or not, Calmini Blue is a perfect match to my '66's chassis, susp, and steering.

#320854 - 14/02/08 06:03 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Rog!

You know, I am missing the Front mud Flaps! [Finger]

Now that I've piqued everyone's interest, (including my own) I can't wait to get to go camping again.

Looks like we would have a great turnout. [ThumbsUp]

#320855 - 14/02/08 06:45 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Tell Jim that Sheila with the two Nissans told ya to do a package thing becuase you treated her so well. He should remember her, she did all of the calls back and forth with Jim when we setup our deal. I know he has refered people to me just to show my truck and what his stuff turns out like.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#320856 - 14/02/08 06:49 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
[b]Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
Tell Jim that Sheila with the two Nissans told ya to do a package thing becuase you treated her so well. He should remember her, she did all of the calls back and forth with Jim when we setup our deal. I know he has refered people to me just to show my truck and what his stuff turns out like.

-MadManX[/b]
Thanks! I'll do that, Now I Better Get to Work!!!!

#320857 - 14/02/08 08:15 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Congrats Adam. I will pm that info this afternoon. Don't forget to take off the steprails. [Laughing] [Spit]

#320858 - 14/02/08 09:55 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Congrats Adam. I will pm that info this afternoon. Don't forget to take off the steprails. [Laughing] [Spit]
Also, Can't forget that I don't have the locker either. smile Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p

#320859 - 15/02/08 01:09 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats adam on getting back into the game.

I've still yet to mount the skids, haha.

#320860 - 15/02/08 08:43 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p
Wha? Not during?! I swear, it happens, just as fast!

#320861 - 15/02/08 08:51 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh ya, i live like 10 minutes away from Shrockworks *NEENER NEENER NEENER*

#320862 - 15/02/08 08:56 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ProjectX:
oh ya, i live like 10 minutes away from Shrockworks *NEENER NEENER NEENER*
[Finger] At least my X originated from TX. laugh

#320863 - 15/02/08 08:58 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by karlover007:
Quote:
[b] Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p
Wha? Not during?! I swear, it happens, just as fast![/b]
It's funny because they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural. I'll be giving a thorough inspection tomorrow.

#320864 - 15/02/08 01:50 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural.
[Uh Oh !]

#320865 - 15/02/08 01:54 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural.
[Uh Oh !]
No worries. I tested the drivetrain and all works great. I do think it needs a manifold, so after I confirm I will "Search" and see what I need to do and where to get the best one from. I thought about headers, but I hate leaks, etc. and it will need emmisions in October.

#320866 - 16/02/08 07:37 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

While Joannie was watching the Kiddos I managed to get some new shoes for the X today and do an oil change as well as do some work on the other 2 cars (Baja and Chrysler).

We went with the Firestone Destination A/T's 265/75/R16. I found one of the Grabbers had a huge gash in the sidewall, so I couldn't wait. Sorry Dan. I'll still take the Shackles though.

Anyways, after the Bug show in the Morning (sunday) we are going to head up to Flagstaff to play around in the Snow and eat at Mike and Rhondas. If anyone is interested give me a call. 602-377-7922

I'm sure you're all a bit burned out from the last two days and it's totally last minute.

After inspecting I need a new centerlink, so I'll check into the Hoohaa I see advert here. Everything else looks really good, except for Plug wires that look like they were chewed on. eek Doesn't seem to affect the running of the engine at all, but the test will be climbing the mountain to Flag.

The oil was super black and the air filter plugged, so it should be a lot happier, once I get back, I'll go get the gear oil, trans fluid, etc. to change everything.

I'll try and get some nonpavement pics up soon. [Wave]

#320867 - 16/02/08 08:05 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice one - I just put the Destination ATs on mine too and they handle WAY better than the BF Goodrich. Those sucked balls in the wet - sliding all over the place. But in yesterdays rain I couldn't even make it slip with the Firestones on her and I was trying too! laugh

#320868 - 16/02/08 08:32 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
While Joannie was watching the Kiddos I managed to get some new shoes for the X today and do an oil change as well as do some work on the other 2 cars (Baja and Chrysler).

We went with the Firestone Destination A/T's 265/75/R16. I found one of the Grabbers had a huge gash in the sidewall, so I couldn't wait. Sorry Dan. I'll still take the Shackles though.

Anyways, after the Bug show in the Morning (sunday) we are going to head up to Flagstaff to play around in the Snow and eat at Mike and Rhondas. If anyone is interested give me a call. 602-377-7922

I'm sure you're all a bit burned out from the last two days and it's totally last minute.

After inspecting I need a new centerlink, so I'll check into the Hoohaa I see advert here. Everything else looks really good, except for Plug wires that look like they were chewed on. eek Doesn't seem to affect the running of the engine at all, but the test will be climbing the mountain to Flag.

The oil was super black and the air filter plugged, so it should be a lot happier, once I get back, I'll go get the gear oil, trans fluid, etc. to change everything.

I'll try and get some nonpavement pics up soon. [Wave]
Sweet Adam. glad everything is working out!!! I should make it up to Phoenix within the next 3 weeks.

#320869 - 17/02/08 06:31 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We figured we don't want to freeze while walking around the show and are just going straight up for a brunch at M&R's so I'll post up a couple of pics hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

I think we'll be leaving by 8:30, we'll see with this caravan. [LOL]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal